High HR = key to succes !!!

LeelooM

Prowler
Society
Spectra
Leeloo Leeloo Mountain

Been testing a lot in mining lately and most important is your HitRating !!!

I'll be doing some runs / day (if possible) and post here the results.

Not going to say where and how I did it since I'm still testing it, but I keep using my F-106 all the time, if not I'll say so.​

I'll give the runs numbers/Name to see if HR/TT return are stable when I go there several times

Here is a summary (that I have experienced) about HR

As promised : My secret to mining and how to get the 40+% HR

HR can be affected by a few things, also your TT return so I named it WWW

What - Where - When

First you need to focus on WHAT you gonna mine, most likely something with a nice MU, with a nice MU I mean 110-120%

Second is WHERE you have mapped most of those and know the zone very well

Third is WHEN ... IMO this is the hardest 1 and its divided in 2 sections

1 - When was the last time somebody mined there ... if your HR is about 20% it was very short before you came ... 5 minutes? if your HR is about 25-30% ... 10 minutes? if your HR is over 30-35% ... 15 minutes ... and then there is the magical 40+%...
(Those timings are for most regular ores only
Enmatters can take up to several hours to spawn)

2 - Economical HR is when there are lots and lots to mine, lots of pages on auction and lower MU than normal makes this the absolute winner with over 40% HR when both sections are in optimal conditions and that's the time I start using amps.

All tests are done without amps

GL mining all, hope this helps a bit​

Last edited:
Zone 1 Enm - My first run for today : TT return 118,68%
21-jan-19_8_02_54_am_enm.jpg

Zone 1 Ore - Second run for today : TT return 112,34%
The first 100 drops are always high HR
21-jan-19_9_58_56_am_ore_100_drops.jpg

The next 100 drops HR goes down since I start finding redu + ruga so here MU takes over
21-jan-19_11_12_26_am_200_ore_drops.jpg

Zone 3 Amp Test - The 3th run will be done when all requirements are there to test HR when switching amps
KingoFaces will do the analysis
1st try is a no go
2nd try was ok TT return 100,43% ^^
21-jan-19_2_58_12_pm_amp_switch.jpg

No Amp Probes 0-9 no amp 40% HR
Amp 1 Probes 10-19 40% HR
Amp 2 Probes 20-29 43,33% HR
Amp 3 Probes 30-39 42,50 HR
Amp 4 Probes 40-49 44% HR and no Amp 5 in invent :(
Amp 4 Probes 50-59 41,67% HR
Amp 4 Probes 60-69 42,86% HR
Amp 4 Probes 70-79 42,50% HR
Amp 4 Probes 80-89 41,11% HR
Amp 4 Probes 90-100 40% HR

Last edited:
Just double checking before I start running any numbers, but are those hit rates in run 3 cumulative starting with the unamped (basically same setup as last time?), or are those hit rates within each amp instead? I can add this to your old data too to get a little more power hopefully.

If it's the same as last time, here's what you have so far as of the time I edited this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Basically no difference in hit rates right now (a slight increase with amp decay, but not statistically significant). This is again early though, so once you start getting closer to 100 drops for at least a few amps, it should give us a better idea if anything will likely show up or not.

Last edited:
LBML tracking ?

Just double checking before I start running any numbers, but are those hit rates in run 3 cumulative starting with the unamped (basically same setup as last time?), or are those hit rates within each amp instead? I can add this to your old data too to get a little more power hopefully.

If it's the same as last time, here's what you have so far as of the time I edited this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Basically no difference in hit rates right now (a slight increase with amp decay, but not statistically significant). This is again early though, so once you start getting closer to 100 drops for at least a few amps, it should give us a better idea if anything will likely show up or not.

Yes, I did this swithching amps test 100% the same as I did the first 1.
The only different is that I would have use a level 5 amp if I had 1 on me, but I did,'t but that's ok, I'll keep doing all other runs the same like this.
The HR here is a lot better cause I waited for the best condition before I started, I'll do so for the next runs also.
Thank you very much :)

EDIT : If I didn't had used amps here, I would have made a profit. But using amps and getting NRF eats your profit in TT return when not hitting a better claim.

Last edited:
And now the question.. how do u increase ur hit rate from 20% to 40%+?

Today started really very good :)

Zone 2 First run for today 161,47%
Very high profit since it started with a high HR + 2 x XI
screenshot_-_22-jan-19_7_47_16_am.jpg

And the end result
22-jan-19_8_44_49_am_ore_ti.jpg

Zone 5 81,39 % TT return
In this zone I always had problems getting the HR up (Hint lol)
screenshot_-_22-jan-19_11_48_38_am.jpg

Last edited:
And now the question.. how do u increase ur hit rate from 20% to 40%+?

Indeed, use LBML to track your HR

If low ... like 20-30% move to another zone.

How to increase it ... still testing that part

Last edited:
I've never seen such high hit rates. And I've been mining some !

Barely ever been over 20-25%.

Taking old disciple or internship?

:)

I've never seen such high hit rates. And I've been mining some !

Barely ever been over 20-25%.

Taking old disciple or internship?

:)

Mail send :)

Hi Leeloo,

Interesting and cool post. Wish you the best of luck and appreciate you guys sharing the info. Also, IMO, I think your hit rate variance (HRV) is determined in a combonation of factors that involve skills, timing, equipment, and location (STEL).

All the best and cheerz,
Vi

Hi Leeloo,

Interesting and cool post. Wish you the best of luck and appreciate you guys sharing the info. Also, IMO, I think your hit rate variance (HRV) is determined in a combonation of factors that involve skills, timing, equipment, and location (STEL).

All the best and cheerz,
Vi

Who nows :) will reveal all in a few weeks ^^

Who nows :) will reveal all in a few weeks ^^

Yes.

Also, makes me curious on how this data can be applied for those who don't use UL mining finders in theory/general as I only use L pre-amped mining finders. Thus, would the HRV stabilize or 'increase positive' for an eco UL mining finder in long term versus a more 'dynamic' approach in HRV using only L pre-amped finders in shorter time spans? I'm sure there's many more questions, but that came to mind atm.

The HR here is a lot better cause I waited for the best condition before I started

that's what i've been thinking after seeing 60 nrf in hell mining, then 3-4 claims in the last 40 drops, when i was mining unamped. Observed over roughly 30k drops.
So i figured, i'll do my 60 nrf and then switch to d-class to get 3-4 claims in the 39 d-class drops, ofc it didn't work for a single one out of the 3 d-class. Always ended up with 1-2 claimes, one of the claims was gladly 800+ PED, so no loss there. Anyway, that theory is in the trash can now.

that's what i've been thinking after seeing 60 nrf in hell mining, then 3-4 claims in the last 40 drops, when i was mining unamped. Observed over roughly 30k drops.
So i figured, i'll do my 60 nrf and then switch to d-class to get 3-4 claims in the 39 d-class drops, ofc it didn't work for a single one out of the 3 d-class. Always ended up with 1-2 claimes, one of the claims was gladly 800+ PED, so no loss there. Anyway, that theory is in the trash can now.

Indoor mining is totally dif .......

Yes.

Also, makes me curious on how this data can be applied for those who don't use UL mining finders in theory/general as I only use L pre-amped mining finders. Thus, would the HRV stabilize or 'increase positive' for an eco UL mining finder in long term versus a more 'dynamic' approach in HRV using only L pre-amped finders in shorter time spans? I'm sure there's many more questions, but that came to mind atm.

I have been using the Roctec MF1/DSEC-L30 also, so equal to finder + amp 2 and I might try some A or D- ziplex series.

But first I want to check and be sure, that the way I'm mining now gives me a steady HR of around 40%

As far as I noticed (but no exact numbers on it) it "acts" the same as the UL finder with an amp, so imo it should be possible to get a 40% HR also.

The only thing that worries me when using amps is that even with a HR of 40% the NRF's drains your profit away if you do not hit a bigger claim in your run, at least, that's what I noticed on the amp switching runs, but all that will be cleared up after a lot more runs also.

Last edited:
Not sure I get what you're saying, of course tt return is influenced by HR. Subscribing to see how you further develop this.

I do not see how this is possible..

Good luck :)

Zone 2 (has 4% taxes)
Ores are always done with 5 depth enh cause of the ruga that can be found there.
For enm I do not use enh, that's why I separate the runs

Yesterday Jan 22th Zone 2 TT return 161,47%

Zone 2 again TT return 102,70%
screenshot_-_23-jan-19_7_23_44_am.jpg

HR wasn't that good so I decided to check how the HR of Enm was on the same spot
HR was also very low (I stop when going under 25% HR for Enm) and I was thinking if this was because I did the ENM run straight after I finished the ore run (future will tell). Drop 85 gave me the XII :)

Zone 2 again : TT return 142,02% 1 x XII
23-jan-19_8_59_01_am_ti_enm.jpg

Average TT return so far for ores : 132,09%

Last edited:
If you are in an area with a very low hitrate, does that mean that the market is flooded with the resource/s that the area provides ?

If you are in an area with a very low hitrate, does that mean that the market is flooded with the resource/s that the area provides ?

Randomness should always be the first thing to consider before anything else. When you're below 100 drops, there's no statistical difference between a 20% and 40% hit rate as I pointed out in my comment about confidence intervals in the post that started this. Sometimes you're just going to get a string of NRFs even if the true average hit rate for that area and time is high. Basically, don't assume a connection when you can't rule out random sampling effects.

Then there's the question that's more up in the air of how swings in the loot pool affect the true average hit rate, if that's split up by resource type, etc.

Those two come in to play before even looking at resources currently "out of the ground". It could affect hit rate, but it can also just mean the other resources become more common in place of the "missing" resource. I don't have great data on that, but trends I've seen don't really indicate specific resource availability and hit rate are correlated.

Last edited:
also something i noticed is that the higher the hitrate the lower the average MU.

and the higher the hitrate the lower the rate of multipliers. meaning when i get tons of NRF and a hitrate of 20 to 25% then thats the usually the time when the big global / hof comes. i very very rarely get a huge multi in a good hitrate streak.

and sometimes you can get unlucky:
100 drops planet side - 19 claims - 51.2% return

4 claims within the first 50 drops, the other 15 in the remaining 50 drops.

and sometimes you can get unlucky:
100 drops planet side - 19 claims - 51.2% return

4 claims within the first 50 drops, the other 15 in the remaining 50 drops.

I call that: Black day. Im happy it don't happen much, at least if you do unamped and not indoor. Some times it just need to change the place, server, planet.

also something i noticed is that the higher the hitrate the lower the average MU.

and the higher the hitrate the lower the rate of multipliers. meaning when i get tons of NRF and a hitrate of 20 to 25% then thats the usually the time when the big global / hof comes. i very very rarely get a huge multi in a good hitrate streak.

In those 35-40% and higher HR's I'm mining Typo, Alic, ganga, gazz, duru, redu, ruga mostly I get a multi (if I get 1) in the cheaper stuff that is also there, like blaus, nexus or magerian.

I "assume" that a multiplier comes avatar based, so you get something like a bonus for the TT you spend but I never count on that.
I play on safe mining, so when HR starts dropping I leave.

When I get a HR of 20-25% in enm I stop mining, if going under 30% for ores, I stop also. It's useless to keep dropping when there is nothing there.

For the moment I'm very happy with mining 2,0 and think it's very stable!!!

Last edited:
Back