How long will MA keep an inactive account? At least 5+ years in my case

Ssurak

Hatchling
I thought I would share my info should the community find useful on how long MA will keep an inactive account open as I recently started playing again. Turns out quite a long time... My info:

Stopped playing EU and withdrew funds. Last login was: August 2013
Started playing EU again: January 2019
Other facts: Had a gold card and it still worked to allow access and had left about 7000 ped TT value worth of items on my Avatar.

Turns out it was a good business decision by MA as I immediately started depositing again.

Now if only my planet calypso forum account hadn’t been purged during that time...:wise:

-Ssurak “da snake” Gelid

Great to hear that everthing that is yours are now again in your hand ;)

Then very Welcome in Eu again and in my opinion you are one of the luckiest avas in this case....

they changed the "Terms of Use" within the past yrs......now they are "allowed" to delete your ava within like 1 yr....sometimes they do it...sometimes not...

the last yrs it was about deletion allowed after like 2yrs....

I think maybe if you didn't log in during the time they changed it it may not affect you until you agree to it? If that's the case, be sure to not take such a long break again.

May not be so lucky next time.

I am not surprised. If u dont damage the enviroment of game (cheating, important assets useful to other abandoned) i dont see why they have to take ur items, even if they a lot of ped, those money are urs. They know it, they are no thief.

Btw, contact me i xan help you evaluating ur assets to the new market prices, u may have something valuable that in old times was not and now is.

Now if only my planet calypso forum account hadn’t been purged during that time...:wise:

-Ssurak “da snake” Gelid

Planet Calypso Forum accounts dont usually get 'purged'. How did you manage that?

I think maybe if you didn't log in during the time they changed it it may not affect you until you agree to it? If that's the case, be sure to not take such a long break again.

May not be so lucky next time.

Highly likely spot on there. Lucky indeed

Rick

Then very Welcome in Eu again and in my opinion you are one of the luckiest avas in this case....

they changed the "Terms of Use" within the past yrs......now they are "allowed" to delete your ava within like 1 yr....sometimes they do it...sometimes not...

the last yrs it was about deletion allowed after like 2yrs....

Thinking you could be right. Never logged in at all. Also I had the infamous Entropia debit card and my full docs verified so wondering if that would trigger bank-like regulations of how and when an account can be repossessed and whether they would be required to try and contact me about my funds prior to taking them.

I am definitely very lucky but MA is just as lucky as they need more depositors!;)

I am not surprised. If u dont damage the enviroment of game (cheating, important assets useful to other abandoned) i dont see why they have to take ur items, even if they a lot of ped, those money are urs. They know it, they are no thief.

Btw, contact me i xan help you evaluating ur assets to the new market prices, u may have something valuable that in old times was not and now is.

Had sold alot but kept a few items as I thought I might return like my trusty F-106.I was a packrat so still going through containers and McCormick safes of stuff but looks like many items lost value not gained.

Planet Calypso Forum accounts dont usually get 'purged'. How did you manage that?

Dunno. Used the same email I used last time and it was definitely gone which is completely fair since I probably hadn’t logged in since 2011 and just browsed the boards now and again...

Well... I been around long enough, and this is my second account. My 1st account was deleted due to inactive for 2 years back to year 2008. What to do ? I lost some old items... anyway, life move on...

Back