Entropia Universe 15.20.2 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixed Issues
  • Fixed an issue causing “Loot is claimed by someone else” situations when defeating a creature with full health. Previously damaged creatures will reset their loot rights calculation after regenerating to full health. Will still store the PED value on the target so no money is lost.
  • Client stability increased.
  • Fixed an issue affecting the set bonuses on Angel Armor FEN Edition.
  • Fixed an issue with the Life Leech buff on Modified Restoration Chips.
  • Corrected name of Malachai Inferno FEN Edition.

Known Issues
  • Malachai Inferno FEN Edition glasses are still missing texture.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Fixed Issues

• Fixed an issue causing “Loot is claimed by someone else” situations when defeating a creature with full health. Previously damaged creatures will reset their loot rights calculation after regenerating to full health. Will still store the PED value on the target so no money is lost.

• W00T!!!!

:rocket:

:handgun:

Fixed Issues

• Ah to bad they fixed it.
    Now it was an easy 4 ped after it happened and if you filled a support :tongue2:

But its very sporty that with the reset the ped spend are still stored in the mob. MA could also have decided to do a full reset, and thus claiming the spend ped for themselves.

Fixed Issues

So they touched the loot code, there is a good chance they fucked up something else. Going to wait for a couple of days and let the beta testers do their things :)

Thank you, alright this was more important than the chat channels. Their fix will be in the follow-up patch next week, right? It just doesn't become more plausible why it can't be done as time goes by.

So they touched the loot code, there is a good chance they fucked up something else. Going to wait for a couple of days and let the beta testers do their things :)

you don't realise that is exactly the way you miss out?! didn't you catch what happened in the crafting event? :laugh:

Ah to bad they fixed it.
Now it was an easy 4 ped after it happened and if you filled a support :tongue2:

But its very sporty that with the reset the ped spend are still stored in the mob. MA could also have decided to do a full reset, and thus claiming the spend ped for themselves.

But did they really? :D

Thanks for fixing the mod chip.

Next up (i hope)

Persistant storage/loot windows again (they are getting reset to top corners at repair and auction, which sucks royally on a massive screen)
Chat channels bug fix
fix for the occasionally missing page selection from the sticky notes/notifications window.

[*]Fixed an issue causing “Loot is claimed by someone else” situations when defeating a creature with full health. Previously damaged creatures will reset their loot rights calculation after regenerating to full health. Will still store the PED value on the target so no money is lost.

:lolup:

So... anyone know some good high-regen mobs? Asking for a friend...

you know, it can swing the other way too where they messed it up in the players favor. Maybe hofs are 100x more likely now accidentally.

:lolup:

So... anyone know some good high-regen mobs? Asking for a friend...

Turrelion Vlanwing is beyond doubt the highest relative regen mob in the universe. It regens to full 10 HP every tick it's alive.

Not sure about regen in absolute numbers.

Ok well I tested on Riptor since I didn't feel like leaving Ark and they have decent regen. It takes a really long time to pump one up enough to global, but it can be done. I don't have the patience to bother using it as an exploit, but if you do have the patience then you can basically make every mob a global now. In my tests I only got more shrap, so not sure this could be used to improve item drops (could just be my luck though)... but if you want to farm rewards from an LA/event that rewards globals this is one way to do it.

So they touched the loot code ( snip ):)

Interesting..

you know, it can swing the other way too where they messed it up in the players favor. Maybe hofs are 100x more likely now accidentally.

I thought the same, won't know till we try it. ;)

I think they may have, as I was hunting last night and looted a item that was kind of cool to see for a change, it came after a bit of a pause from the other loot. Still was cool to see even if it was small. :yup:

it came after a bit of a pause from the other loot.

Items you haven't seen this VU (or since the last change in graphic settings) always come after a bit of a pause - simply because thumbnails aren't cached yet.

Ok well I tested on Riptor since I didn't feel like leaving Ark and they have decent regen. It takes a really long time to pump one up enough to global, but it can be done. I don't have the patience to bother using it as an exploit, but if you do have the patience then you can basically make every mob a global now. In my tests I only got more shrap, so not sure this could be used to improve item drops (could just be my luck though)... but if you want to farm rewards from an LA/event that rewards globals this is one way to do it.

The way I understand the new loot system, doing this would kill your efficiency and hence minimize your chances of getting anything other than shrapnel. I'm still hazy about what exactly is the influence of those 7%, quantity- and/or quality-wise. Depending on where the lower limit really is for the chance of getting items, this would be exploitable or not.

I did not see any comments about the statue at Twin Peaks. Look ok to me however if you click it just says statue and not the name of the person. If you click on info you get the owner I think (don't remember the name of him) But I would have thought for 5K ped you get his name when you click it not just statue

has it ever been that official that loot is stored on the target?

In my memory (which can be imperfect) this is a first and interesting indeed.

has it ever been that official that loot is stored on the target?

it could be also meant as additional storing loot (meant as loot on top from normal hunting behaviour .....when/if the mob was shot but not killed starting from spawning time)

Last edited:
Pretty fascinating info/confirmation from MA.
No wonder we got so many frequent universal wide loot lagg periods. The system can't keep up with hoarding all that data.

It probably is badly worded and loot is not stored on the target the way you think it is.

More likely they have a table that can hold, for a given target, the amount of damage that has been done to it and by whom -- this would be required for e.g. shared mobs and team hunts, so no new code there. Same table would be used to determine "ownership" of non-shared mobs, when the damage reaches a certain threshold. I think the only code change is simply each time a (non-shared) mob reaches full health it resets the owner.

Back