Suggestion: shields.... new item

mmm.... i have a idea for Mindark: i think in a shield, like Captain America... a shield that i can use when i take pistol, one hand mace, one hand axe or one hand blade/knife...

this shield add its protection at protection level armor... but only for the weapons i sayed before, not rifles or two handed weapons... look at Fenris in Cyrene... something like this...

attachment.php

another idea: buffs in the shield: evade, dodge... and tiering too, ok...

Not a bad idea :)

And you would hold the shield with the little finger when using a sword?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't go into that medieval stuff because perverts will start asking for codpieces.

And you would hold the shield with the little finger when using a sword?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Use weapon with a hand, and shield with another hand :)

In this case, avatar could use both hands with two diferent items.... more programing....

yeah!!!! another idea at both hands: twin pistols, twin blades or twin knifes... multiply x2 the shooting speed...

attachment.php

add mindforce shields, then it isn't too much of a hassle to code ... is it, mindark? :scratch2:

oh and when you're at it, we could need more area heal chips :)

do it similar to vehicles, and use welding wire to repair em? That way there's not a lot more programming to do as the vehicle system already exists in game... just need to apply it to avatars. Could work as add on to plates, enhancers, etc.

Last edited:
We have swords,blades, axe,---> why not shilds. Great idea :)

do it similar to vehicles, and use welding wire to repair em? That way there's not a lot more programming to do as the vehicle system already exists in game... just need to apply it to avatars. Could work as add on to plates, enhancers, etc.

As a game dev, i would say NO is not so easy as you think. In game engines vehicles and characters/pawns are 2 full different things.
It would need to add more animations to the character for the left hand. Then item code would need to handle weapons for left hand. It would need to create new models for left hand. It would need to expand the weapon code for handle 2 items at once, etc... there is a lot more ofc.

Now, thats one thing to do, the next is balancing of the whole system. Ppl can do more damage, since a left hand item exist and this will affect other things like pvp, Landcrap, and more.

So, this dont mean i don't like this idea of using 2 items at once, but it needs to be good planed and done, and how i told, maybe not so easy as most think, to implement left hand tools/weapons/shields etc.

A bit like the cloaks. Wouldnt take much to impliment.

Two handed weapons would be a game changer. Please do that

As a game dev, i would say NO is not so easy as you think.
So, this dont mean i don't like this idea of using 2 items at once, but it needs to be good planed and done, and how i told, maybe not so easy as most think, to implement left hand tools/weapons/shields etc.

Totally agree, that would be a serious update, with a lot work involved.

another idea: buffs in the shield: evade, dodge... and tiering too, ok...

and they should come with aggro gained +x% and aggro loss upon taking hits -y%.

example:
high level shield +100% aggro gained, you shoot with 50 damage but gain aggro worth 100 damage shot.
high level shield -75% aggro loss, without shield a 100 damage hit taken results in 100 aggro points lost, with shield 25 aggro points lost.

Would be cool for team hunting with a tank , healer, DDs setup :D

I want mindforce armour!

to be able to cast a temp armour buff.
That would make mindforce complete.

Sorcerers don't wear armour! They cast armour spells! :wtg:

Use weapon with a hand, and shield with another hand :)

In this case, avatar could use both hands with two diferent items.... more programing....

yeah!!!! another idea at both hands: twin pistols, twin blades or twin knifes... multiply x2 the shooting speed...

attachment.php
Don't forget bulletime. :lolup:

Make it look like a dollar bill... upgraded a twenty, etc. always envisioned illustrations of this game in dreams with avatars fighting with money literally...

Shields have their uses I suppose...

I want mindforce armour!

to be able to cast a temp armour buff.
That would make mindforce complete.

Would like this implemented as well. :yup:

Back