Questiuon on resource fields - Private or Public ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Question on resource fields - Private or Public ?

I have a question for the more experienced miners. In your opinion, does the presence of other miners in your area influence your HR (Hit Rate) ?

Last edited:
Definitely yes.

to me?
nop awalys same hr and avg mu

Yes yes yes !!! for normal mining, no idea about indoor mining.

Definately a yes from my point of view

I tested this some time ago, if you get nrf and someone will drop a bomb in the same place, just after you, he will also get nrf in 100% cases. It's easy to miss this effect in real gaming, but in general, yes, presence of other miners can affect your hit rate.

Yes and no .
First of all depends on the depth you are mining , if you mine at 1000 m and you have also 2 guys that prospected the zone at 1000 m right before you it’s a good chance to get more NRF’s. Or you will get only shity resourses because maybe the one with MU already was taken , or you can be the lucky and to get into the right moment and to take the good MU resourses while the others tooked more claims but the shity ones. But still yes I believe that you’re hit rate will be affected which means you will have less hits in most of the times.
In another case you can mine at surface 300 m average depth for example and to be the only one mining in that range . In this case you will have let’s say “normal” hit rate because you are the only one searching in that depth.
Indoor I believe it’s the same , but not really . You can prospect at 600 m and 30 sec after you another one place bombs at that same depth and find claims and even tower. ( happened to me multiple times)
Yet the mining tool it’s quite complex and it has a minimum depth range and a maximum one , in which I believe that when you drop a bomb it generates a random depth where is searching .
So to explain myself. X Finder - average range 500 m , min 200 max 800 , when you drop bombs it’s generating for example a depth for search from 280 m - 450 m you get no resourses but it might be one at 700 m +
( this is a theory only )
Other one can be that is more simple and it’s seaching from 200 m to 800 m and if it’s one ore more it’s finding the first one from them as depth , or maybe it’s just random find.
Still those are only theories and nobody know the exact way how a mining finder is searching.
In my opinion are both plausible.

Edit : to test it it’s quite difficult , you will need shit load of money to do long runs and different finders with different depths , and to drop like 5 - 7 double drops in a single place, different configurations also or a configuration of same finder but with depth enhancers so with one you hit at basis finding range after you attach 5 ench and search and after 10 enh and search which cannot be enough also , and in this case can be the posibility that you force the system to give claim during the tt loss.
It’s complicated

Last edited:
ive been mining the alt spot on RT for a while and about 3 or 4 other people do as well. pretty much all on the same 150-200 drops spot and pretty much all the time. i have noticed difference in daily mining but no difference if there were others or not. ive even had 100 drop runs with 50% hitrate while there are 3 other miners on my radar

ive been mining the alt spot on RT for a while and about 3 or 4 other people do as well. pretty much all on the same 150-200 drops spot and pretty much all the time. i have noticed difference in daily mining but no difference if there were others or not. ive even had 100 drop runs with 50% hitrate while there are 3 other miners on my radar

And do you know their hitrate, when you hit the 50% HR ?
Bet it was a lot less!

And do you know their hitrate, when you hit the 50% HR ?
Bet it was a lot less!

well if you can hit a lot better or worse with others in your radar then it would average out to being normal, wont it? that kinda means it doesnt matter :)

I tested this some time ago, if you get nrf and someone will drop a bomb in the same place, just after you, he will also get nrf in 100% cases. It's easy to miss this effect in real gaming, but in general, yes, presence of other miners can affect your hit rate.

How long ago, this changed a few years back and has been spoken about many times. You can accidently drop at same place and hit.

Alt is very common and dont need depth, that area is mined 24/7. Like livius says depth and skills can play a big diffrence.

Resource fields are definitely public... and get this, depth makes a difference, take a little rookie tool with you and test the surface layer of a "dead" area, the results just may surprise you

Resource fields are definitely public... and get this, depth makes a difference, take a little rookie tool with you and test the surface layer of a "dead" area, the results just may surprise you

Yes, you starting to get it :p

Cause hardly any 1 uses that 1 and use a deeper 1 for skills also, top layers are mostly still there.

So when the rest (deeper) is depleted for now, top layers might still be there.

You will not find all the same resourses there, but still. Also the time for some claims to be back can be different.

Yes, you starting to get it :p

Cause hardly any 1 uses that 1 and use a deeper 1 for skills also, top layers are mostly still there.

So when the rest (deeper) is depleted for now, top layers might still be there.

You will not find all the same resourses there, but still. Also the time for some claims to be back can be different.

Mining ends up in being a crap-shoot as one does not have any idea of who mined what in what area around you...

Next I want to know about re-spawn timers...

Mining ends up in being a crap-shoot as one does not have any idea of who mined what in what area around you...

Next I want to know about re-spawn timers...

Think nobody knows for sure, all I can say is that like oil, belk, blaus .... those are very short and for the others .... depends and are different.

When I was mining for alic missions (example) I went to a nice zone every 2 hours and got a nice amount every run, next day it changed hard and wasn't almost getting any but then I did see on auction that there where less pages so I "assume" it also has to do something with economics and crafters burning resources.

Think nobody knows for sure, all I can say is that like oil, belk, blaus .... those are very short and for the others .... depends and are different.

When I was mining for alic missions (example) I went to a nice zone every 2 hours and got a nice amount every run, next day it changed hard and wasn't almost getting any but then I did see on auction that there where less pages so I "assume" it also has to do something with economics and crafters burning resources.

Things are definitely a lot more volatile now than back in the day and we still do not know how it works. I long for the days of returning from a run with 3x the tt value in resources and a close to 100% HR.

Things are definitely a lot more volatile now than back in the day and we still do not know how it works. I long for the days of returning from a run with 3x the tt value in resources and a close to 100% HR.

I don't, it's much more stable now.

Back then, people where complaining about a lot of things .... 1 of those complains where why 1 person get's a ATH/huge HOF and others didn't get a thing. I can make a huge list why they changed a lot and imo it's much better now.
Do not misunderstand me, they didn't make it easier, those that want to gamble with amps.... will find it a lot harder to even break even now (but MA needs money to keep the game going), adjust is also a key here and learn from your mistakes or pay for it :rolleyes:

I don't, it's much more stable now.

Back then, people where complaining about a lot of things .... 1 of those complains where why 1 person get's a ATH/huge HOF and others didn't get a thing. I can make a huge list why they changed a lot and imo it's much better now.
Do not misunderstand me, they didn't make it easier, those that want to gamble with amps.... will find it a lot harder to even break even now (but MA needs money to keep the game going), adjust is also a key here and learn from your mistakes or pay for it :rolleyes:

OK here is my own personal, unconfirmed hypothesis of how this little system works... First off every resource type has a pool, when someone mines, they draw resources from that pool, crafters inject resources back into the pool when they craft.

Amps are very dangerous pieces of equipment, they draw more resources from the pool at once, and therefore fail to hit more as there is not sufficient resources in the pool to draw from, same as FOMA and all the other areas with decreased finder range.

Likewise holding onto resources would be a bad idea, less supply would increase the cost of the resource yes, as-well as make it spawn less.

I would like to hear anyone else's thoughts on this.

OK here is my own personal, unconfirmed hypothesis of how this little system works... First off every resource type has a pool, when someone mines, they draw resources from that pool, crafters inject resources back into the pool when they craft.

Amps are very dangerous pieces of equipment, they draw more resources from the pool at once, and therefore fail to hit more as there is not sufficient resources in the pool to draw from, same as FOMA and all the other areas with decreased finder range.

Likewise holding onto resources would be a bad idea, less supply would increase the cost of the resource yes, as-well as make it spawn less.

Totally agree on this.

For instance :

I need a lot of loot from robot/droka stuff to craft armatrix attachments, now when there isn't an event, loot there is bad so I buy what I need. Now when there is an event, loot is a lot better again, so I buy less and hunt more :p
More crafters are burning stuff (to craft weapons) so more loot goes in the loot pool and loot is better :)

Last edited:
This is a very interesting system, use my 105, I miss constantly.

Change to a md1, hit constantly .....

It's a cool idea, but extremely frustrating.....

No this just dont make sense. Maybe when the game was one planet, but not universal like it is now. I often save up large amounts either to export to Caly (as certin unversial ores and enmatters is more in demand there) or just stocking up for shop. Even when others have had huge hofs on theses mats, it has not change my finds.

I have a question for the more experienced miners. In your opinion, does the presence of other miners in your area influence your HR (Hit Rate) ?

Yes my pattern goes all to shit whenever someone else is dropping bombs in my area, but not if I for example blast them in the face before they can drop...which it becomes an utterly desperate scramble to do even though I rarely mine in pvp3.

In addition, I feel that amps can indeed miss, and yes, finders only scan a certain range of depth and can lead to a spawner building up ped but not spawning anything at that depth...meaning some areas where people run through with amps get filled up and can be harvested effectively with a rookie finder.
However, I notice that on times when I wind up missing a lot of the rare ores with my amps, I wind up hitting a 'big one' of a common ore or enmat to 'repay' my rolling counter.

It seems to be a safety mechanism to keep amped miners from stripping out all of the good resources in an area and flooding the market because they technically could bring up 1000 ped of gold repeatedly, which we do NOT see! Amps certainly seem to reduce the overall % volume of rare ore you find...which isn't always a bad thing.
Low drop cost/low return mining should provide a specialized niche which I fill I feel.

Last edited:
Back