Resource Targeting - Which resources are best to "go for" for each mining tool ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
This question goes out as a follow up to LeelooM's excellent guide..

I consider myself still as a "noob" miner regarding all the mining changes since the days of Project Entropia (yes thats a long time ago) and I am still finding it hard to adjust to the Crytek version. Anyway long story short, I would like to know what resources would be the best to target for each of the finders in their default form.

If this information is not available at the moment would it be a good idea to place it here ?

Also LeelooM, do you have a list of average depths for the different resource types ? (This would speed up indexing tremendously).

Thanks again

R4t

Average depths are kind of personal (depending finder and place)

Best look up on Frontpage of LBML, just scroll down. Now here you see highest/average/deepest, the only minus thingy here is that this is from any miner connected to LBML

So best go to your own places and try them out andif you have mined there a few times check your statisticswindow in LBML to check your average depth for that spot

Average depths are kind of personal (depending finder and place)

Best look up on Frontpage of LBML, just scroll down. Now here you see highest/average/deepest, the only minus thingy here is that this is from any miner connected to LBML

So best go to your own places and try them out andif you have mined there a few times check your statisticswindow in LBML to check your average depth for that spot

Fantastic, that's exactly what I am looking for ..... I will work on this @ home and see what I can come up with...

I don't think that the fact that the data comes from all users is that bad... I may not know the tool that is being used, but I do know the depth band that resource x can be found in, as long as my finder covers that band in it's entirety, it's a good match.

More questions to follow...

Last edited:
A general rule of thumb I like to give is that if you're mining with an emine FS (L), you're pretty able to hit all enmatters decently, and you'll really only miss the rare ores like redulite, etc. unless you get really lucky with a 800-1000m drop.

An F-106 at default depth does fairly similar too on the enmatter, but you might miss some of the "medium" rarity ores. Like Leeloo pointed out with LBML, it really depends more on what resources you want to target and making sure your tool works for that rather than the other way around. One of the disadvantages of LBML as Leeloo mentioned is that it's data from a bunch of players. The min/max/avg depth data is dependent on what finders people are using. If most people are using a finder hitting 650m, the averages are going to be biased towards that for many resources even if the true average depth is more like 400m. That's why I like to use the LBML program to see my own personal data on it.

Make a list of the ores and enmatters along with their MU. If you see an area on LBML that has a lot of resources you want to target, starting mapping that server to see what's there. It could be the high MU resource only occurs in a single zone that has a lot of junk, so your average MU might actually be too low to be worth targeting that area. Figuring that all out is where the personal testing comes in though. Most areas I target are 120% average MU runs with some 130%+.

This question goes out as a follow up to LeelooM's excellent guide..

I consider myself still as a "noob" miner regarding all the mining changes since the days of Project Entropia (yes thats a long time ago) and I am still finding it hard to adjust to the Crytek version. Anyway long story short, I would like to know what resources would be the best to target for each of the finders in their default form.

R4t

Hi, I find it interesting that you ask on your topic question. In my own opinion, EU mining is like finding, researching, practicing, and learning magic tricks IRL (yes, it is a side hobby of mine btw). Both similar in ways, because they both involve (STELr - skills, timing, equipment, location, and research). But LeelooM and Kingofaces have already replied with great information as I agree that it's best to sample and discover using various different setups to find what is out there along with reverifying old mining data (pre-mining 2.0) to to see if data has changed or not. (I do not use LBML).

"Some magicians never reveal their secrets".

Cheerz and GL,
Vi

Last edited:
Back