New Pet features - Which ones do you like?

New Pet Features - Which ones do you like?

• Picks up Fruits & Stones

Votes: 47 50.0%
  • Shows Harvestable Wood

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Turns off mob aggro

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Changes Global/HOF animation

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Buffs Tools that have no Enhancer slots

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Increases weight you can carry in Inventory

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Buffs Coloring/Texturing skills

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Increases Structural Integrity of vehicles

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Buff Team members' Concentration

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Buffs Team members' Range on weapons

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Buff Team members' Health

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • Reduce running speed of mobs

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Shines light at night & in the dark

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Advertises for you

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Absorbs Area of Effect damage

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Reduces weapon Efficiency

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Buffs Engineering

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Pets you can mount & ride

Votes: 62 66.0%

• Total voters
Please vote if you haven't already

I like a lot of these ideas. Pets definitely are being under utilized, as it is now, with so many cheaper options for similar effects.

Pets that can pickup fruit & stones This is cool. But may affect the market and one of the only revenues for new players as it would be the wealthier players being able to support such a pet and able to gather mass amounts.

I don't think so because the pet is consuming energy all the time, it might increase the total available amount of fruits on the market overal but the added amount came at a price in the form of energy per hour for the pet that collected it. So you're taking something that is completely free (fruits and stones) and giving players the ability to pay a little bit to get a little bit more of it.

It's the perfect loop. A pet that collects fruit which is necessary to feed it :)

If you haven't voted in this poll yet, please do!

Has everyone who cares about Pets at all voted here yet???? :scratch2: :scratch2:

If you haven't voted yet in this poll, please do.

Resurecting this thread just for fun

And the winner is... (drumroll) Pets you can mount and ride!

I just noticed recently that the log in screen when you are on Ark shows an avatar on a big animal with a saddle. I wonder how long ago this image was released and if Ark dev team has made any statements regarding such things as future pet mounts being in the works...

I just noticed recently that the log in screen when you are on Ark shows an avatar on a big animal with a saddle.
It may look counterintuitive but this is not an avatar riding an animal, but a single mob called Oratan Lancer. It's been there for a long time and features prominently in events, you never been there?

I would like to see battle pets! real battle pets that fighting with you against mobs! There isn't new. Exist in other MMO's. Buff pet it's ok but it's lazy programming.

It may look counterintuitive but this is not an avatar riding an animal, but a single mob called Oratan Lancer. It's been there for a long time and features prominently in events, you never been there?

Oh ok, my bad. I've been on Ark a few times but only to trade, not to hunt or mine.

i like any development that brings the focus towards team play rather than solo. So buffs which aid the entire team would be good.

I think picking up stones and fruit could also be a good feature.

damn! didn't realize it was multiple choice!!! but I do like the team buffs idea. infact any pet buffs should apply to you and team if in one.. currently auto loot works in this way technically and is always very nice to have in groups :)

Can we this one to 100 votes?

Pet that can drill my mining claims is what i want and will use on daily basis if they introduce someday :)

Pet that can drill my mining claims is what i want and will use on daily basis if they introduce someday :)

YES!!!

They could make a pet extractor tool you can attach to the pet. When you now get a claim, you can setup the pet, that it automaticaly go for extract your claims. If the pet is outside of radar, it still continue extracting, and the pet return to your position. The resources are then into the pet, and if the pet is back in storage, you can move the resources to your inventory.

If you be in lootable pvp, the pet can be killed, and all stuffs go to the hunter. also if the pet owner get killed, stored pet inventorys give all stuffs to the hunter, if they are into the players inventory. If the pet is spawned, it needs to be killed also, to get the stuffs. Into pvp, pets are not visible at radar.

Now, in same matter, the pet could get a attacking tool attached, like a weapon basicaly work. But if you spawn a such pet, it will also help to attack the current mob you be attacking.

Also it could be a heal tool, and the pet start to heal you, if you get damage. (I know, healers hate me now :) )

Bump - still relevant in 2021

Ive always loved the caly pets. Beautifully animated, yet treated like low quality rings (even the mythical pets). Is that it then, just a carrier of low quality buffs?

I had so much faith MA would do something amazing with them, bring some real fun and joy back into the game. Send them in as hunting helpers or taggers. Maybe even having an area or instance you could battle against other mobs (not pvp battles). Maybe even attack a fort with like your own 50 pets against other pets guarding it.

You know send in 50 trained sapphires, followed by your better pets into battle against the sand King. Ohh yeah awesome.

MA could have made a whole business out of it, pet amour, pet weapons for an army of pets to do amazing things.

I hoped compet would be EU for pets, but they choose a different crazy path. I'm not interested in selecting what buffs might be good, I want a whole lot more "vision" than that.

Build it and people will come, I'm not holding my breath though.

We didn't even get the extra buff unlocks via the stables.

Surely someone had some vision, to build the pets to begin with, what happened?

I've learned not to waste decades waiting anymore, I'll show some renewed dedication if pets are treated with the respect they truly deserve.

Rick.

Back