New Pet features - Which ones do you like?

New Pet Features - Which ones do you like?

• Picks up Fruits & Stones

Votes: 47 50.0%
  • Shows Harvestable Wood

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Turns off mob aggro

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Changes Global/HOF animation

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Buffs Tools that have no Enhancer slots

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Increases weight you can carry in Inventory

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Buffs Coloring/Texturing skills

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Increases Structural Integrity of vehicles

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Buff Team members' Concentration

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Buffs Team members' Range on weapons

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Buff Team members' Health

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • Reduce running speed of mobs

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Shines light at night & in the dark

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Advertises for you

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Absorbs Area of Effect damage

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Reduces weapon Efficiency

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Buffs Engineering

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Pets you can mount & ride

Votes: 62 66.0%

• Total voters

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Pets are a pretty common thing among MMOs and other types of video games. Entropia has had them for a very long time and many players have worked hard to increase their taming skills, but taming and pets have really been neglected over the years and since the advent of pills and rings, have seen their usefulness and popularity practically disappear... The result: a wasted opportunity and a whole profession and area of the game that has practically become obsolete irrelevant.

So lately I've been brainstorming and trying to come up with all kinds of new Pet features that could be developed and implemented to help revitalize that whole area of Entropia. The challenge of course, is to try to come up with effects or buffs that players would use and enjoy, without competing with other items like pills, rings and enhancers for example.

Here's a list of what I've managed to come up with so far, check off the ones you think are a good idea and that you would like to see implemented somehow. You can choose as many of them as you like, you are not limited to just 1 choice in this poll:

- A pet that picks up fruits and stones for you - fruit/stone walking made easy
- A pet that shows harvestable wood - wood harvesting made easy
- A pet that turns off mob aggro - when you're just trying to get somewhere fast
- A pet that changes Global & HOF animations - hunters might enjoy those
- A pet that buffs tools that have no enhancer slots - like refiners, vehicle repairer, colorator/texturizer, ...
- A pet that allows you to carry more weight in inventory - might be popular for miners and shop owners
- A pet that buffs your coloring/texturing skills - useful if you have skills in those professions
- A pet that increases structure integrity of vehicles - could be useful when spawning vehicles to absorb aoe damage
- A pet that improves team members' concentration (mindforce) - team buffs!
- A pet that gives team members increased range on weapons - team buffs!
- A pet that increases team members' health - team buffs!
- A pet that reduces speed of mobs aggroing you - for kiters and hunters that use taggers (long range rifles)
- A pet that shines light at night and in the dark - useful in caves and at night
- A pet that advertises for you - that other players can 'Operate' or that has a longer name string
- A pet that absorbs aoe damage (at a cost) - useful when hunting Zombie Kong for example
- A pet that reduces efficiency of your weapon - could be useful in events where the size of your loot matters
- A pet that buffs your Engineering - for crafters
- Pets you can mount like in WoW - how about a Berycled you can ride like a horse?

Now whether MA would add some of these features to the existing pets or introduce new ones I guess would be up to them, but I think it's kind of sad that all these Acceleration and Autoloot pets currently in game have lost all of their appeal since they can so easily be beat by a ring or pill that is cheaper and better to use...

Feedbacks are most welcome, I'm sure there's lots of great ideas out there, please vote on the ones you like above and let us know what other ideas you have!

Cheers o/

Legends

id prefer if they would remove pets altogether. it failed and the buffs are all crap and not worth it especially with rings offering the same for basically no cost and msot of them cheaper to buy.

id prefer if they would remove pets altogether. it failed and the buffs are all crap and not worth it especially with rings offering the same for basically no cost and msot of them cheaper to buy.

I know quite a few players who have invested a lot of time and money in their taming skills, that really wouldn't be fair to them. I've invested some time, not a ton, but enough that I would feel bad for those that are level 60 or more if MA was to remove pets completely.

No I think Pets could be made interesting again, the infrastructure is all there, so why would you let it go to waste? I think it would be smarter to just build on it and revitalize Pets rather then kill it.

Hmmmm

All very good ideas. :yup:

You forgot a "Loot Sniffing" pet. ( sniff out the larger loots and globals.) :ahh::laugh:

So, instead.. I chose 'Pets you can ride.' :tiphat:

All very good ideas. :yup:

You forgot a "Loot Sniffing" pet. ( sniff out the larger loots and globals.) :ahh::laugh:

So, instead.. I chose 'Pets you can ride.' :tiphat:

:laugh:

Thanks! You know this is a multiple choice Poll right? You can pick as many of them as you like, there's no limit!

Cheers o/

Legends

there's room for 100s of ideas. the buffs now are pretty boring, especially since so many pets have the same buffs. while the coveted buff pets are so few. changes required. personally i'd like to see an increased aggro or a decoy effect to distract a mob while you try to kill it - requiring you to heal your pet as it take damage. more auto loot pets.

i still think the introduction of auto loot pills was the unclassiest thing MA has ever done. (besides siding with pirates and choosing to ignore small time players AUD auction mistakes and letting the bastages sell them in 100 AUD stacks so they can send their kids to college. can't even name the prick here. but karma will doosh it out to them all.) so a pet that you can sic on those aholes would be the BEST pet ingame IMO sigh. or a pet to put in your quad gunners seat to defend against pirates - come on MA this game has potential not just the potential to be lame btw.

even pet fights would be nice. and no, compet fighting wasn't even a thing, let alone a cool thing.

I like a lot of these ideas. Pets definitely are being under utilized, as it is now, with so many cheaper options for similar effects.

Pets that can pickup fruit & stones This is cool. But may affect the market and one of the only revenues for new players as it would be the wealthier players being able to support such a pet and able to gather mass amounts.
(What about pets that randomly drop Common Dung on the ground?) :wise: :laugh:

Show harvestable trees This wood be huge. They then could harvested the wood, having to consume nutrio bars?

Drop mob agro briefly This would be great. Similar to using a decoy. Again at the cost of nutrio bars I would assume.

Reduce mob run speed I like this. But would you not get a similar affect with a decoy pet or even the Run Speed Kanin pet that exists now? There may be situations however where this would be a better choice of action.

Pet that shines light This is a bright idea. Definitely there are times and places this would be very useful.

Absorb shared splash damage Why not. I think all pets should be able to do this.

Ridable Mounted Pets! Yes, yes and yes. This was kind of already hinted at by MA as an idea when they first mentioned pets and the taming system, I think? Something about riding an Atrox into town or off into the sunset? :scratch2:

Great ideas. There are so many possibilities with expanding on the existing pet system.

Little off-topic & out of the box:

A suggestion I have been thinking about. But will share here.
I think it would be really cool if tamers could 'reprogram' certain bots to assist colonists. Bots could also consume minimal amounts of welding wire rather than nutrio bars? Possibly through the use of an RK repair tool to 'charge' the bot's reserves with welding wire and provide VSE & repair skill gains through the process?
Only the owner should be able to 'charge' their personal bots.
This could also maybe expand on what we think pets or companions should be capable of doing?

Something like;

Vehicle Repair Bot - Uses minimal welding wire reserves from their 'charge' but would not provide skill gains as you got the gains when you 'charged' the bot with a RK repair tool beforehand.

Crafting Bot - Uses minimal 'charged' reserves of welding wire per click, reducing the bot's 'charge'. But allows you to craft anytime/anywhere.

Ad Bot - Uses minimal 'charged' reserves of welding wire per shout while you are online and can set the number of times and frequency. This would have to mimic the player's user name in chat so that people can respond, ignore or report.

Hunter Bot - Uses welding wire 'charges' as ammo to provide additional dps. Maybe through electric and/or plasma damage?

Last edited:
Or maybe they could fix decoy dispenser before undercutting it.

I'm a level 16 (or 18? gotta log in to check) decoy dispenser and I cannot distract an exa young.

Or maybe they could fix decoy dispenser before undercutting it.

I'm a level 16 (or 18? gotta log in to check) decoy dispenser and I cannot distract an exa young.

Have not used a decoy in many years. Was not aware it was broken. If it is broken, it would have to be fixed in order for a pet to function as a decoy anyway.

edit:
Not sure how a pet decoy would be undercutting? There would be costs and MU associated with a pet using this ability? while a decoy and dispenser you can pick up from any trade terminal.
There would have to be level limitations to what a pet can distract based on its level similar to the decoy profession and would have to be an activated ability with a cost per use through nutrio bar consumption?

Last edited:
I would like to have a pet as mining digger, or as healer. Could be made with a pet tool like pet mining extractor and pet fap. Both tools are craftable.

Same for riding, needs to have saddle and dishes. Also craftable.

Have not used a decoy in many years. Was not aware it was broken. If it is broken, it would have to be fixed in order for a pet to function as a decoy anyway.

edit:
Not sure how a pet decoy would be undercutting? There would be costs and MU associated with a pet using this ability? while a decoy and dispenser you can pick up from any trade terminal.
There would have to be level limitations to what a pet can distract based on its level similar to the decoy profession and would have to be an activated ability with a cost per use through nutrio bar consumption?

If I throw a zero+ value at a mob and receive zero return, then the cost of the action is:

zero+/zero = +infinity

Anything that provides any return at a finite cost would be undercutting.

(It's been tested that the value of decoys is not returned in loot)

I would like to have a pet as mining digger, or as healer. Could be made with a pet tool like pet mining extractor and pet fap. Both tools are craftable.

Now, I like that idea!

Same for riding, needs to have saddle and dishes. Also craftable.

Thanks! You know this is a multiple choice Poll right? You can pick as many of them as you like, there's no limit!

Cheers o/

Legends

Ohhhhh...

You have to admit, there are so many great ideas in this thread, the possibilities to do so much more with pets are mind boggling. ( and exciting ones )

:beerchug:

(It's been tested that the value of decoys is not returned in loot)

Absolutely. You raise a good point. Decoy cost and tool decay should be calculated into the returns. But if a decoy distracts multiple mobs, the allocation of loot may be hard to determine which mob has the loot or if it would be based on number of times a mob attacks a decoy for its % of the return from the decoy? :scratch2:
But if you quickly kill and loot the first mob while others are left to hit the decoy till it disappears, what % of the decoy return would the first mob pay out?

edit:
I suppose there would have to be a calculated number of hits a mob can do to a decoy for maximum payout return? So that each mob would stack a return % per hit until the decoy cost is covered in the loot with any remaining balance paid out on the last mob killed that attacked the decoy?

Last edited:
Many nice ideas. I'd throw in these, so they don't get buried:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-happy-NOW!&p=3575452&viewfull=1#post3575452 (#76-81)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...them-as-well&p=3614232&viewfull=1#post3614232 (#17-21)

Pretty please, could we also have a tiny increase of the allowed length for pet names, 16 characters with spaces allowed would be cool.

Sure, some of these are more involved than others to get them programmed, and there are other priorities. One thing I'd consider important though is making up for the betrayal of stable investors by making paid buffs actually worth getting again.

The mobs with 5m autoloot are pretty useless. At least 50% of the mobs die too far away (when they are right in front of you) and you have to move forward for the autoloot to work. Could start with this.

Then you could further the buffs at higher levels.

It should drop dung I guess.. not common but specie dependant.. And I dont mind if it makes a.. eh.. "sound" when it does :p

I like your initiative. I hope that MA does improve the taming system, and that pets become significantly more useful.

Hi, just too many to choose from as one option is not enough and my answer is to try and implement some how all of them for EU's new future Pet system 2.5/3.0.

Hi, just too many to choose from as one option is not enough and my answer is to try and implement some how all of them for EU's new future Pet system 2.5/3.0.

Hi Vi, this is a multiple choice poll, you can pick many of them, you can even pick all of them if you want :)

The pet feature I most want is the option to must other players pet sounds.

Cheers o/

Legends

Poll appears to be set as unchangeable after voting?
Also would be interesting to see the poll with the same questions and what is the least wanted pet feature.

The pet feature I most want is the option to must other players pet sounds.

If you mean mute , then yes , the ability to turn down/off pet noises would be a nice starting place , especially for those effing gorillas. :yup:

How about a whole batch of new buffs that imitate the buffs originally found in compets.

For a listing of the library in compets see reference video below, starting around 24:05 for most of the library...

Each and every one of those library actions could be implemented in Entropia Universe in some new way as a new permanent buff potentially. Could use some creativity... but hey, since Kim's not doing compets any more, he's got nothing better to do at the moment, right?

A lot of the compets game focused on timing of using right actions... and it used 'mana' which in some ways works similar to mindforce, at least in concept... could be some interesting ideas indeed... especially if it integrates with the mindforce profession...

The whole daily thing and 'magic shop' to create 'trinkets' that buff you up could be another interesting idea that was in compets that could be used to integrate in to Entropia... Trinkets were basically jewelry for the pets similar to the rings, etc. avatars in EU... why not allow that Oratan axe to wear your avatar's rings and grant double buff since he could wear the rings, basically give you an extra 'left and right' hand to use those rings on in addition to the regular ones your avatar already has?

While we are at it, lets find a use for some useless items in Entropia Universe... for instance those time travel crystals are no longer needed on Next Island... maybe they could be used in addition to other useless stuff that you can craft or find, etc. to create the upgrades in the in game 'magic shop' to make your 'trinkets' and 'jewelry' better than they currently are... an upgrade path for each accessory through an in game interface... probably found in the stable, of course... maybe integrated in some way to a newly introduced batch of factories... (some of which may sell fishing accessories for the new fishing system?)

Last edited:
Poll appears to be set as unchangeable after voting?
Also would be interesting to see the poll with the same questions and what is the least wanted pet feature.

When I created the Poll, I couldn't find the option to allow people to change their vote.

If Mods can enable that, I think it would be good, seems like only half of voters realize that this is a multiple choice poll.

As I like most of this bufs, I just want to tell you what I wouldn´t like:

Increase weapons range
- we have many weapons with different ranges, you want more range get another gun!

Increase structural integrity of vehicles
- that should be done by crafted attachments to the vehicels, not by PETs

And now some more ideas:

Increase aggrorange of mobs: could be handy for melee hunters
Increase run speed of mobs: could also be handy for melee hunters
Bind agro to the teammember who spawned the PET: enables tank tactics - that only at an extra cost
Increase attack speed of a mob: could be handy for Dodge/Evade skillers and to tir up armors
Decrease attack speed of a mob: speak for itself - that only at an extra cost
Decrease reload speed of other players in PvP: love it or hate it :D

As I like most of this bufs, I just want to tell you what I wouldn´t like:

Increase weapons range
- we have many weapons with different ranges, you want more range get another gun!

Increase structural integrity of vehicles
- that should be done by crafted attachments to the vehicels, not by PETs

And now some more ideas:

Increase aggrorange of mobs: could be handy for melee hunters
Increase run speed of mobs: could also be handy for melee hunters
Bind agro to the teammember who spawned the PET: enables tank tactics - that only at an extra cost
Increase attack speed of a mob: could be handy for Dodge/Evade skillers and to tir up armors
Decrease attack speed of a mob: speak for itself - that only at an extra cost
Decrease reload speed of other players in PvP: love it or hate it :D

I'm a big fan of new features that make new strategies possible, some of the features I put in the Poll reflect that I think. The team buffs are geared towards that, if these effects stack up, then imagine a team of 10 where each member has a team buff pet spawned.

Hunting in teams is not very popular in Entropia so pets with team buffs could really help that area as well.

Increase attack speed is an interesting one, it's kind of counter-intuitive like reduce efficiency, but some players would find a use for them, they can be used in a strategic way to benefit the hunter.

Reduce speed of aggroing mob is a very basic strategic element in most games but somehow still isn't available in Entropia. Being able to slow down your enemy becomes even more important if your enemy is trying to get away from you, which is not something we have in Entropia, other than in PvP. So I think this particular effect is way overdue, and maybe MA could introduce a new mob that runs away from you, (other than the puny gibnib).

all of those options are missing the fundamental flaw of the pet system. pet stage 2 can only mean giving pets a fundamental purpose. cause right now they only have secondary buff-lets that rarely matter at all!

right now pet level does absolutely nothing (!) but serve as a paywall for unlocking buffs. ideally your pet would % buff loot, but a % increase to damage based on level is the least ALL pets should do! (or rather hit enemies on their own as a quasi teammate)

all of those options are missing the fundamental flaw of the pet system. pet stage 2 can only mean giving pets a fundamental purpose. cause right now they only have secondary buff-lets that rarely matter at all!

right now pet level does absolutely nothing (!) but serve as a paywall for unlocking buffs. ideally your pet would % buff loot, but a % increase to damage based on level is the least ALL pets should do! (or rather hit enemies on their own as a quasi teammate)

Yes that's very true, both of these are very valid points, which is why I stated the following in the first post:

Now whether MA would add some of these features to the existing pets or introduce new ones I guess would be up to them, but I think it's kind of sad that all these Acceleration and Autoloot pets currently in game have lost all of their appeal since they can so easily be beat by a ring or pill that is cheaper and better to use...

Current pets could be improved upon, unlock more buffs at higher levels. I like how the Eudoracell unlocks 14% Acceleration at level 21 and then 18% at level 32. Why aren't other pets like that? There really should be more to look forward to, or like you said, an increase in the buffs effect after each level gained.

I would really like to see current pets unlock something else at higher levels, like level 40 or even 60...

Show harvestable trees This wood be huge. They then could harvested the wood, having to consume nutrio bars?

introduce BEAVER Pets!

Back