Camera & Control System Preview and Guides

of all the things why a camera system...

I believe this answers your question.
There are many aspects of Entropia Universe that we would like to improve. The issue, as for any company or project, is to decide how best to prioritize those improvements.

We feel that it makes sense to focus on improvements that benefit the largest number of participants, which can also be implemented within a reasonable timeframe. One good example of that is the Camera & Control system, which is in the late stages of development and will be released soon.[/B]

Clearly they believe the new camera & control system will be a massive benefit to the most of the players. We shall see.

of all the things why a camera system...

I take it as their response to a whole host of issues which have caused complaints for a long time now. They seem to have opted for a big solution instead of endless patchwork. I also wasn't overly excited upon the first talk about a camera system, but if you've noticed, the wording changed to camera and interaction system. Throughout the dialogue it was acknowledged that it also addresses the hitbox and targeting problems as well as other things, just became a bit long and tedious by now to read up and piece all the details together.

Sorry to ring in late but I did not see anything about getting stuck on a mob after the kill.

Last edited:
2 gold FEN and 1 platinum tokens from EVERY mob?! Are you kidding me?! Is it a 200 lvl looter or what?
Taking into account that ancient modmerc has a DPP 3.04, which is average and is used with dmg enhancers, not the economy ones (second video 0:50 dmg enhancer broke).
I've hunted lvl 50-99 mobs and had nothing close to that droprate, like no tokens at all per run.

Last edited:
Hi!

I can inform you that if everything goes as planned we will release this big update in the beginning of next week. I ask for your patience as we know that you, the players, will find bugs that we didn’t. The team will be ready to fix and patch the issues that are found as quick as possible. More info about this will be in the release notes.

Hi!

I can inform you that if everything goes as planned we will release this big update in the beginning of next week. I ask for your patience as we know that you, the players, will find bugs that we didn’t. The team will be ready to fix and patch the issues that are found as quick as possible. More info about this will be in the release notes.

Cool news! Looking forward to it!
You guys might want to watch the streamers testing live after the update, and maybe even interact with us :)

Hi!

Awesome, thanks!

Hi!

...we know that you, the players, will find bugs that we didn’t. The team will be ready to fix and patch the issues that are found as quick as possible.

Ohh..noooo! I dont want to test bugs with my money.. A period of big vacation, will be needed...

Ohh..noooo! I dont want to test bugs with my money.. A period of big vacation, will be needed...

I fail to see how a new camera system will impact your return.

Nevertheless I do think a PTS would be very welcome in this game. I think it could work even in an RCE. Each version drop they mirror your account to the PTS so you have the same skills/gear; but don't allow deposits or withdrawals.

Hi!

See, this is a good way of communicating. Even if you guys can't launch it next week, you can still just say we've found some unexpected bugs and are hunting them down to give us a better first time experience. And I would actually appreciate you guys working on this for another week or two if that means less bugtropia. :)

See, this is a good way of communicating. Even if you guys can't launch it next week, you can still just say we've found some unexpected bugs and are hunting them down to give us a better first time experience. And I would actually appreciate you guys working for another week or two if that means less bugtropia. :)

Now show them your appreciation, we would like to see what you are capable of when you hear good communication from Mindark.

Now show them your appreciation, we would like to see what you are capable of when you hear good communication from Mindark.

Nah it would take far more than this to restore my faith in huMAnity :laugh:

Then cut some of your questions and leave it for others who are very interested playing this game.

I fail to see how a new camera system will impact your return.

Not Camera no, but unknown errors could be. I prefer to be cautious. Vacation for me will be good. ;)

Last edited:
Then cut some of your questions and leave it for others who are very interested playing this game.

First of all Messi. This a public forum, and it has some freedom of speech.

You are making unfounded assumptions.
I'm quite interested in playing this game and I do. :)

I like to voice what's on my mind, come up with ideas, and hope that it may reach MA's years some day and that they'll change for the better.
If I think they are improving I will stop/hibernate with "some of my questions".

And as you can see, when I do believe they got it right I do compliment them on a good job.

I'd advise you to ignore me if you're this annoyed with me though. :silly2:

Hi!

Woohoo! Nice! :)
I'm super excited to try it.

And then... Back to important things to implement! ;)

Hi guys n gals and Great work Denis :)

I for 1 think its great that changes and overhauls are being made to try and improve the game and make it better, and more enjoyable for all and ofc even better that more communication it taking place between players and creators :D

reading all 20 pages in 1 sitting did take me a while lol but i do think status bars are important to be able to keep track of players and mobs, particularly if u are a healer and have many lives in ur care such as a large sweat circle lol

also in really populated areas i think it would be needed to see whats going on so we dont accidentally shoot someone else's mob, also with regards to that, if it was never meant to be competitive, and kill stealing is not only frowned upon but also against the rules, why was it ever possible in the 1st place? would it not be easier to either make all mobs shared loot? or make it so u cant shoot a mob someone else is actively hunting unless u are in the same team? this ofc would reset once the mobs hp has fully recovered

with regards to really populated areas and the seemingly unavoidable lag and other problems that comes with it during peak times or really large events where many players would show up in the same place etc I think i may have a solution worth considering

how about the introduction of a server/world type system?, such as what some games like runescape use where they have over 100 worlds lol

what i mean by this is for example: say icarus on calypso is very populated at the time, and things like lag or finding a mob that u can kill that some one else isnt already killing is a issue, then the player could simply go back to their nearest tp and chose a different server/world that is less populated,

this i think would help game performance overall and allow for far more players to play the game at any given time and take a massive load off of large events even so these large events could even be spanned over all servers/worlds also in the contacts u could see what world/server ur friends are on so they can join their friends in big seasonal events such as migration and hunt longtooth on server/world 56 or whatever lol

and now space, i do like the change where there are no longer any planet entry fees meaning more can afford to explore the whole universe, however this also raises that dreaded word, piracy lol and how are new and old players meant to get around and explore?

as im sure many a noob or player that have tried to leave a planet tend to find themselves getting blown to bits, sometimes even repeatedly depending on their response lol some, lets face it either love pvp or hate it and some even feel it is forced upon them when they would rather just explore other worlds

now this one was tough to try n figure out lol but i think i have some solutions as i didnt wish to affect player run services such as those that offer warp or safe passage between planets whether it be free or not lol but also at the same time consider things from the pirates point of view as some im sure spend their own cash on the game just like most players to hunt not just mobs but also players hoping they will hit big loot like they would from a mob lol and most players if they had listened to the advice given to them the pirate would get nothing and the player would just have to repair their damaged ship. soooo...the solutions ...

i think that when a player moves their mouse over a ship, a indicator of some sort should show indicating if the ship is armed and if any participants on board are carrying loot .. and if no participants are carrying loot they may fly safe, unable to take damage from other players thus allowing players to safely travel and explore without hindrance or forced pvp

however if they do wish to take loot with them then they can be attacked and looted so they may risk it if they choose .. but i also think it would encourage players to use larger ships and player run services to try and get them safely to their destination ...butttt dont worry pirates ive considered it from ur side also ;] sooo i also think that if players are traveling this way any loot they are carrying classes as that ships loot so even if they log out should the ship be destroyed in hostile space all players who were on board that ship carrying lootables will lose their loot

sorry about the long read and being a weee bit of topic lol but just like the game creators and players i wish to see entropia grow and be fun, fair and enjoyable for all players ;)

also plz lets not get into a heated debate over pvp or what i said, as what i said was merely an attempted solution to try n be fair to all involved

anyway i look forward to the upcoming changes and hopefully the game creators will consider our input as well as perhaps introduce a voting system on any changes so entropia universe will continue to move forward in a direction thats enjoyable for all involved

have fun guys cya round

JJ :D

No more mountain mining, as you will need to spawn every damn claim, simply because you cant reach it anymore.

The same thing was tried in vu10. It was hell, you couldn't walk up a slope that was waist high, it took ages to navigate around even hills because we could not go over them as we didn't have vehicles.

Can we at least go up the slope at a different angle i.e. rather than straight at it but at a 45 or 60 degree angle or will any attempt to go up them disabled.

The same thing was tried in vu10. It was hell, you couldn't walk up a slope that was waist high, it took ages to navigate around even hills because we could not go over them as we didn't have vehicles.

Can we at least go up the slope at a different angle i.e. rather than straight at it but at a 45 or 60 degree angle or will any attempt to go up them disabled.

You must equip [Default climbing shoes (F,C)] and [Mountaineering harness (L)] first ;)

See, this is a good way of communicating. Even if you guys can't launch it next week, you can still just say we've found some unexpected bugs and are hunting them down to give us a better first time experience. And I would actually appreciate you guys working on this for another week or two if that means less bugtropia. :)

Unless something has changed, and maybe it has, but MA does not seem to use beta tester. I think they think that would be our job. Not a jab at you at all just an observation from my past experiences.

I semi agree but it could be a good start but, the proof is in the pudding. We'll see.

Unless something has changed, and maybe it has, but MA does not seem to use beta tester. I think they think that would be our job.

I semi agree but it could be a good start but, the proof is in the pudding. We'll see.
MA are well known for missing a lot of obvious bugs in every big VU. It seems like they barely do any testing at all.
They are accustomed to use their customers to report said bugs so that they can fix it (based on their priorities). As evident by this post.
I ask for your patience as we know that you, the players, will find bugs that we didn’t. The team will be ready to fix and patch the issues that are found as quick as possible

<pessimist> They are already expecting issues so, they haven't properly tested maybe? :rolleyes:

<optimist> :yay: Though I have to say I think they are changing somewhat nowadays, they are actually focusing on bug fixing (recent VUs) so maybe this VU will be bugfree.
:tongue2: Sure hope they sprayed a lot of bugspray before hand though, those pesky buggers are sneaky after all.

MA are well known for missing a lot of obvious bugs in every big VU. It seems like they barely do any testing at all.
They are accustomed to use their customers to report said bugs so that they can fix it (based on their priorities). As evident by this post.

<pessimist> They are already expecting issues so, they haven't properly tested maybe? :rolleyes:

<optimist> :yay: Though I have to say I think they are changing somewhat nowadays, they are actually focusing on bug fixing (recent VUs) so maybe this VU will be bugfree.
:tongue2: Sure hope they sprayed a lot of bugspray before hand though, those pesky buggers are sneaky after all.

Over the years it seems it might work in test sever, but not in game. I am no game programmer, but there always seem to be shits loads of this forum who are.

Subscribing for easy reference :popcorn:

As long we can revert to old style and back to the new or change a certain function between "old style" and "new style" I really do not care.

You can do whatever improvements you deem are good, but do not lock us "old timers" that have been playing this since gold, to choose the best way of playing.

Personally, the only "beef" I have with the UI is the next target and mobs getting into the ground impossible to loot sometimes.

Fix that.

Also, I like the ability to use space to control mouse or camera not to jump.

If we still can map all keys and functions as we want like now, I do not see a problem.

Some people might like x function from the new camera, others might prefer to change the same function to the old style.

At least give us the chance to do that and choose.

P.S.
The dmg font is nice.

Last edited:
Over the years it seems it might work in test sever, but not in game. I am no game programmer, but there always seem to be shits loads of this forum who are.

Thats because theyre still a decade away from updating the test server to cry2 ;)

Photo camera mode looks excellent, should be lots of epic screenshots flooding the Gallery :)

Has long we can revert to old style and back to the new or change a certain function between "old style" and "new style" I really do not care.

who said that? pretty sure the change is mandatory, as in forced upon everybody:rolleyes:

Back