Camera & Control System Preview and Guides

who said that? pretty sure the change is mandatory, as in forced upon everybody:rolleyes:

Well, maybe.
I remember when you could only use the F keys for shortcuts and the camera already had some functionality like it is today. Then the UI changed and brought up more shortcuts, things were better, buggy, but better, then the last one was what we have today. A more clean UI.

The UI for me is good for what it needs to do, I do not think they will force anything like that.

Well...maybe just bit
:silly2:

Over the years it seems it might work in test sever, but not in game. I am no game programmer, but there always seem to be shits loads of this forum who are.

You are making a big assumption, that being, that MA has a test server:lolup:

Good ol mindark. Latest vu seems to remind me of this vu...

ick3.jpg

I will say now that this is live, re-watching these vids makes more sense.

Like the fact that opening the storage, it's in the middle and looks great, but only because he's full wide screen with his personal inventory to the side. But on window mode, or small screen? You get this.

There are other little things in these vids that seem to look great, but only under the conditions they occurred in.

left an right click switched???

why was this right click to interact switched , I am handicap with limited use of my hands now i can not interact without trying to move my finger to left side of my mouse, PLEASE make it so we can switch it to the way it used to be before todays update.

Thanks for bump this up and have the chance to read.....some before I lost my patience and stop with some BS I read.
First I want to ask what was the problem caused? by an excellent feature such as "HEALTHBAR"!!!!!
Second, can you tell me how someone can retract PED's from the shop account now? Because I used to do it with 2 clicks.:mad:
also
I "need" to make the comment below (sorry can't helped!)

All these "issues" adressed and OP wrote about, are enough work for the next decade, so will see him again posting 2029, because that's the way MA employees used to. Meantime we will continue to complain about broken systems and features that promised but never delivered.

*yes it's mean comment and I'm pissed off! you think it right
PS. Also this possible my last post to PCF so excuse my anger for last time

Last edited:
Thanks for bump this up and have the chance to read.....some before I lost my patience and stop with some BS I read.
First I want to ask what was the problem caused? by an excellent feature such as "HEALTHBAR"!!!!!
Second, can someone tell me how someone can retract PED's from the shop account now? Because I used to do it with 2 clicks.:mad:
also
I "need" to make the comment below (sorry can't helped!)

All these "issues" adressed and OP wrote about, are enough work for the next decade, so will see him again posting 2029, because that's the way MA employees used to. Meantime we will continue to complain about broken systems and features that promised but never delivered.

*yes it's mean comment and I'm pissed off! you think it right
PS. Also this possible my last post to PCF so excuse my anger for last time

Easy girl..Breathe!

I heard if you right click your PED card (which is in your inventory- press I ) you may be able to retract your PED from shop

You need to do whatever makes you happiest, whether it is EU or another game but ffs ..Breathe. :eyecrazy:

Easy girl..Breathe!

I heard if you right click your PED card (which is in your inventory- press I ) you may be able to retract your PED from shop

You need to do whatever makes you happiest, whether it is EU or another game but ffs ..Breathe. :eyecrazy:

Rose is right, you access the ped flow center by rightclicking ur ped card, i noticed it today while i was restocking my shop at medusa bazaar 2:2 with more mayhem 10mg pills

I friggin hate changes, i havent played since VU... i couldent even access the mouse cursor without pressing esc :confused:

which one of you have these brilliant ideas to change the game like that??

the game sucks..

This forum's been so much more fun than actually hunting that I haven't gotten as far as logging in for several days now... I just want to say to some of the people in this thread, if you see this, a lot of what's been said might be more effective in the Suggestions or AMA (Ask MA Anything) forum sections, or as a poll standing in a thread all its own.

[this addendum in before poll about polar bears]

Hi :D

I dunno about anyone else but i miss my status bars and being able to do this:.........

21IV2WR.png

without having to hold in the middle mouse button, even if we could just toggle this camera snap thing on or off would be nice

some would say well u can just press v but this hides your status bar and u cant move, this only moves the camera around the avatar where as i want to be able to look around my avatar change the point of view and being able to move at the same time

the only way ive found around this is to assign it to a key and jam that key in for now lol

so if possible can we have perhaps a more slim version of status bars so we can at least see the health of players, mobs, ships etc even if u cant interact with and follow etc? and ofc make the changes to the camera system so we can look around us while interacting and mouseover mobs and players like we used to be able to?

have fun as usual

JJ:D

I dunno about anyone else but i miss my status bars and being able to do this:.........

without having to hold in the middle mouse button, even if we could just toggle this camera snap thing on or off would be nice

some would say well u can just press v but this hides your status bar and u cant move, this only moves the camera around the avatar where as i want to be able to look around my avatar change the point of view and being able to move at the same time

the only way ive found around this is to assign it to a key and jam that key in for now lol

so if possible can we have perhaps a more slim version of status bars so we can at least see the health of players, mobs, ships etc even if u cant interact with and follow etc? and ofc make the changes to the camera system so we can look around us while interacting and mouseover mobs and players like we used to be able to?

have fun as usual

How do some people still not know this? Just hold left mouse and move the camera and it will stay there. Do none of you test anything?

How do some people still not know this? Just hold left mouse and move the camera and it will stay there. Do none of you test anything?

wellll...ty for clearing that up ...altho u could have responded in a more helpful and less rude way lol

a more civil response would have been something like this..

"Hi JJ there is no need to hold the middle mouse button or jam in any keys think of ur poor keyboard lol, however
u can simply toggle from aim mode, which i assume u are currently in, to cursor mode using the left alt key, then simply hold ur left mouse button to get the desired view and let go, the point of view /camera angle should stay as it is ;)"

anyways i get that some of us can overlook things like that, especially some of the older players used to how the game used to be, and i am no exception it seems, still miss my status bars tho lol

ps u can also use the rotate left and right keys, however if u have literally just come out of aim mode u will need to 1st hold the left mouse button to rotate 1st
JJ:;)

Last edited:
wellll...ty for clearing that up ...altho u could have responded in a more helpful and less rude way lol

a more civil response would have been something like this..
JJ:;)

Sorry for sounding rude. I am just getting sick of reading all the whining about the new camera system.

Sorry for sounding rude. I am just getting sick of reading all the whining about the new camera system.
I'm sick of the new camera system so I guess that makes us even?

21IV2WR.png

have fun as usual

Greetings JJJJJJJ

Hello this is a post for MA. I couldn't work out if there was a better thread, this seemed the most active about the camera system still (and was started by MA so seems best comm channel).

So I took a break waiting for MA to fix some of the nerfs from the original camera/control update (after I put back what controls I could at the time). I've now been back to see what the patches have revealed so here is my feedback April 2018:

---

Why Entropia is (still) unplayable - [control system update April 2019]

First off, credit where credit is due, good job on listening and fixing some of it so far but this still needs work.

So,... the fixed:

So the zoom is fixed and in some ways is better than before as it has some interesting features regarding angle and such - not my cup of tea but some may like it. Good job. For those who want it back how it was, this is achievable with the settings - fiddle around a bit, you will get there.

Avatar camera blocking. Good job on allowing us to see through other avatars again (iirc this was broken? I may not). I've not checked if they've fixed it to allow us to see through fences and windows - I suspect not but I'd be happy to stand corrected.

The offset avatar is fixed (again, go to settings) so good work there. RIP over the shoulder mode though I will miss you [I don't want to have to edit the settings every time I fancy using that mode for a bit - how about bringing back those buttons again? @MA you said it was easier to add controls/modes now right?]

The not fixed:

We still need to hold down the middle mouse to look at our avatar from a new camera angle (which is fine) but it still pings back the moment we let go. This is a nightmare to use and an absolutely appalling UI design decision.

@MA, I'm after a toggle in settings that says something like "hold camera position after adjustment:" X. At the same time please add an action to the book that resets the camera to the default position (behind your avatar). Make it so that you can use, for example, the middle mouse button in 2 ways:

1. hold to move camera (camera - with "ping back" only occurring inline with option setting)
2. single click, move camera to default position behind avatar, if already there, move camera to default position in front of avatar (although the front thing is only a "nice to have" I didn't use it very often before - but why get rid of things ay?).

Next up, the white dot... seriously? still there? >_<*** please bring back the cross hair action from the action book. We don't need all the cross hair options from before (as I see there is a new GUI) but we do need the option to turn it on and off (and not just in settings). Again, this was there before, so why throw away?

Missing Icon's display toggle from action book? Where is it? I like having the icons SOME of the time (I have all the emotes bound to them) but most of the time I don't want them cluttering up the screen. So we need back that action in the action book so we can toggle them on and off. I note we can hide ALL of the GUI still but, I don't want to hide that when I am hunting for example.

Next, The crazy contextual movement in third person! FIX IT. This is terrible UI design! We have a system that strafes when we run forward and press A or D (conventionally) BUT when we are not running or when we walk backwards it rotates our avatar! O_O** please, it's nice to have the option but for god sake give us a toggle. so we can have strafe on all the time in 3rd person. This can be either in options or perhaps better something in the action book, a bit like the run/walk toggle.

Running and turning in 1st person mode with a weapon.... horrible! The weapon just lags behind movement like some sort of annoying after thought. This flickering effect is vomit inducing.

Zooming into avatar from the front then into 1st person mode turns the avatar around to the direction of the camera huh? Why? I can maybe see why some people might like this but it is confusing and jarring and breaks immersion. Please add a toggle to settings to allow us to prevent this from happening. e.g.

"Camera doesn't turn avatar around: X"

The Bugged:

Changing from windowed 4:3 mode to full screen 16:9 mode does something VERY peculiar... until you move, then it pings back to being correct. Basically it messes up the rendered aspect ratio. So going from 4:3 to 16:9 makes everyone fat. Going back the other way makes everyone thin. For reference I'm on nvidia 680gtx card.

When you are in free look mode and look at your avatar from the front, it spazzes back and forth between looking full left and full right instantly.

The nice and new that is actually good:

I quite like the control of the avatars head thing, so we can adjust the direction the avatar looks in without having the avatar turn around.

That might not be everything but I've got to finish this post now. I may add more later

Wistrel

The only thing bugging me with it at the moment is MS guns are still super zoomed in. Please fix that.

Well, that and I keep left clicking on things accidentally when I am spinning my camera, but that's user error I guess :laugh:

i kinda wish MA would break down the problems and list them individually in the forum here. and ask for our feedback on the individual ones for ideas and possoible solutions. as it is i don't even know how many problems there are that are just on the camera and control system(ie user interface). it would help us to know what the issues are and MA doesnt even need to worry about the looting code which is the only thing they need to keep secret really.

They, MA, had a system that worked and was suitable to the game, f.x. Placement of Camera in the spot you want it and it will be there.
Now you can go into cursor mode and using left mouse button to adapt the placement of the camera BUT when you then move your Avatar with cursor keys around you will notice that the camera always looks in the geographical same direction, f.x. if it looks to the east to start and your avatar runs around and makes a full circle, the view does not change and you always look in the east direction.
So camera is now world centred instead of avatar centred which I think is not the best solution and which is not as it was before VU16 and I do not think I know a game where the view is not avatar centred but World centred.

When you change the view in cursor mode and then change to aim mode and start to walk, the avatar turns around and walks in the direction your view is set. This is also not as it was before VU16 and very bad as why I should only be able to run in the direction of my view?

Then before VU16 there was the possibility to change the view by 180 degree, meaning I could shoot at the mob in front of me and with a single click I could see what is behind me, now I have to press and hold the middle mouse button and have to move it until I see what is behind me. So instead of click button see what is behind me and then click again to see what is in front of me was replaced by the snap back view functionality.

They, MA, replaced a working feature, select next mob and select previous mob with this F key no I have had uncountable times the behaviour that using the F key the target switched between 2 or 3 mobs out of maybe 10 who where visible on the Radar, crap to replace a working feature with one who does not work as intended and not correct it for weeks.

The same with looting the mob you killed, F key will maybe 8 out of 10 times do it as intended and loot the mob, in the other cases it will start to shoot at another mob instead of loot the dead mob.

Another feature they, MA, introduced is that sometimes you are not able to use the mouse, change to cursor or aim mode until you press both mouse buttons at the same time to get out of this not usable mouse.

Or before VU16 when you where swarmed with mobs you could while killing the first mob, drag out the health bars of the other mobs to then decide which one to kill first depending on danger/maturity - also not possible at the moment.

Why did MA cripple the camera system and the interaction with targets or avatars?

Was it to please someone who wants to play this game with VR gear?
Was it to please some PvP addicted because they could not implement to not be able to use health bars in PvP areas?
What is the reason to change to a camera system to one which has way less functionalities than the previous one and most of them are broken(select target, loot mob f.x.) and is not intuitive to use?

not being able to save the position of the inventory is driving me nuts.

not being able to save the position of the inventory is driving me nuts.

Or the Health Bar of your Vehicle it is also something that MA thinks they know where it has to be and that you have no chance to place it where you want it to be.

Every time you use a vehicle it will be placed where MA think it has to be and not where you think it is suitable to be placed.

Or this new confirmation dialogue when you convert shrapnel, every other dialogue has a don't ask me again except this one, why is this so hard to implement in this dialogue compared to the others where MA managed to do it?

Or the many places N of Issly where it is impossible to mine or place your Vehicle because the system thinks it is inside a building.

OK not a error introduced with the new Camera System but still a fault it seams they only manage to introduce but they seam to have lost the knowledge to remove it.

This camera system is disgusting imo , not user friendly at all compared to most MMOs , would love MA to list all the other MMOs that use this s**ty system

since the recent vu, when i hold right mouse button the camera does not rotate
anyone can help me fixing this'

Back