FYI: Healthbars are going to be removed in the new camera system - Do you accept this change?

Do you accept this change? Healthbars are gonna be removed forever!

• No

Votes: 75 73.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
I'm sure most people on forum have seen the teasers of the new camera system, if someone has missed it you can find it over here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Camera-amp-Control-System-Preview-and-Guides

While a lot of the new implementations seem nice on paper, certain changes are not particularly welcome. Therefore I made this thread.
Camera and Control Introduction
Other changes
  • Removed the ability to drag out status bars. This feature caused many unintended issues and problems, and is no longer needed.

***These notes are not yet finalized. Full details will be published in the Version Update release notes.***
As you can see, according to the product manager at MA he deems it no longer needed. I am inclined to disagree with that, and I've noticed quite a few others are too. The good thing is that they state the notes aren't finalized which means depending on our feedback they may reconsider this particular change.

So the purpose of this thread is to give MA an idea of how many of us use the "unnecessary health-bars" and in what ways we use it. Unfortunately no way to get a really accurate picture since not all browse forum.
MA doesn't know the game as good as we do, so they may not realize how necessary the health-bars actually are!

I want you guys to think about in what scenarios you use health bars in and how you use them. Think hard, because it may be more than you may realize, some things we take for granted.

Personally I use the health-bars manly for hunting.
If I'm hunting in third person mode I drag the health bar of 2-3 mobs at once, and then select the healthbar then toogle auto-use tool. The best part of this way of hunting is you can quickly decide what mob you wanna target and have fast access info to their maturity all on your screen at once. Another way it's useful is because when you are hunting, luring many mobs at once, some mobs may go unreachable, so you can then pick the ones who aren't unreachable.

Also adding a poll so those who don't wanna write how they use it can just vote if they accept this change or not.

What it says is the ability to create them by dragging will be removed.

It doesn't say anything about status bars themselves or 'Show status bar' action in the Action Library.

I'd wait for a clarification.

What it says is the ability to create them by dragging will be removed.

It doesn't say anything about status bars themselves or 'Show status bar' action in the Action Library.

I'd wait for a clarification.
I interpret it differently. Also based on this.
The implementation of the new Camera & Control system is fast approaching. To assist participants in getting the most enjoyment and usability from the new features, our team has prepared a trio of video guides.

Our team is eager to receive feedback from the community while we put the finishing touches on the new system.
]
Makes me think that this new camera system may come very soon... By that time it could be too late. Then come a massive shitstorm.

I interpret it differently. Also based on this.

Makes me think that this new camera system may come very soon... By that time it could be too late. Then come a massive shitstorm.

I'm sure they will still be accepting feedback and looking into potentially tweaking pain points following its release as well.

Lets SEE first.

I want them gone. Especially since its causing so much trouble! Anything for better game experience!

For lag reasons alone they ARE NEEDED...

For me and maybe for some others, as healers, client healthbar (hunter) is verry important.
I dont want to stay in first person mode all the time, only when I aim him on new mob, after that I go in third person mode.

Personally, I think first person mode is affecting players eyesight because it force you to stare only at what you see in front of you (you are more concentrated), while in third person mode you see a bigger picture and eye is more relaxed.

If MindArk want to remove this feature they had it for so long time, I think they should tell us good reason why they want to remove it. I am against removing it.

Dragging and clicking health bars is my preferred style of playing for all 12 years, but I agree to wait and see what they have to offer. After all, I used only the arrow keys for movement in every game for half of my gaming life until GTA IV and its non-editable keymap forced me to learn WASD and I've grown to love it.

I think they should simply do it as OPTION.

Option Able/Disable ability to drag HP bar.

And they should really do the same for every single thing they will add whith new camera system, or alot of people will be unhappy.

Remove all dragged bars if pvp is active in the area. i would appreciate that.
In town its needed. In none pvp i can imagine fappers would really dislike it going away.

I use to drag status bars of all the mobs im hunting and if there nearby players i use to drag them aswell. This way im always informed about what happen in my sourroundings and i can't count how often those status bar told me someone near me is in trouble and thanks to that information i could take one or two mobs from his unintended pull or go over and throw a heal in. Removing this feature will make entropia a little colder and tbh all this stuff read like an optimisation for playing with a controller.

Many years ago i used the health bars to hunt, but then realized its much easier with auto target and next target. Maybe health bars are still usefull for heal bots, but not much more imo.

Removed the ability to drag out status bars. This feature caused many unintended issues and problems, and is no longer needed.

sooooooooo as a healer I can;t drag hp bars in order of the hunters line? and how the hell will I see the hp now without my mouse on the hunters? Espically when healing a team, I wouldnt know who to heal?

Yepyep, this has been thought through thoroughly :scratch2:

I voted no because the person who created this poll used the term "forever".
I like to be able to drag the health bars, think it is a neat feature. But MA never stated that It could not be part of the game again some time in the future.
But to be honest, lets simply see and try the new changes before we judge it. :wise:

What is with third person and scrollin up to see more space around the Character? I hope the dont take this option out. I can not play in first person mode, because i have motion sickness.

By the way Dragging and clicking health bars is my preferred style of playing. I dont think the new camera system helps me or is something i need. I also dont like go in front of Terminals and open it with F, the old system mit the computer mouse was ok.

The only use I have for health bars is taming. I like to stack 5-6 Atrox on me at a time and switch which one I'm whipping based on which one has the most health. Health bars are useful for that.

The only use I have for health bars is taming. I like to stack 5-6 Atrox on me at a time and switch which one I'm whipping based on which one has the most health. Health bars are useful for that.

yep. that is a useful use for em when taming. The fapping mentioned is another great use. I also like using it to pull out health bars of several mob to keep track of em and if they are leaving my radar's range, etc. Range is an important aspect of this game. Also doesn't hurt when mining to pull the bar out from the claim so you can run to it. Double clicking on any health bar to run towards whatever that health bar is for is the fastest way to move around in game sometimes.

Hope the health bar doesn't go away. If they are doing away with third person this game is going to go downhill fast possibly since this just IS NOT a fps game at all.

Zoomed in to fps mode is kind of confusing to a lot of folks... especially in tight quarters like caves, mazes, instances that are crowded with lots of mobs in small space, etc.

I voted yes because

This feature caused many unintended issues and problems
and
2. I think it reduces the gap between EU and games made in this era from the initial UI design, which is the thing that confuses a lot of new players. It seems progress so +1 from me, even if I will have to adjust to the change.

It really doesn't bother my game play except for those Gibnibs; Chirpys and Prancers.

:handgun::smash:

Last edited:
I use the health bar all the time so its a BIG NO from me. Not atleast when i in a team i need it to se what mob we shooting at both in shared and none shared teams. I also dont se how a healer will be able to work with out it...

Dragging and clicking health bars is my preferred style of playing for all 12 years, but I agree to wait and see what they have to offer. After all, I used only the arrow keys for movement in every game for half of my gaming life until GTA IV and its non-editable keymap forced me to learn WASD and I've grown to love it.

gta iv was an atrocious game on pc (terrible performance, painstaking installation and also because of the controls, esp driving cars was absolutely horrendous!) and I barely played 10% of it. odd example to learn asdw which was in use since the late 90s and arena shooters. (duke nukem 3d in 1996 still had arrow key movement and only really poor and optional mouse aiming)

mouse aiming is the reason for asdw obv, since your hands are too close together otherwise when you're using the mouse right-handed.

(on a side note, I played the tony hawk's games left hand on arrow keys, right on numpad :) and I use the mouse left-handed at work and right-handed at home)

on topic: I never used the health bars but if people want to keep them, ma should do that.

Pretty surprised at the results, actually. I never understood that feature and always found them incredibly annoying. I didn't realize so many people actually used them.

Pretty surprised at the results, actually. I never understood that feature and always found them incredibly annoying. I didn't realize so many people actually used them.

It's mainly extremely old players who became used to using them extensively when using them for optimal play was essential, though I do think they're still fairly important for teaming/healing situations at the very least.

It's mainly extremely old players who became used to using them extensively when using them for optimal play was essential, though I do think they're still fairly important for teaming/healing situations at the very least.

well there you got it. I never team up and I only heal myself:rolleyes:

from the survey in some other thread we know that most people playing this game have been here for a long time though...

I don't use them. Or at least, only when hunting in teams as it is handy to see the health of other team members. Not fussed on them on vehicles or mobs though, actually on vehicles, first thing I do is click x on it when entering the vehicle.

I presume they will keep them for the team interface at least. I'm aware that some people use them with scripted auto hunting tools too. so getting rid of them should help to cut down on that sort of thing

It really doesn't bother my game play except for those Gibnibs; Chirpys and Prancers.

:handgun::smash:

oh good idea for hunting those! But that said, the whole point of those mobs should be (I know it isn't) that they are hard to hit. Adding this workaround is a bit of a cheat really when we are supposed to be aiming at stuff. I never really liked this auto aim milarki - makes life too easy for scripters to make auto hunting tools.

Happy to have the bars go.

oh good idea for hunting those! But that said, the whole point of those mobs should be (I know it isn't) that they are hard to hit. Adding this workaround is a bit of a cheat really when we are supposed to be aiming at stuff. I never really liked this auto aim milarki - makes life too easy for scripters to make auto hunting tools.

Happy to have the bars go.

From my experience, the new camera system pretty much completely eliminates the struggles presented by all of the hard to target/problematic hitbox mobs, it's one of the best parts of it.

another use for health bars... drag out bar of mob before you hit revive after you die. Lets you find the mob(s) you were around and may have started on killing before the revive and/or so you can turret the mob if you cannot take it on (especially handy in docklands on Rocktropia where I am currently using this tactic to turret the level 105 radiated spiders that are sitting next to the level 0 zombies)

In places like this where you have level 100+, level 50+ and level zero all near one another, it is extremely important that we be able to target the correct mob, and not just the mob that happens to be closest to the avatar.

also c as camera key...so uh, what will z and c that are currently rotate left and right be defaulted to on the key mapping?

The health bars I pull out when I have multiple mobs I want to work on. or as mentioned in other replies already for team fapping, taming when you have more than one mob on you, etc as you have to let the bars line up on taming so you don't overkill before the attempt tame is done...

The way I have things set up now I have space as select next target, alt as select previous target, b as autotool and v as loot. When I don't have autoloot turned on this works well. When I do have autoloot turned on simply hitting select next after autool is on will just blast next target with one single key space, not this hit c a couple of times hit r stuff... will it be possible in new camera system to do this sort of faster quick keying?

Last edited:
Back