MindArk AMA - Friday, February 8

Henrik|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
MindArk Official
Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that the promised AMA session will take place later this week, on Friday, February 8th.

I have invited several other members of the MindArk team to participate, so hopefully we can have a fun and exciting Friday together!

We are really looking forward to addressing your questions, and we will do our best to provide informative and interesting responses.

The PCF Admin will make a post shortly explaining the format and guidelines for the AMA

See you on Friday!

AMA Format & Guidelines

The MindArk AMA will be conducted here on Planet Calypso Forum. A special AMA sub-forum has been added to the Dev’s Corner forum section, with each question to be submitted in the form of an individual forum thread. This will help to keep the discussion of a wide variety of topics separate and more easy to follow for everyone involved.

Members can submit up to two question threads in the AMA sub-forum before the submission deadline listed below.

During the submission period, thread replies are disabled. Once the live answer session begins on Friday, thread replies will be enabled so that discussions can be held by the community in response to the answers provided, and so that the MindArk team can potentially address follow up questions.

• Submission Deadline: Thursday, Feb. 7, 17:00 UTC
  • Live Answer Session: Friday, Feb. 8 15:00 UTC - 19:00 UTC

MindArk Participants
  • Henrik Nel - Chief Executive Officer
  • Magnus Eriksson - Chief Operating Officer
  • Dennis Antonsson - Entropia Universe Product Owner
  • Justin Sorrell - Planet Calypso Product Owner
  • Magnus Ryme - Lead Developer
  • Mathias Gustavsson - Marketing Manager

AMA Question Guidelines

DO
  • Post questions that are clear and concise.
  • Post questions that are directly related to Entropia Universe or MindArk.
  • Post questions in a mature and polite manner.
  • Post questions that MindArk representatives can reasonably be expected to be able to answer on a public internet forum.
  • Post on a single topic per submitted question thread. One or two anticipated follow-up questions are permitted, as long as those questions directly relate to the topic of the original question.

DO NOT
  • Post more than two question threads per member.
  • Post requests for in-game support, or questions relating to open support cases, account bans, etc.
  • Post questions directly related to internal Entropia Universe balancing mechanics (e.g. 'Why is my loot so bad?!' or 'When will more of xxxx start dropping?' etc.).
  • Post questions directly related to specific Entropia Universe avatars or societies.
  • Post rhetorical and/or loaded questions whose only purpose is to promote a particular response or viewpoint.
  • Post questions whose content is defamatory or slanderous to MindArk or to any of MindArk's affiliates, employees, or planet partners.
  • Post questions or content in violation of the Entropia Universe EULA or TOU.

Notes
  • Any questions not adhering to these guidelines will be removed from the AMA sub-forum and will not be addressed.
  • Question threads on duplicate or very similar topics may be merged.
  • Due to time constraints, there is no guarantee that the MindArk team will be able to answer every question posted.

Sounds great, looking forward to it!

Can I just ask a format question?

Members can submit up to two question threads
DO NOT
  • Post more than two question threads per member.

• Is it 2 threads ( with potentially multiple questions on the same topic in each thread)
    or
    2 threads, each only containing one question.
    or
    1 thread, with both questions in the same thread.

Thanks!

MindArk Participants
  • Henrik Nel - Chief Executive Officer
  • Magnus Eriksson - Chief Operating Officer
  • Dennis Antonsson - Entropia Universe Product Owner
  • Justin Sorrell - Planet Calypso Product Owner
  • Magnus Ryme - Lead Developer
  • Mathias Gustavsson - Marketing Manager

Which of the Mindark participants listed above are in charge of Space and can address/answer questions regarding space (development/budget/roadmap/etc) ?
Is there maybe a Entropia Space Product Owner still to be appointed ?

Sounds great, looking forward to it!

Can I just ask a format question?

Is it 2 threads ( with potentially multiple questions on the same topic in each thread)
or
2 threads, each only containing one question.
or
1 thread, with both questions in the same thread.

Thanks!

One question per thread.

Two threads per member.

However, as explained, you can help clarify a question with follow-up questions as long those secondary questions are directly related to the original topic.

Fix bugs..re apartments and shops glitches

{DELETED UNNECESSARY QUOTE OF ENTIRE OPENING POST}

it has become a concern for sometime that apartment owners have guests who fall throught the floor..and shopkeepers have stuck in walls and not loading well which makes peeps leave..loss of sales to them pretty bad for deed owners who have spent the peds with EU to create a better world..ty

Last edited by a moderator:
Which of the Mindark participants listed above are in charge of Space and can address/answer questions regarding space (development/budget/roadmap/etc) ?
Is there maybe a Entropia Space Product Owner still to be appointed ?

There is no need to direct your question to a specific MindArk representative.

Just post your question and the team will take it upon themselves to decide who is best suited to answer.

Members can submit up to two question threads in the AMA sub-forum before the submission deadline listed below.

Your current settings only allow one post in that forum.

Will there be a recording of the full live session and possibly highlights?
For those that work and can't tune in on at that time.
Also I can't see where the live session will be hosted at? Unclear to me.

Will there be a recording of the full live session and possibly highlights?
For those that work and can't tune in on at that time.
Also I can't see where the live session will be hosted at? Unclear to me.

looks like nothing live. looks like threads on pcf with support-case-type answers.

Aaaaaaaaa nvm

Quite a strange live session, at least make a twitch stream with cam at MA HQ :cool:

The questions posted in the AMA forum will be answered in real time on Friday.

Those visiting the forum during the live session will have the opportunity to discuss the responses and post follow-up questions which, time permitting, the MindArk team can also address.

That is the "live" aspect.

The questions posted in the AMA forum will be answered in real time on Friday.

Those visiting the forum during the live session will have the opportunity to discuss the responses and post follow-up questions which, time permitting, the MindArk team can also address.

That is the "live" aspect.

Will there be a copy of the video uploaded for those unable to watch it live??

I hope that for many of us that have dedicated much of our lives to various aspects of EU, we can be taken serious and respectfully, and that answers are given truthfully with a time deadline that is met on all accounts.

If there are exceptions, I hope you communicate with us.

If you simply communicate with the community about what they actually want, and let us have a say in our game, tons of money will pour in and the game will hit an all time high.

If you don't this will likely be your last chance...as none of your previous have come true and all of us are sick of it.

This AMA may be one of the most important parts of our digital lives. Please listen and act.

Best of luck in the AMA, I will be sure to attend with 16 years of experience to contribute, as will many other core members of our community.

This could be the faith restoration we all need. It cannot be a one time thing, we need these monthly or quarterly.

Will there be a copy of the video uploaded for those unable to watch it live??

There is no video or live stream.

Live != Video

(I thought my last post made that clear, since I directly quoted someone who was disappointed that there would not be a video :laugh:)

There is no video or live stream.

Live != Video

(I thought my last post made that clear, since I directly quoted someone who was disappointed that there would not be a video :laugh:)

My bad I glanced. Thanks

Good to hear about this initiative! It's been a long wait since the last one!

Lets chat. :argue:

lol....

Yes, I have a question:

How many of these questions will you not actually answer? :D :D

Yes, I have a question:

How many of these questions will you not actually answer? :D :D

to be honest, i'm happy about any answer at all :laugh:

edit: i can only reply here once?!? :scratch2:

Last edited:
auction rework including decimals and removal of listing fees: when?

auction rework including decimals and removal of listing fees: when?

Do not post your questions in this thread.

Please read the instructions in the 2nd post of this thread.

Can people please add in title the question when making new thread. Not player name and question 1. I had to check all the ones that done this to see if question i wanted ask has not been already asked. Same other time and MA time answering the same question more than once.

Can people please add in title the question when making new thread. Not player name and question 1. I had to check all the ones that done this to see if question i wanted ask has not been already asked. Same other time and MA time answering the same question more than once.

^^^^

Common sense and ability to follow instructions seems lost on most of these people.

Mods are going to be busy on Thurs sorting out the questions, as seems people cant follow simple intructions.

really good , i hope this will help MA and players to get answers and who kno, to maybe develop the game in general…

:wtg:

Have to say the format you've worked out to post these questions is about the most super-annoying you could possibly have chosen for the regular forum browser.

Back