MindArk AMA - Friday, February 8

Even though the original deadline has been reached, the team will continue to push hard to answer as many of the AMA questions as possible tonight.

:beerchug:

We love you MindArk and we love the Game!!

That being said, I have great hopes for this AMA and I gave you a wonderful opportunity (very respectful and level-headed question) to address a major concern that many have voiced over time about feeling like MindArk is not listening to what the players are saying.

I hope you will answer my 2nd question!

Thanks for the AMA!

Legends

PS: With so many Apple laptops on the table, it's surprising that Entropia doesn't support Mac!! :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great questions, responses and reputation comments.

We hope you have found this live AMA session interesting and informative.

We were not able to respond to all of the submitted questions in this session, but we plan to continue adding replies over the weekend and next week. Especially because the answers we want to provide for some of the questions require a bit more time to prepare.

Thanks to everyone for participating and we hope you have a great weekend.

Only Question:

Can you run this event again in 6 months time?

TIA. :tiphat:

Enjoyed this first session, after a slightly wobbly start where the answers seemed timid but got better as the evening went on, and I am really looking forward to those follow on sessions and the 'answers we want to provide for some of the questions require a bit more time to prepare.'

We were not able to respond to all of the submitted questions in this session, but we plan to continue adding replies over the weekend and next week. Especially because the answers we want to provide for some of the questions require a bit more time to prepare.

This is great, I hope this mean you guys will try to answer every question eventually. Also hopefully you guys can answer some really needed follow-up questions on the questions that have the most views on them.

Thank you very much, and kudos to you and the rest of the team for going into overtime and doing as much as humanly possible. It sure was intense as so much has bottled up over the years. A more regular institution will certainly alleviate this and we are very much looking forward to a new era of mutual engagement.

Med innesnöade hälsningar från Norrland

Wow, I really hope that isn't it. How can they answer so few questions in four hours?!

I had such high hopes for this as well. What a wasted opportunity. I think we may have had 2 or 3 questions answered after discounting the incredibly vague non-answers, so yeah, I'll remain sitting on the fence for now. :bs:

It feels a bit odd quoting myself, but I can see that the MindArk team have continued answering questions and have been doing so in a much better fashion than it started out. We’ve obviously got a great management team now with a focus on what gives EU its value - the community.

I’m retracting my previous statement and I’m coming back for the ride. Spot on guys! ?

I think I managed to read everything that s been answered and I think i got a feel for what s on the priority list and what not. That beeing said I am quite pleased with this AMA. Keep it up guys!

How do you feel it could be improved upon?

On reflection following the answer session, I think it would have been helpful (to MA as well as to the reader) if there had been sub-forums for particular topics (including an 'Other'). As well as making it easier to find particular answers, it would have made it easier to see if a question had already been asked before posting it. Should we do this again, I suggest doing it that way.

How do you feel it could be improved upon?

Why not simply hold it in the actual r/entropiauniverse sub so we have a normal AMA format and people can actually vote up the questions that are most important to them? This would also help MA prioritize their answers, rather than the completely illogical FIFO method.

Lunatyk is one of the mods, I'm sure he would be happy to help ensure things run smoothly.

On reflection following the answer session, I think it would have been helpful (to MA as well as to the reader) if there had been sub-forums for particular topics (including an 'Other'). As well as making it easier to find particular answers, it would have made it easier to see if a question had already been asked before posting it. Should we do this again, I suggest doing it that way.

Yes absolutely.

I had been thinking if there was a way whereby certain questions in certain subjects were weighted on how much players wanted to know the answer. It seemed questions were answered based on date order, and later different questions on the same subject were answered with a please refer to...

Maybe subsections, with a sticky poll, each thread listed in the poll and users can vote in which priority they want questions answered.

Yeah i was surprised that certain questions was not merged togeather space, stabels, plots etc. There was quite a few questions on these, that had similer anwers or refer to said question. Also when people did not add question in title was annoying.

Yeah i was surprised that certain questions was not merged togeather space, stabels, plots etc. There was quite a few questions on these, that had similer anwers or refer to said question.
They solved it by referring to previous answers in the same vein upon coming across repetition. I find this okay as it saves the workload of doing a complete triage of the submitted questions beforehand. Some took it as grounds for criticizing laziness, which I find unjustified. I guess it's just the inability to criticize oneself for having wasted the opportunity to ask another question because one didn't check what was already posted. Nevermind.

Also when people did not add question in title was annoying.
Agreed. This should be in the ruleset for the next installment, to put at least an expressive tag or keyword in the title. Makes the above more easy to avoid and also finding what you're interested in.

Was Justin a guide long time ago?

If yes, damn, we used to chat a lot back in the day...

Would You Like To Know More? :cool:

Good luck with the bug hunting! (get it?)

Really looking forward to seeing the final questions answered.

I realise a few of them were very in depth and will require some thoughtful feedback, don't leave us in suspense too long! ;)

Thursday, Feb. 7, 17:00 UTC 2019 deadline? I hope I get in on time with this post... as I don't know exactly where to post it, unclear...

Question 1:
My first questions is to do with the economic of the flow of items in Entropia, a number of things negatively effect the economy:

-Sweating has been constantly made easier over the years, yet hardly anything to counter in the influx of extra vibrant sweat.
-Putting out weapons/armour in the loot pool, which could of been put in the crafting section of the game.
-The tools in the trade terminal are limited weapons, with no markup, making them the cheapest limited weapon in the game for markup. (Because of this I know one creature and one tool from the terminal can give a TT return always in profit, not stating which item or creature specifically)
-Most older blueprints for weapons, tools and armour are not worth producing, skill grinding normally results in people TT trash rather than producing components for further productions to sell. I good example of this is the explosive blueprints.
-Creatures should only produce items that crafters should be able to create; B101 blueprint, Solomate azura blueprint, Solomate Rubio blueprint.
(this question is not about markup, but about supply and demand for resources and equipment in Entropia)

Are we likely to see an improvement in this?

Question 2:
Recently with the amount of failed projects, Deep Tokens and Compets are a few examples, public relations have been very low, but this has not directly effected the universe compared to recent implementations. Currently these updates have been very frustrating to older members and confusing for newer members.

Out of all the issues in Entropia and promises made to its users about improvement, why has effort been made to update the interface, when many of the more important aspects need to be seen to?

Follow up questions to question 2:
What direction do you see this update effecting Entropia and where is this leading to?

Thursday, Feb. 7, 17:00 UTC 2019 deadline? I hope I get in on time with this post... as I don't know exactly where to post it, unclear...

It's March :confused:

Maybe they do another one soon though :)

lol i am to late, when you wake up and forget the month XD ... must get coffee before posting

we still wait on them answering 2 pages of questions from the last ama...

Lol thanks for rep plus everyone, even though I was feeling dumb after I posting that made me feel better, hopefully they will slip in me the answers of my question, I feel the economy of the items in the game is one of the most important aspect to its functionality.

Any plans to answer the ama questions that have not been answered yet?

Question 1:
My first questions is to do with the economic of the flow of items in Entropia, a number of things negatively effect the economy:

-Sweating has been constantly made easier over the years, yet hardly anything to counter in the influx of extra vibrant sweat.
-Putting out weapons/armour in the loot pool, which could of been put in the crafting section of the game.
-The tools in the trade terminal are limited weapons, with no markup, making them the cheapest limited weapon in the game for markup. (Because of this I know one creature and one tool from the terminal can give a TT return always in profit, not stating which item or creature specifically)
-Most older blueprints for weapons, tools and armour are not worth producing, skill grinding normally results in people TT trash rather than producing components for further productions to sell. I good example of this is the explosive blueprints.
-Creatures should only produce items that crafters should be able to create; B101 blueprint, Solomate azura blueprint, Solomate Rubio blueprint.
(this question is not about markup, but about supply and demand for resources and equipment in Entropia)

Are we likely to see an improvement in this?

Question 2:
Recently with the amount of failed projects, Deep Tokens and Compets are a few examples, public relations have been very low, but this has not directly effected the universe compared to recent implementations. Currently these updates have been very frustrating to older members and confusing for newer members.

Out of all the issues in Entropia and promises made to its users about improvement, why has effort been made to update the interface, when many of the more important aspects need to be seen to?

Follow up questions to question 2:
What direction do you see this update effecting Entropia and where is this leading to?

I will attempt to answer these because they are busy currently

"We are always striving to balance economic conditions within the game"

"We are excited about the new camera system and believe everyone will love it at some point, we are striving to grow relations within Entropia Universe to make participants experiences better"

I hope that answered your questions

PS: I do not have any affiliation with Mindark

:dunce::yup:

Back