Question: Narfi's 2nd Question

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
I loved the idea of Entropia Universe when I started years ago, I loved the idea even more when more planets were added. It was growth and the idea of diversity in single platform.

Competition between planets and planet partners is good. However, the feeling we as players have been given is that it is not competition between planet partners, but a competition between the system and non calypso planet partners.

This is not fair for the individual players.

Entropia Universe Events should include the entire entropia universe. Even more so if stated as such. However we know that often Platform (Entropia Universe) events are only possible if you spend your time on Calypso.

A great example of this is the recent FEN Events. Token trader only on Calypso and for stage 2, We as players were told that x item would drop from any creature over x level. Then we were told that special items specifically would only drop from x mob of x level.

Neither of these were true. And as we have been told by the top players. "If you want to loot items, come to Calypso."

My question is this, "Do you have any intention of actually separating your interests in the platform as a whole and calypso as a planet partner? How do you intend to make the platform fair to all players while still allowing the planets to compete with each other?"

Magnus Eriksson:

Our intention is for all systems to be fair for everyone involved, including for our Planet Partners. There are a large number of factors that are used to determine proper balance, many of which are not apparent to participants, and can thus lead to confusion.

This confirms what I thought. MindArk may give an allocation to PP's who then have to allocate to mobs etc.

This doesn't explain why Arc could not have a FEN trader. It does not explain why it took days before items dropped on Arc vs Calypso.

This doesn't explain why Arc could not have a FEN trader. It does not explain why it took days before items dropped on Arc vs Calypso.

:wise:Mayhap, the system (lootpool for new items) is based on the amount of participants or active amount of ped cycling involved to even trigger the possibility of items to start dropping. As for the Fen trader, no excuses there from MA. Just plain old favoritism imo.

Throughout the FEN event i have been hunting dropships in space (lvl52-59) which did drop fen tokens but apparently no FEN mindforce chips at all - according to the public statement though they should have been dropping not just on calypso.

:wise:Mayhap, the system (lootpool for new items) is based on the amount of participants or active amount of ped cycling involved to even trigger the possibility of items to start dropping.
Is this from the horse's mouth? If not, could we have it confirmed by authority, please?

Yes Arc is smaller, but surely it's a decent %, maybe some time is required to gather momentum for larger items but days? that is still a tough sell.

Back