Question: Why you do not release Shops and appartments on Planet Partners ?

Justine

Guardian
Justine Justine Titine
Dear Mr Mindark, i would like to know why all planet partners are not allowed to have Shops and appartments ?

For example, i'm a Planet Cyrene player and i'm disappointed to do not see any Shops or appartments on this planet. This is an Real Cash Economy game, but it look like you forgot the Economy part for Cyrene :(

I still asked to Cyrene dev's and they said :

The lack of apartments and shops to a greater extent isn't something that the players can "unlock" so to speak. It's more about making MindArk deliver on past promises that are holding back our shops/land areas/apartments.

Cheers,
Kris

Do you plan to release shop and let us improve the Economy on planet partners ?

Thanks

Please, Mr MindArk was my father’s name, you can call me Henrik.

Each Planet is allowed a base number of apartments and shops, which is increased based on marketing and activity.

Has Cyrene not hit the base number based on participants?? What is the base number vs the number of participants?

Has Cyrene not hit the base number based on participants?? What is the base number vs the number of participants?

Cyrene may not want to release shops/apartments yet

Each Planet is allowed a base number of apartments and shops, which is increased based on marketing and activity.
That seems really terrible way of managing the planet partners, because the planet needs to build its economy first, and if shops gets added, the economy is allowed to grow, and if the economy grows, the planet will grow, more people will join the planet, and then the economy will grow even further, allowing more shops to be placed, so why not at least allow a few shops to be added, so the planet has a chance to even begin to grow.:)

A lot of people avoid other planets because their market/economy sucks, making them lose a lot of MU in the process, not to mention not enough (L) gear available on said planets which prevents the majority of players to make it their home there...

Cyrene has wanted to provide at least booths for a long time now, although not as permanent sales, but to worthy citizens etc. for a trial period extendable based on upkeep.

Nice to meet you Henrik :)

Well, i started to play in July 2015, i'm level 91 now and i played almost all time on Planet Cyrene. I agree sometimes there is not much players on this planet, but this planet is not dead ! Auction work, direct trade work, there is a community on this planet and we want same right and possibilities as Calypso. We are depositors afterall.

I suggest to change your limit for allow Planet Partners to have shops.

Maybe Mindark could offer to planetpartners a 'jointventure' area, if they dont qualify to sell more shops just yet to have one location on the planet where mindark can sell shops to players if the planet partner agrees.
The tradeoff would be not having the direct income from the sale but offering the local community an early trading center. Maybe have booths just rentable for a certain time and not sellable in this location.
The location could be removed when the planetpartner has grown and qualifies to sell his own location.

Maybe have booths just rentable for a certain time and not sellable in this location.
Not even that made progress on Cyrene. There is a thread somewhere about how Cyrene wanted to allocate temporary booths, but like many things, they apparently hit a very solid brick wall!

Maybe Mindark could offer to planetpartners a 'jointventure' area, if they dont qualify to sell more shops just yet to have one location on the planet where mindark can sell shops to players if the planet partner agrees.
The tradeoff would be not having the direct income from the sale but offering the local community an early trading center. Maybe have booths just rentable for a certain time and not sellable in this location.
The location could be removed when the planetpartner has grown and qualifies to sell his own location.

Cyrene got riche ideas for there booth :

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/developer-insights-booths.7439/

They wait MA permission :(

I don't see what can kill the game if MA choose to let Planet Cyrene to release that system :s

Shops are a very intertesting thing for meet every sellers and buyers from different time zone. Auction work but there is a limited time (7days). So it's not perfect !

Please Henrik, can you answer the question. Why hasn't Cyrene been allowed shops or even booths?

Kris has stated a long time ago that he was working with MA to get booths on Cyrene but it hasn't happened. Why hasn't it happened?

Planets with small communities often don't have armor protection, vehicles or tools on the Auction because of Auction fees to list, it makes it even harder for a community to grow.

How come, despite Cyrene's efforts, there still aren't any Booths on Cyrene?

My understanding is that Planet Partners have to hit certain targets and criteria in order to be eligible to release new MA approved content. I do believe Cyrene has booths available but are working out how best to introduce them to the community. Last I heard, they were looking at awarding them in quarterly events That would expire and have to be won again in a next event to keep shop owners active and having to compete to keep the rights to their shop deeds.

Planet Cyrene has come up with a unique concept with their Dynamic Map Update that kind of illustrates and puts into perspective how their new MA pre-approved content gets released. It shows the level and a progress bar for each different land area. When the community ‘levels up’ a land area through player activities such as hunting, mining and crafting, new content is release in that area.

There is some info on this here
http://cyreneforum.com/threads/cyrene-dynamic-upgrade-map-and-the-next-planet-parter-vu.7739/

But at what rates and timespan?

Below quote is from 2007 Q&A:

So far, no additional shops were made available at Genesis, Omegaton, or Sakura since the time that Q&A took place. What requirements on Calypso have not been met since that time?

Last edited:
No additional information ?

Please, can you tell us what you look for allow PP to have shops.

Is it the unique numbers of players per day/week/month ?
Is it the average revenue per day/week/month ?
Is it the number of new Cyrene Avatars ?
Is it other thing ?

Thanks

Back