Question: Ath

Andova

Young
Society
Holy Moly!
Andova Andie the Wise
Thank you for this opportunity!

With the change in loot amounts, achieving an ATH seems virtually impossible. Have you considered doing a yearly ATH list?

The current ATH could become an historical ATH with the chance to still make that list, but the chance for a yearly ATH would be better and give current players something to shoot for. (It would also make January 1st amazing!:)).

All time highs are definitely still possible, and always have been.
Thanks for your suggestion about improvements to the Hall of Fame list, we will consider it!

All time highs are definitely still possible, and always have been.
Thanks for your suggestion about improvements to the Hall of Fame list, we will consider it!

Proven true today!

Ridiculous!

You wont see anymore EURO from me!

All for the "free" advertise. And guess the time at witch it droped? Prime time! :yup:

Self advertising ATH that in NO way expresses the truth about the loot in Entropia Universe.

Self advertising ATH that in NO way expresses the truth about the loot in Entropia Universe.

Based on the player's EntropiaLife tracker it appears that the individual in question had a habit of amped indoor mining. I don't see why it is such a surprise then that he hit such a massive loot. Statistically it was bound to happen. MA stated that it was possible to happen.

Why is it that the validity of the inevitable is continuously questioned when it comes to fruition?

Ridiculous!

All for the "free" advertise. And guess the time at witch it droped? Prime time! :yup:

Why is it Ridiculous? There some big pre-amp finders now and bung a big amp on why not? Players alweays moan when someone else hits something nice. If its low level player, older players moan its not fair. If its old player someone always say they in leauge with MA. Gz to miner, hopeful one i get mine, but idoubt as i am not much of gambler.

People don't care how the loot works anyway.They all chase ath and hofs.
Bright side, more gamblers will join :)

Why is it that the validity of the inevitable is continuously questioned when it comes to fruition?
Frustration caused by greed and jealousy - if it had happened to them they wouldn't have complained. :silly2:
I myself share the jealousy part. :laugh:
Though if I put my :tinfoilhat: on then I'd say people want it to be a MA avatar so that they can be caught in the act and then hof reverted and MA would give out 417, 1k ped hofs to other avatars.
And that wouldn't be a bad thing imo. I see 0 reason of giving these out, since it severely affects overall loot for a while... and for negligible advertizing.

Right thing to do if you see such an ATH is --->

GRATZ Jenny

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Awesome hit, and not a swede :D

Ridiculous!

All for the "free" advertise. :yup:

The method used by MindArk to amass (then release) the funds required for those very rare mega-loots is not obvious/trivial : I see that here some players think that the whole EU-community will now pay a hard price to "balance" that 417k loot, but as i said the question involved here is not "trivial" :

for example, I imagined that, since there are some oil-rigs within the Game -each one currently giving free money to players- very smartly MindArk might just reduce in a very small, unnoticeable way, the output of money released by the oil rigs, to SLOWLY amass the capitals required to seldom release such mega-loots, which are also useful for obvious marketing reasons, and attraction of new players.

About the subject-oil rigs , some months ago in my Blog I also suggested a reform of the oil rig-dynamics in order to improve the loots of the entire player-base (see the hint no.9 in my 1-page-Blog). The sure fact is that an optimised use of the amount of money currently released by oil-rigs, could really help the growth of whole gaming Community of Entropia Universe.

Another possible source for those mega-loots lies in banned/expired accounts : maybe that mega-loot is the result of an extremely, immensely rich account ban/expiration.

Paul

if its a normal non preamped finder with a lvl 13 amps or equal the normal max loot with 1k multiplier (which seems to be the max on mining) would be 346500 peds. and the 1k multis are very, very rare. the "normal" very high multi is usually at around 750x which would result in a 259875 ped hit. and not to mention the 5% loss on tax so the expected "usual" highest hit for ore indoors with non preamped finder and lvl 13 amp should be 246881 peds.

that hit was nearly double of it which suggests that either he used a high preamped finder like p160 or p85 and a lvl 13 amp or the hit was only for promotional purposes.

now when looking at the tracker we see that the hits right before the ath were these:

Iron Stone 156 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:37:26
Narcanisum Stone 267 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:20:59
Narcanisum Stone 209 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:03:45
Narcanisum Stone 276 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:03:33

these are typical hits for unamped finder with terra 9 or level 12 amps. with level 13s and unamped there would be hits slightly above 300 peds or reduced ones at around 180 and not 150 and 270.

this leads me to the conclusion that a not preamped finder with lvl 12 or terra 9 or close to that has been used. that would be roughly 17 peds per drop. at 17 peds a drop the "normal" high find would have been 199856 for 750x (tax has been deducted) or 266475 for 1k multi '(tax has been deducted).
afaik there has been no recorded hit above a 1k multi since january 2013. even if we assume the max would be 1250x that would be 333093 peds (tax has been deducted).
this 417k hit would be a 1564x multi. thats higher than any recorded hit since jan 2013. this leads us to 2 conclusions. either MA has changed the mining system to allow for higher multis, or this was a pure promotional hit to get new players. as this hit comes coincidally very close after the new camera system which seems to be directed at new players only and not old timers id say the chance for this being a promotional hit and not reproducable is greater 90%.

afaik there has been no recorded hit above a 1k multi since january 2013.

I hit 1061 PED unamped enmatter (melchi) planetside in December 2018.

1061/0.54125 (TM5) ~= 1960x

Multipliers over 1000x have been happening all the time, they're just rare.

I hit 1061 PED unamped enmatter (melchi) planetside in December 2018.

1061/0.54125 (TM5) ~= 1960x

Multipliers over 1000x have been happening all the time, they're just rare.

i used another calculation method. there has been a thread a while back by someone and it seems this has been used since that time.

its (decay from amp + probe cost) * 3,3 * multi for outdoors and another *5 for indoors.

so yours would be 643x which would still be under the 750x thresshold i mentioned.

iirc there was also a bounty of 1k peds for anyone who could prove a bigger than 1k multi. i think it has never been won.

edit: i think i found it: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?281206-Max-possible-multipler-in-mining

Last edited:
only 1 thing I can say here

HUGE GRATZ

only 1 thing I can say here

HUGE GRATZ

Huge gratz to the lucky miner concerned on the biggest loot (so far) in Entropia history :eyecrazy::yay:

i used another calculation method. there has been a thread a while back by someone and it seems this has been used since that time.

its (decay from amp + probe cost) * 3,3 * multi for outdoors and another *5 for indoors.

so yours would be 643x which would still be under the 750x thresshold i mentioned.

iirc there was also a bounty of 1k peds for anyone who could prove a bigger than 1k multi. i think it has never been won.

edit: i think i found it: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?281206-Max-possible-multipler-in-mining

In that calc you're multiplying by the constant 3.3 (I assume you're saying u get 1 hit in 3.3 drops average) and then saying that the 3.3 constant is not part of the multiplier when I think most people would say it is.

In that calc you're multiplying by the constant 3.3 (I assume you're saying u get 1 hit in 3.3 drops average) and then saying that the 3.3 constant is not part of the multiplier when I think most people would say it is.

well its just a definition. if you take the 3.3 you just multiply every multiplier by 3.3. that doesnt change the fact that the multi for this is hit is way too high compared to all others gotten so far. the premise stands unchanged.

well its just a definition. if you take the 3.3 you just multiply every multiplier by 3.3. that doesnt change the fact that the multi for this is hit is way too high compared to all others gotten so far. the premise stands unchanged.

And between the calcs in that post and today we have had an upgrade to loot 2.0, so maybe those calcs are no longer relevant.

that 417k was with a terramaster 3 finder and a lvl 13 amp

r equal the normal max loot with 1k multiplier (which seems to be the max on mining)

"Multiplier" is a notion invented by the playerbase to describe a phenomenon, as is perceived. It is an observation tool, not even a hypothesis. You're already pushing the reasoning to the point where you're convinced that "multiplier" is a developer tool, part of the loot mechanism design. Next step is to be annoyed that MA doesn't put out this or that multiplier. That's a road to insanity.

P.S.: you could have written these with your prime ava, there should be no shame in expressing an opinion.

"Multiplier" is a notion invented by the playerbase to describe a phenomenon, as is perceived. It is an observation tool, not even a hypothesis. You're already pushing the reasoning to the point where you're convinced that "multiplier" is a developer tool, part of the loot mechanism design. Next step is to be annoyed that MA doesn't put out this or that multiplier. That's a road to insanity.

P.S.: you could have written these with your prime ava, there should be no shame in expressing an opinion.

the multipliers are quite observable. and maximum loots are as well.they are the reason why there never will be an ath with more than 200k peds on ep4.

the sizes of the hofs prior are quite unusual for a level 13 amp + not preamped finder. might have switched em up though before the ath.

Would like to know what finder, amps etc are used on that big one.

But as first : BIG GRATZ :clap:

the multipliers are quite observable. and maximum loots are as well.they are the reason why there never will be an ath with more than 200k peds on ep4.

the sizes of the hofs prior are quite unusual for a level 13 amp + not preamped finder. might have switched em up though before the ath.

I dont believe in multipliers. Do we know how the system is coded? NO !!! Do we know it got changed? do we know it was just a promotion task? do we see behind the MA wall? NO, we do not, and we never will.

There is also no pattern, and if we think to find some, it ofc get changed :)

I dont believe in multipliers. Do we know how the system is coded? NO !!! Do we know it got changed? do we know it was just a promotion task? do we see behind the MA wall? NO, we do not, and we never will.

There one thing you can be sure about, the game is always changing. Its why you have to learn to adabt and dont have all your eggs in one basket.

Multipliers are like science, they are true even if you believe in them or not :D
They are just a reference for us and I'm sure they can be something totally different in the backend but in the frontend, it's pretty obvious, whether you can see them or not. And they are just a reference because it's not helping you in any way if you know they are there or not.

Uber gz to lucky miner, I'm happy something as big as this popped. Next is probably a 800k PEDder shrapnel.

idk about ur math.

but the find is 417614 after tax, so pre tax 441919 (tax is 5,5 in main arena).

Decay on terrasmaster 3 is 3.225 pec

so 441919/20.0325 makes for a 22060 multi.

Give me any recent crafting, mining or hunting that has a multi of 22060. I have looked hard and cant find any.

Maybe i am a bit sour since i was up on foma mining with l13's the pas week and got a hit rate of 2.5% and a return of 35% on a 20k+ run.

I see no justification for a find this size with the current player base.

if its a normal non preamped finder with a lvl 13 amps or equal the normal max loot with 1k multiplier (which seems to be the max on mining) would be 346500 peds. and the 1k multis are very, very rare. the "normal" very high multi is usually at around 750x which would result in a 259875 ped hit. and not to mention the 5% loss on tax so the expected "usual" highest hit for ore indoors with non preamped finder and lvl 13 amp should be 246881 peds.

that hit was nearly double of it which suggests that either he used a high preamped finder like p160 or p85 and a lvl 13 amp or the hit was only for promotional purposes.

now when looking at the tracker we see that the hits right before the ath were these:

Iron Stone 156 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:37:26
Narcanisum Stone 267 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:20:59
Narcanisum Stone 209 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:03:45
Narcanisum Stone 276 PED Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:03:33

these are typical hits for unamped finder with terra 9 or level 12 amps. with level 13s and unamped there would be hits slightly above 300 peds or reduced ones at around 180 and not 150 and 270.

this leads me to the conclusion that a not preamped finder with lvl 12 or terra 9 or close to that has been used. that would be roughly 17 peds per drop. at 17 peds a drop the "normal" high find would have been 199856 for 750x (tax has been deducted) or 266475 for 1k multi '(tax has been deducted).
afaik there has been no recorded hit above a 1k multi since january 2013. even if we assume the max would be 1250x that would be 333093 peds (tax has been deducted).
this 417k hit would be a 1564x multi. thats higher than any recorded hit since jan 2013. this leads us to 2 conclusions. either MA has changed the mining system to allow for higher multis, or this was a pure promotional hit to get new players. as this hit comes coincidally very close after the new camera system which seems to be directed at new players only and not old timers id say the chance for this being a promotional hit and not reproducable is greater 90%.

idk about ur math.

but the find is 417614 after tax, so pre tax 441919 (tax is 5,5 in main arena).

Decay on terrasmaster 3 is 3.225 pec

so 441919/20.0325 makes for a 22060 multi.

Give me any recent crafting, mining or hunting that has a multi of 22060. I have looked hard and cant find any.

Maybe i am a bit sour since i was up on foma mining with l13's the pas week and got a hit rate of 2.5% and a return of 35% on a 20k+ run.

I see no justification for a find this size with the current player base.

It's 5x indoors so really a 4k ish multiplier.

I'm not willing to go into discussion of "3.3" and other methods of calculation.

But... indoor range is 0.4x of that planetide, hence the area is 0.16x, hence the ratio is 1/0.16 = 6.25x.

Back