Question: Do you guys check out this forum for ideas?

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
Hi,

Do you guys ever check this forum for ideas, or should we just stop posting them cause you dont care anyways?

I am running this thread since 2011 (8 YEARS!!!) and none of the ideas were ever addressed or at least commented.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...48-Ideas-to-improve-society-terminal-(Part-2)

It would be great if you would clarify so that we can actually stop wasting our time actually caring for the game :)
Thats why good events like Miss Calypso, He-Man Calypso also died (You stopped caring = no support - we(Singular, me) stopped caring in organising - no point if you guys dont give a ...., right? :) ).

Thanks,
True Juan :bandit:

Actually, many members of the MindArk team follow the vibrant and insightful discussions on community forums. It often happens that ideas proposed by the community are taken into account or even implemented into our design plans.

Actually, many members of the MindArk team follow the vibrant and insightful discussions on community forums. It often happens that ideas proposed by the community are taken into account or even implemented into our design plans.

So basically his idea is shit is that what you're saying? Since in 8 years not one of you even commented on it. Or you could actually comment if his idea or similar if it's something you guys currently have on your prioritize list i.e. revamping the ancient society terminal/system.

I can understand the OP why he feels like you guys don't check forums, being ignored for all that time.

This is all great, it has been stated on occasion before and I'm happy to see evidence that some items from the wishlist have indeed been picked up. However, communication in this field is forever so one-sided. Could there be a little more feedback that this or that is either shortlisted, or rather problematic for xyz reason? I understand you can't engage in a full-blown discussion about every wild idea thrown out there, but I think a little notice more frequently wouldn't hurt. It has been utterly frustrating to send these through the support system and getting the same canned reply every time, despite knowing that concrete promises can't be made on the spot. The thing is that most planet partner teams do find it in them to respond individually to such things and it makes a big difference to one's motivation. Are you so infinitely more swamped at HQ that this is plain impossible?

But is it so hard to at least acknowledge that you guys have checked the thread, maybe give a little feedback so that we can actually feel that it is worth posting and gathering ideas?
(I have my own company and I request feedback from my customers all the time. WHY? Because I want to make my product even better. I actually request feedback. You guys have it here all the time without even needing to ask, yet no communication from your side.)
You dont need to check out every idea but posts that actually create activity and people engage in the threads could get noticed. The above thread has over 20000 views which means people probably are interested.

I dont see a thread with 20000 views about a Battle Simulator... yet that was implemented :scratch2:
You guys have very weird way of running a company...

When my customers ask for RED led lights on our device, I will not give them a discoball instead. I will give them a choice of 10 different led lighting options, RED included... Just some food for thought...

Great to hear this. If they are reading a post everynow and then would be great, just to let us know you are reading :D

What exactly are you defining as "community forums"? If that just means reading planetcalypsoforum and not reading entropiaplanets, or any of the other huge number of forums, some of which are in English and others that are not, that exists, perhaps redefining what that means may be a good idea? Just having the AMA here on pcf and not in a more 'neutral' location or on other planet forums actually seems to be annoying some according to some of the posts on non-pcf forums I've read recently...

Having personally put in a lot of wish list threads over the years, and following a lot of the forums, I do see implementation of some ideas over time, but yes, feedback that actually shows where and how those ideas got implemented is very lacking... and in some cases, even when things do get implemented there's no one from developer side going back to make sure that what did get implemented was implemented correctly...

Let me give you best example of that that I've personally seen... A good many months back on Cyrene...

In above examples, best I can see of a pp actually listening to participants, they implemented several ideas I suggested or mentioned issues with but introduced problems that didn't get noticed at first as well, and some of which I don't think has been resolved yet...
Mazeweaver
- The Maze Hammer has been adjusted from L to UL.
- Any players will additional Maze Hammers may trade them to Mazeweaver Ricardo at the <name> teleporter in exchange for 50000 Shrapnel.
- The Maze ending marker has been adjusted and at the end of the Maze there is now a warp that will take you directly outside.
- Vlad the Unraveler now can drop Mazeweaver Certificates.

Vlad stopped looting ANYTHING at all when you killed him.... He still completed the mission daily for you, but as he's the highest hp mob in the maze, that's a problem for those doing the maze mission daily.

The waypoint at the end of the maze is higher than the floor so you have to jump up to actually reach it with your avatar... subsequent forum posts explained that but on initial implementation it wasn't explained.

NPC Ricardo still doesn't do what the above quote says he does as far as I can tell from last time I checked... he's just nonresponsive.

I suspect little things like this happen all of the time all over the place... PPs try to get done what participants want done and then no subsequent checks are done by PP or Mindark, so bugs get introduced, or things only get halfway installed but never actually gets 'done' the right way, and it goes on for months or years unresolved or only half way fixed....

so we end up with stuff like forests growing in the basements of turned around apartments, booths hanging upside down, in Omegaton, Missions unable to be completed, etc.

The QA - Quality Assurance controls and checks don't seem to be in place anywhere in this game... and based on what I've read about support tickets, etc. issues are only addressed after a lot of support tickets are sent in, almost like the number of support cases for any one issue is a weirdly democratic type of thing where increased number of support cases will be only way any particular issue gets resolved, and all other issues go to the bottom of the to do list, possibly never resolved ever... to the point where some players actually create forum threads requesting other players send in support tickets about certain issues to raise up the potential that their particular issue may be resolved... that's a problem in my opinion.

The AMA type stuff here is great, and I'm glad you are starting to communicate more with the community, but if it's a one and done type of thing like previous Q&A sessions were in the past, where a small string of things happen to help, but then it all goes dead again after a few months that's not going to be too helpful... hope that trend doesn't continue.

Last edited:
If that just means reading planetcalypsoforum and not reading entropiaplanets, or any of the other huge number of forums, some of which are in English and others that are not, that exists, perhaps redefining what that means may be a good idea?

I don't think there's any reason to redefine forums.
pc_logo.png

Having the AMA on the most used forums makes sense because who reads EntropiaPlanets? Why?
That's not a forum for the community, that's a forum against everything related to this game, including its community even if the claim is different. Asking for a more neutral space, like entropiaplanets, means that that site is more of a weird political tool that has as goal to change the management of EU :lolup:
Some people are born oppressed and when there is none, they make up one so they can fight "the system" :laugh:

What exactly are you defining as "community forums"? If that just means reading planetcalypsoforum and not reading entropiaplanets, or any of the other huge number of forums, some of which are in English and others that are not, that exists, perhaps redefining what that means may be a good idea? Just having the AMA here on pcf and not in a more 'neutral' location or on other planet forums actually seems to be annoying some according to some of the posts on non-pcf forums I've read recently...

What forums? I had a look at the 3 main pp forums and did not see anything there.

What forums? I had a look at the 3 main pp forums and did not see anything there.

i'm of the opinion that this forum should be all inclusive. the entropiaplanets is a horrible forum. and tbh, arkforum and cyrene forum are nearly as lame. does toulan, monria and rock even have forums? does NI even exist? maybe it would be better to have them all in one spot? separating the planet partners so far is not doing anyone any good, imo.

the pcf is one of the websites that are crucial to the entropia universe experience.

these sites are of absolute importance in no particular order:

entropia life, bob the builder, entropiapets, little big mining log, entropiawiki and this pcf

i really like the rumor i hear about the entropiawiki. MA should incorporate all of these these. at least to the level that Entropia Life website has brought theirs to.

its 2019 now and tbh the entropia universe website is actually about 20 years behind the times. sorry to be like that but, that website seriously needs an upgrade too.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290554-THE-Armor-Shop-Everything-for-your-defense&highlight=caly+armor+shop

Last edited:
Back