jak - Q1 "Game priorities?"

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Can you please let us in on some of the priorities being focused on by you at Mind Ark?

sub question: Can you let us know where on the priorities PVP is? been a long time since we had any updates to pvp.

sub sub question: Can you please tell us where "plots/farming" is on the priorities? Not sure why farms are not the main source of the buff pills...

sub sub sub question: Can you tell us where on priorities taming is?

Thanks!!!!

There are many areas that we want to improve.

In 2018 we had a lot of discussions about which areas of Entropia Universe that we want to prioritize, and why. At this time our priority is to focus on systems and features which will benefit the greatest number of participants. That is one of the reasons that we started with the Camera and Interaction system, as it’s something that affects all participants, new and old alike.

We have also been working extensively on improving the stability of the product, minimizing lag etc. With that being said, we have for the past few months devoted a larger portion of the releases to bug fixing and other smaller issues that have been reported. This is something we will continue to do for the foreseeable future.

Rather than making promises or projections on specific systems or features, I believe it is better to present such information to the community only once we feel confident in our ability to deliver. Hopefully this will increase your trust in us.

In 2018 we had a lot of discussions about which areas of Entropia Universe that we want to prioritize, and why. At this time our priority is to focus on systems and features which will benefit the greatest number of participants. That is one of the reasons that we started with the Camera and Interaction system, as it’s something that affects all participants, new and old alike.

We have also been working extensively on improving the stability of the product, minimizing lag etc. With that being said, we have for the past few months devoted a larger portion of the releases to bug fixing and other smaller issues that have been reported. This is something we will continue to do for the foreseeable future.

Rather than making promises or projections on specific systems or features, I believe it is better to present such information to the community only once we feel confident in our ability to deliver. Hopefully this will increase your trust in us.

Bug fixing is indeed an area that a lot of players have a desire for MindArk to focus on, I applaud the efforts.

Thanks for communicating that you are indeed focusing on that, and communicating recently also that you are working on a solution to the 'falling through the floor' bug.

:beerchug:

With that being said, we have for the past few months devoted a larger portion of the releases to bug fixing and other smaller issues that have been reported. This is something we will continue to do for the foreseeable future.
This is very welcome to hear. It just makes it the less understandable why one of the most notorious issues, the chat channel auto-leave bug, has still not made it onto that shortlist yet. The reason for singling out this example is that it was not a new thing, but a previously working system which got broken in a specific VU. Not taking this type of issue up for immediate fixing despite numerous complaints would have led to termination in every software project I ever had a role in. These always got labeled as 'critical'. The way these priorities are set here is simply unfamiliar to me. Could you help me understand? Because I'm feeling like such a fool already for harping on it again and again, despite receiving notes of agreement many times.

Does this mean that content releases with new stuff to do be very minimal during this time?

Thats a good thing, its easy to have dreams, its hard to make dreams come true.
Its really better to tell us only what will come when it is ready to be released soon.

That will cause less frustration in the comunity.

you have no idea how good that makes me feel...just knowing this

Thats a good thing, its easy to have dreams, its hard to make dreams come true.
Its really better to tell us only what will come when it is ready to be released soon.

That will cause less frustration in the comunity.

and to behonest some of the dreams MA has had were really quite , uh, limited. and the good news is they seen a shaman and he's cleaning the cobwebs out and killing the lame ideas before they fester. kudos to MA team for that.

a state of the internet address would be great . with no promises . just point out the mission completions and next few steps.

Last edited:
Back