San's Q1: Communication

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
First of all, thank you very much for this opportunity. Also thanks for choosing this format over video, it is much more efficient. Here is to hope that it might become a regular institution (every last Friday of a month maybe? - no, this was not my first question ;)

My first question, originally posted here, is short and simple:

Can I message you directly?

This is not a joke and will not be abused to waste your time. I have established fruitful dialogues with more than one planet partner's development teams. There are topics for which neither support tickets nor public forums are the ideal medium.

Thank you for participating in the AMA!

We will perform a thorough review once this AMA session is completed and look for ways to improve the process. We definitely want to host more AMA sessions in the future.

Due to privacy concerns and the new GDPR law, all communication between individual participants and company representatives must be conducted through official channels. Please submit a support case on the EntropiaUniverse.com website to contact us with feedback or questions.

I agree having this become a regular thing would go a long way to healing old wounds...

Thank you. Can I understand this as yes, I can direct a message to a specific company member, only to use the support channel for forwarding it? Of course, this would be feasible and I understand the concerns.

May I suggest however that perhaps if this is done again (and I hope it is), give yourselves a few days between closing posts and answer session.
That way you have more time to consult colleagues and be better able to provide at least some detail rather than info free generalisms.

TBH this live session was a brave attempt but I am not sure it is necessary or even fair to many players

Many players will be unable to log in to forum during this short window, due to RL work and timezones. They will therefore be presented with a huge wall of posts when they do log in, and tbh will probably quickly give up trying to take it all on board. They will also feel left out as their responses will be after you (MA) go home for the weekend

My suggestion is perhaps monthly or quarterly opportunities for us to ask questions (under AMA rules)
That you then take say 1 week to review.. to combine related posts into a single but fuller answer.
The thread would be locked until you reply (as now) but you review the replies and do a sweep up session of secondary answers a few days later (as necessary). That way timezones are not as important, and will doubtless be less stressful for you guys too.

What matters is you have started to communicate (whether we like the answer or not), please let this just be the start not a flash in the pan

Thank you for participating in the AMA!

We will perform a thorough review once this AMA session is completed and look for ways to improve the process. We definitely want to host more AMA sessions in the future.

Due to privacy concerns and the new GDPR law, all communication between individual participants and company representatives must be conducted through official channels. Please submit a support case on the EntropiaUniverse.com website to contact us with feedback or questions.

WONDERFUL! Are their thoughts of making this a monthly/yearly thing?

Back