Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images

San's Q2: Explosive Projectile Crafting

My second question, originally posted here:

I would like to kindly ask to lay open the reasons and rationale MindArk had for introducing Explosive Projectile crafting in this particular way. What did you hope to achieve, was it achieved, and what internal or external factors would influence its future?

The calls for retracting it aren't ending any time soon. It is confounding and seen as damaging by many. However, there is little but assumptions founded by more or less subjective perceptions in the argumentation both pro and contra. Hundreds of posts have been written, this latest one sums it up nicely i.m.o.:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...09#post3688809

Please help us understand at last, to form a solid base for drawing conclusions about agreement or disagreement. I understand that a large portion of the allure of this game is that the community is left with figuring out its mechanics, but EP crafting is decidedly not a part of this and the uncertainty about what it's supposed to mean in the game's context is deeply unsatisfying.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    BackBone Angelina Praias
    Images

Influence of Explosive Projectiles craft in the whole economy

Do you think that the crafting of explosives projectiles, while a positive impact on MA's income, might have a negative impact on the game economy has a whole since, many of those crafters, instead of buying materials from players and giving those some MU, are buying directly from the TT?

Best regards and hope for a bright future.

This question requires a more detailed response than we can present at the moment.

We will get back to this question next week.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Awesome, thank you very much. I'm looking forward to it. Also tusen tack for going into overtime so late to get this far. Have a great weekend!
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Old
    Shadowfire Hottygurl Of The Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This question requires a more detailed response than we can present at the moment.

We will get back to this question next week.
    I agree, there would be merit on the explanation of what was intended by their introduction, whether this still applies today, and whether it achieved its intended goals. The community understanding why economic changes have been made and their thought process would help us have less extreme reactions to things.

The auctions and shops not making player resources available easily and quickly provides the root of the problem, so nanocubes are currently necessary to ensure crafters have access to resources all the time.

However, nanocube in EP were used to keep output costs down, and I personally feel because it served as an emergency measure necessary to shunt 'thoughtless adrenaline crafters' who will sell a product always undercutting even at a loss just to click things, away from the central component and crafting economy so people who tried could make money doing it.

Without shunting the gamble crafters away, markets of losing adrenaline crafters blanketed all the way up to 50k investment amounts to be able to craft anything not flooded, and led to an 'elitist thought process of crafters' who liked it once they already had the skills as it kept competition down. It was bad for the rest of the game, though.

Hearing a little bit about the bigger economic picture could greatly help us understand why things were done the way they were.

When making changes, do remember... the explosives projectile market cannot sustain a high markup on the ammo, so a majority of nanocubes and a 10-20% amount of basic hunting loot should certainly be burned in this. We just have to be careful to not make it expensive, however, but I do feel it should be primarily from the hunting economy(oils).

The market may change under the kill-cost system however for alternative styles of weapons, however:
    - The current explosive system has projectiles not go off,
    - Go through the terrain
    - Hit 1-2 targets with minimal damage so their cost and loss is insane.

Thus we aren't using the ammo. Fixing the bugs would mean more people using explosives, meaning less complaints from crafters making EP if the blueprints get changed but this time around, they can actually sell their products.

hunters/miners can play with only TT input, so can crafters thanks to EP, fair play. No change needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    hunters/miners can play with only TT input, so can crafters thanks to EP, fair play. No change needed.
    I can't kill a mob of 20peds of cost with TT weapons. Fair play!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RDD View Post
    Future is bright. Maybe the TT will allow this type of hunting next year?

but you can do it with highler UL weapon for just the cost of TT-value! So, EP BPs is fair play ^^

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    CF Elite
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do not answer him. He neither knows nor understands. but he will always answer you, because he believes that if he does so, he is right.

SOCIEDAD CAZADORES FURTIVOS - CF ELITE
    Click Here to OPEN our WEBSITE : http://cazadoresfurtivos.es.tl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast