San's Q2: Explosive Projectile Crafting

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
My second question, originally posted here:

I would like to kindly ask to lay open the reasons and rationale MindArk had for introducing Explosive Projectile crafting in this particular way. What did you hope to achieve, was it achieved, and what internal or external factors would influence its future?

The calls for retracting it aren't ending any time soon. It is confounding and seen as damaging by many. However, there is little but assumptions founded by more or less subjective perceptions in the argumentation both pro and contra. Hundreds of posts have been written, this latest one sums it up nicely i.m.o.:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...(or-change-them)-Part-2&p=3688809#post3688809

Please help us understand at last, to form a solid base for drawing conclusions about agreement or disagreement. I understand that a large portion of the allure of this game is that the community is left with figuring out its mechanics, but EP crafting is decidedly not a part of this and the uncertainty about what it's supposed to mean in the game's context is deeply unsatisfying.

Influence of Explosive Projectiles craft in the whole economy

Do you think that the crafting of explosives projectiles, while a positive impact on MA's income, might have a negative impact on the game economy has a whole since, many of those crafters, instead of buying materials from players and giving those some MU, are buying directly from the TT?

Best regards and hope for a bright future.

This question requires a more detailed response than we can present at the moment.

We will get back to this question next week.

Awesome, thank you very much. I'm looking forward to it. Also tusen tack for going into overtime so late to get this far. Have a great weekend!

This question requires a more detailed response than we can present at the moment.

We will get back to this question next week.

I agree, there would be merit on the explanation of what was intended by their introduction, whether this still applies today, and whether it achieved its intended goals. The community understanding why economic changes have been made and their thought process would help us have less extreme reactions to things.

The auctions and shops not making player resources available easily and quickly provides the root of the problem, so nanocubes are currently necessary to ensure crafters have access to resources all the time.

However, nanocube in EP were used to keep output costs down, and I personally feel because it served as an emergency measure necessary to shunt 'thoughtless adrenaline crafters' who will sell a product always undercutting even at a loss just to click things, away from the central component and crafting economy so people who tried could make money doing it.

Without shunting the gamble crafters away, markets of losing adrenaline crafters blanketed all the way up to 50k investment amounts to be able to craft anything not flooded, and led to an 'elitist thought process of crafters' who liked it once they already had the skills as it kept competition down. It was bad for the rest of the game, though.

Hearing a little bit about the bigger economic picture could greatly help us understand why things were done the way they were.

When making changes, do remember... the explosives projectile market cannot sustain a high markup on the ammo, so a majority of nanocubes and a 10-20% amount of basic hunting loot should certainly be burned in this. We just have to be careful to not make it expensive, however, but I do feel it should be primarily from the hunting economy(oils).

The market may change under the kill-cost system however for alternative styles of weapons, however:
- The current explosive system has projectiles not go off,
- Go through the terrain
- Hit 1-2 targets with minimal damage so their cost and loss is insane.

Thus we aren't using the ammo. Fixing the bugs would mean more people using explosives, meaning less complaints from crafters making EP if the blueprints get changed but this time around, they can actually sell their products.

hunters/miners can play with only TT input, so can crafters thanks to EP, fair play. No change needed.

I can't kill a mob of 20peds of cost with TT weapons. Fair play!

Future is bright. ;) Maybe the TT will allow this type of hunting next year?

but you can do it with highler UL weapon for just the cost of TT-value! So, EP BPs is fair play ^^

Do not answer him. He neither knows nor understands. but he will always answer you, because he believes that if he does so, he is right. :cool:

My second question, originally posted here:

I would like to kindly ask to lay open the reasons and rationale MindArk had for introducing Explosive Projectile crafting in this particular way. What did you hope to achieve, was it achieved, and what internal or external factors would influence its future?

The calls for retracting it aren't ending any time soon. It is confounding and seen as damaging by many. However, there is little but assumptions founded by more or less subjective perceptions in the argumentation both pro and contra. Hundreds of posts have been written, this latest one sums it up nicely i.m.o.:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...(or-change-them)-Part-2&p=3688809#post3688809

Please help us understand at last, to form a solid base for drawing conclusions about agreement or disagreement. I understand that a large portion of the allure of this game is that the community is left with figuring out its mechanics, but EP crafting is decidedly not a part of this and the uncertainty about what it's supposed to mean in the game's context is deeply unsatisfying.

Rep+ :cool:

Reactions: San
It is pointless to repeat all the arguments made hundredfold in other threads. Purpose of this AMA question is to get it from the horse's mouth and settle this dispute authoritatively. Please be so kind and keep this thread clean for the highly anticipated official answer. We want to concentrate on gaining new insights, not new levels of loudness from the known stances. Thank you.

It is pointless to repeat all the arguments made hundredfold in other threads. Purpose of this AMA question is to get it from the horse's mouth and settle this dispute authoritatively. Please be so kind and keep this thread clean for the highly anticipated official answer. We want to concentrate on gaining new insights, not new levels of loudness from the known stances. Thank you.

Like the nurture and nature debate. Everyone has their own view and some have very strong beliefs on the subject. Only MA has the answer, but how they give that answer will determine how long the argument will go.

Agree its pointless to repeat it thousand times.
The positions are clear and who read up in others threads will know that I am PRO Explo.

Do you really think an answer to your question will settle this disput?

There will always be pros (like me) and cons.

Personally I dont think the answer to your question will settle disput, it will just shift it to another level, as there is additional information on the topic (MAs expectations vs visible impact in game).

Its surely interesting to get that answer, but I dont think it will change anyones position in this disput.

Do you really think an answer to your question will settle this disput?
This isn't about what you or any player likes but what MA had in mind when they created it. I'd like to know their side to hopefully help us all understand better. It may turn out that you got it right, or someone else, or none of us.

This isn't about what you or any player likes but what MA had in mind when they created it. I'd like to know their side to hopefully help us all understand better. It may turn out that you got it right, or someone else, or none of us.

" what Ma had in mind when they created it"...

hmm..guess it were some awesome +k% more clicks per month as it was before explosives, also new chains with them using....makes places also for new rocket launchers etc...

and new recycle chain also with explosives ... its fast clicking for ppl who are lazy....regardless of the all other comments made in several posts and the petition...

Eddie

when-i-want-your-opinion-ill-read-it-in-your-entrails.jpg

WHY does everyone feel behooved to drop their half cent worth of guesses when they're clearly not asked.

I don't like doing this but I'm inclined to kindly ask a mod to clean up and lock this thread for the official answer. After it got the visibility it deserves, let the kids loose again. Thank you.

when-i-want-your-opinion-ill-read-it-in-your-entrails.jpg

WHY does everyone feel behooved to drop their half cent worth of guesses when they're clearly not asked.

I don't like doing this but I'm inclined to kindly ask a mod to clean up and lock this thread for the official answer. After it got the visibility it deserves, let the kids loose again. Thank you.

simple...bec you stated a question..it looked like it was addressed to all.....and if you do post and answer all kinds of post in the AMA topics thread..where NO ONE asked for your 2 cents....then...its for all...:))

and we werent introduced.to each other..so dont call me a kid...i might be older then you

Have a nice day,
Eddie

simple...bec you stated a question..it looked like it was addressed to all.....and if you do post and answer all kinds of post in the AMA topics thread..where NO ONE asked for your 2 cents....then...its for all...:))

and we werent introduced.to each other..so dont call me a kid...i might be older then you

Have a nice day,
Eddie

Seriously?

Its in the AMA section, so its a question to MA not to the comunity.

I totally understand Sans reaction.

He dont want another thread 200+ pages with posts what comunity thinks, he wants an answer from MA.

Beside that, I want that answer too, although I am 100% sure it wont change my mindset about Explo.

Subscribing, would love to know more about MA's thought process!

Seriously?

Its in the AMA section, so its a question to MA not to the comunity.

I totally understand Sans reaction.

He dont want another thread 200+ pages with posts what comunity thinks, he wants an answer from MA.

Beside that, I want that answer too, although I am 100% sure it wont change my mindset about Explo.

maybe yes, i shouldnt have answered,...but he could have been more polite...i was at start..

and i read almost all from ama ....ofc we all want precise and more detailed anwers but i srsly dont think you will get a real precise answer to this topic from ma..

and in all ama topics..ppl answered the answer from ma and put also add things to it....so for me it was ok writing in there...

my posts dont want to offend anyone , if i did....i apologize then..

Eddie

hi

bump

is there any point this being bumped if it will NEVER get replied to? they said next week and its been? :) …/?? any point:girl:

There is as a reminder that many of us check this thread daily waiting for a reply.

There is as a reminder that many of us check this thread daily waiting for a reply.

And you'll continue to wait likely. Still plenty of ask mindark threads on e.f. that folks used to watch answers for and additional promised responses to that never came...

Thanks for all the bumps. Yes I'm very much still interested in this answer, too. I appreciate recent game developments were a lot of work but hopefully life in the office is back to normal again and there is breathing space to tie up lose ends such as this one before the summer break.

Thanks for all the bumps. Yes I'm very much still interested in this answer, too. I appreciate recent game developments were a lot of work but hopefully life in the office is back to normal again and there is breathing space to tie up lose ends such as this one before the summer break.

Why does MA's rational matter?

The only reason you can be asking this question is because you don't want them here. Or more likely, you blame EPs on market prices of ores/enmatters. I'm not going to go into all the reasons why EP are not to blame, done this in the other threads. (But remove EP and crafting will be even more dead than before)

So, why does MA's rational matter to you?

Rgds

Ace

Why does MA's rational matter?

The only reason you can be asking this question is because you don't want them here. Or more likely, you blame EPs on market prices of ores/enmatters. I'm not going to go into all the reasons why EP are not to blame, done this in the other threads. (But remove EP and crafting will be even more dead than before)

So, why does MA's rational matter to you?

Rgds

Ace

I resent that. I don't subscribe to this line of thought you insinuate. There is no need to second-guess me, my motivation is clearly laid out. And again, this discussion does not belong in this thread.

I don't think you get an answer either or at least true reason maybe something vague as it will no doubt expose internal workings mining. Just a hunch but id assume they done it to stabilise prices and more easy management long term.

Back