When will Space be fixed

Sionkiewicz

Prowler
Society
General - NBK Army
Brendan Slick Gould
There have been many promises made by MA around space and none of them have come true. Missions have been a rumor for a long time. Gun ranges on space ships are all messed up. Still no mining in space and hunting anything in space is a huge gamble because loot is just so bad out there.

When will MA come thru and resolve the large issues in space?

Development of space in Entropia Universe has certainly progressed much slower than we have wished or anticipated in the past, which led to premature announcement surrounding potential space features or other design plans.

We understand that this has led to frustration within the community, and we apologize for that.

At the same, we want to avoid making similar mistake by revealing plans before we are certain that they will be implemented in a certain way. As with all of our design decision, it always comes down to a question of allocating our limited resources and manpower to the most important projects that benefit the greatest number of participants.

Development of space in Entropia Universe has certainly progressed much slower than we have wished or anticipated in the past, which led to premature announcement surrounding potential space features or other design plans.

We understand that this has led to frustration within the community, and we apologize for that.

At the same, we want to avoid making similar mistake by revealing plans before we are certain that they will be implemented in a certain way. As with all of our design decision, it always comes down to a question of allocating our limited resources and manpower to the most important projects that benefit the greatest number of participants.

The area of the game with the largest amount of time and money invest, but with the lease amount of attention and functionality, is Space.

This is the best post imo of AMA session, and possibly the most honest in PE/EU's history? Not to mention first true apology?

I'm stumped, thank you. Some faith restored at least for me. :ahh: I hope it wasn't the beer talking though, and that you guys continue to being as honest/direct as you guys can moving forward.

I am not entirely sure that it is understood how many Entropians have or would have an interest in space if there was more up there to do, and the bugs it has are fixed.
A very few ships out of dozens are fully active, but they each have large crews and regular visitors for skilling/hunting or travel. Then there are the independent users, as well as those that don't like space as it is, or got bored with it because of the immense delay in development. TBH I would bet a majority of players would be interested and participate if they felt there was something worth making the effort.
This is a vast untapped resource not only for players, but for cash turnover for MA. and another aspect which if done well could attract new players too

Awesome. +Rep.( I need to spread bla bla) ...Do keep this spirit and i can see better days for EU already.

This is the best post imo of AMA session, and possibly the most honest in PE/EU's history? Not to mention first true apology?

I'm stumped, thank you. Some faith restored at least for me. :ahh: I hope it wasn't the beer talking though, and that you guys continue to being as honest/direct as you guys can moving forward.

So true :)

The area of the game with the largest amount of time and money invest, but with the lease amount of attention and functionality, is Space.

It is neither the area of the game with the largest amount of time or money spent. It is however the largest area of the game. With least amount of attention and functionality. Also the lowest development/pedspent ratio which definitely needs to improve.

Reactions: Geo
Space is a massively untapped resource of revenue for MA .
So much could be done up there to create more activity ,ped spending and fun.

Please dont leave it till 2020 or later , lets get it done , if you dont have the resources I am sure there are many space knowledgeable players who can help with this ;)

Please dont leave it till 2020 or later , lets get it done , if you dont have the resources I am sure there are many space knowledgeable players who can help with this ;)

It can't be that you don't have the resources - there are mob and mob density improvements you could make in almost a jiffy and probably get this past the balancing team quickly as well. Any area of space not on a main space lane really - we can warp - a high power mob area and an area of ship side-tickling-tentacle density for several gunners at a time...
When other improvements come, then if the temporary areas don't fit, no problem. Just give them to us for whatever timeframe ... :)

It is neither the area of the game with the largest amount of time or money spent. It is however the largest area of the game. With least amount of attention and functionality. Also the lowest development/pedspent ratio which definitely needs to improve.

For the amount players have invested and spend in space, it has had the lease attention. That being none..
Not that it is the largest amount, but rather in relation. :)

Last edited:

Same thing we've been fed for years... and we haven't even gotten friggin missions for space mobs, even fresh new PP's get basic missions.

new camera system and keybindings though, ya thats really gunna improve the game more then enhancing existing content *sarcasm*:dunce:

Last edited:
It can't be that you don't have the resources - there are mob and mob density improvements you could make in almost a jiffy and probably get this past the balancing team quickly as well. Any area of space not on a main space lane really - we can warp - a high power mob area and an area of ship side-tickling-tentacle density for several gunners at a time...
When other improvements come, then if the temporary areas don't fit, no problem. Just give them to us for whatever timeframe ... :)

Exactly my thoughts.

Increase spawn density is doable in no time.
Create a wave spawn in space should be doable in fairly short time aswell, all gamemechanics already exist to that.

For new mobs (Boss mobs), they could just use existing models with different stats, as they did it planetside aswell.

Iron missions for space mobs, is also a thing that really dont need much time, all gamemechanics already exist.
Just add a copy past space iron mission broker NPC to every spacestation, done!

This already would improve space a lot.

For the future and "the bigger update", there could be new mobs (actually new models), transport missions, space mining, new ships, which all needs a lot of work to implement it.
Its ok to take more time for that befor even thinking about release, as it needs to be coded and properly tested.

But the simple things that could be done in artifically no time, why not give it to us within a few weeks?

I think most of us still believe that space piracy is a massive waste of time and a poor game mechanic. Most games want to remove points that attract griefers and MA invented one for exactly that purpose.

I know the idea was there would be epic space battles causing ammo to be spent but those are very uncommon. The most common scenario, by far, is that you arrive in space and are shot down and looted but are carrying no loot for the pirates. It's 10 minutes of 100% grief for no reason. It's "why in the hell am I still playing this game?"

I be game dev in real life, and there are also other game devs and artists, play this game.
I would help to create some content, if MA would reward it in some way (Ul armor, Ul gun etc.) No need to get real money. A nice item for the effort would be nice enough.

They could offer to players, to create some 3D models, 2D textures and other things, we players maybe could build for the game. Story writers, as examples. event ideas, what ever they need and think we players maybe could help.

Remember Kevin Rudolf promotion video Event. This was in the right direction :)

I be game dev in real life, and there are also other game devs and artists, play this game.
I would help to create some content, if MA would reward it in some way (Ul armor, Ul gun etc.) No need to get real money. A nice item for the effort would be nice enough.

They could offer to players, to create some 3D models, 2D textures and other things, we players maybe could build for the game. Story writers, as examples. event ideas, what ever they need and think we players maybe could help.

Remember Kevin Rudolf promotion video Event. This was in the right direction :)

im with you on that but MA DOESN'Teven give pizza to beta testers. maybe this policy can change. i think the continuity expert would also do well to recognize the real items listing in the AH. star citizen has 3d printed objects for backers. no reason MA can't do that. hell they might even embrace the good idea and put 3d data files out to the public domain so hobbyists can print their own. this might even be the proper route to uploading the consciousness to the blockchain.

im with you on that but MA DOESN'Teven give pizza to beta testers. maybe this policy can change. i think the continuity expert would also do well to recognize the real items listing in the AH. star citizen has 3d printed objects for backers. no reason MA can't do that. hell they might even embrace the good idea and put 3d data files out to the public domain so hobbyists can print their own. this might even be the proper route to uploading the consciousness to the blockchain.

(starting to worry about Aloisius's obsession with pizza.) :lolup:

Transport missions.

Back