Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hans Penguin Black
    Society
    NBK Army

Support of linux/mac.

Some persons prefer to play eu from their linux/mac computers, using wine compatibility layer (literally win32/directx emulator), and it generally works.

We'd like to see linux as (minimally) supported platform -- just treat "wine" as "one more windows version", allowing us to officially report bugs (if any), and expecting minimal viability of game on this platform (at least basic activities playable on low/safe modes). I believe that it will be inexpensive step in right direction (all already works, but needs a little care to keep it in this state).

Each time when I depo, I am affraid if I'll be unable to log in after next Tuesday. In case if something goes wrong after VU, I'd like to expect some more creative and collaborative for crash reports, than "linux not supported, go away".

Could you please tell your future plans about that (if any)?

Right now we are not planning to support any additional platforms other than Windows.

This of course may change in the future depending on market trends, shifts in consumer electronics, etc.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the general view of linux users is highly unpopular. i share that attitude. i'm for the open source thing. i believe in privacy and that's why i hate facebook. i'm all for freedom and truth. but let me tell you something. most people could care less about personal freedom. they actually hate truth seekers.

in my opinion, there is no honor in being the same as the sheeple. to that i commend the OP. but to MA I must say this is the creative community, the one group you shouldn't shun. be with us not with the sheeple herders. and please take facebook out of the client loader at the very least.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hans Penguin Black
    Society
    NBK Army
    @Aloisius

Well, I won't trade about open vs close, or "free as free lunch" vs "free as TANSTAAFL"
    I am definitely very right in my political views, and always for free trades and property rights.

@Dennis|Mindark

Thank you for response

Would be nice, if you just pull us out from grey zone.
    We won't ask you for "real native linux port" (although it always welcomed), but just some unofficial support would be very welcomed. (look like CCP aka "EVE online" treat linux, as an example, they not provide any guarantees, but they very operative fix "not-launch-at-all" cases for non-windows users).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now we are not planning to support any additional platforms other than Windows.

This of course may change in the future depending on market trends, shifts in consumer electronics, etc.
    Does this mean an update to the Virtual Tycoon app is out of the question?

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hans Penguin Black
    Society
    NBK Army
    Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    Does this mean an update to the Virtual Tycoon app is out of the question?
    Definitely was out of my original question, is about possibility (and mainly legality, because it already works) of running normal client EU under wine in linux/mac, not about Android's "virtual tycoon".

Jim Toecutter Profit
    Society
    Dark Knights[colonel] - Apprentices
    Images

Thumbs Down

...well let's hope MA will reconsider and change their current stance, as of now I'm sharing OP's views regarding willingness to deposit etc...

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images

Here is one. Windows 7 support ends less than a year from now. The uproar will be greater than at the loss of XP.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...dows-7-support
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    As a game dev, i fully understand MA, that they only suport Windows.
    It is a pain, to take care about all the platforms, and make it working in one game.

For consols you need to support gamepad controlls.
    For mobile, you need other shaders/materials, and change other things, so it run on mobile.
    Then mobile Android is different to mobile IOS.
    Compile it for Linux is no need, about not a lot ppl use Linux, except to build Servers.

Ppl just forget some time, that this is causing a lot of work, to make it usable on every platform, and always make all the updates too, so it run on future OS versions.

I work with Unreal engine, and this engine realy support all of the platforms, inclouding VR AR etc.
    But also there, if you plan to make a game, running on all platforms, then you need to take care to all the things, and you cant use the highest window shaders, about they dont run in VR or Mobile. A lot of developing would only be about all the platforms.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    Here is one. Windows 7 support ends less than a year from now. The uproar will be greater than at the loss of XP.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...dows-7-support
    Is there a reason, why using Win7 longer? I use Win10 since we got it, and i never would change back to Win7. Or install Win7 at a fresh system. I also never had any problems with Win10.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast