Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a reason, why using Win7 longer?
    Yes, but discussing it here will be another exercise in utter futility. Nobody is going to win over anyone from the other camp.

I merely pointed out above that there is a greater potential for protest than last time, which constitutes a trend, which they said they might take into consideration.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    Right now we are not planning to support any additional platforms other than Windows.

This of course may change in the future depending on market trends, shifts in consumer electronics, etc.
    So all this changes to camera and UI are not for VR/Console Platform made? Do you think we do not have a brain? All this new camera system, placing of windows etc. is developed to make this game work on a console or VR system because the controls/UI you are forcing on us is not really usable for Keyboard/Mouse interface. It is here to create motion sickness on your Computer users.
    Dont hunt/mine on taxed LA's it will hurt you in the long run.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    Right now we are not planning to support any additional platforms other than Windows.

This of course may change in the future depending on market trends, shifts in consumer electronics, etc.
    I'm not interested in buying Windows just to run some particular game. Of course I'm not interested in buying Windows for any other reason either, but with games it's just so darned easy to find some that work on Linux... usually better than they work on Windows
    But what do I know, I'm only a former depositor with a spend-on-fun playstyle

At another tangent though, I have to say, running on Debian Stable Linux with the latest always-up-to-date version of Wine-Staging, there are only two ways in which Entropia's performance falls short of its Windows 10 example:
    (1) Needs about 2G more ram which is eaten by the emulator (nothing we can do about that);
    (2) Waypoints in chat all appear as unclickable [], no numbers shown (the fault of Wine, and there is probably an obscure setting that can fix it which I've not yet discovered... I've offered to become an AppDB maintainer for Entropia on Wine, in which case I can send an appropriate suggestion the appropriate direction shortly after I update the introductory summary text about the game).
    Cheers mates

[PS] As mentioned in the post directly above this one, vu16's purpose is quite transparent (to move to VR, console, or possibly just phone in the recent footsteps of several more-successful games). Don't worry, I'm not any more likely to switch to those technologies than I am to buy Windows just for a game - gaming over a phone is just not comfortable nor immersive enough to satisfy, and the other two have even less to motivate me to move from the crisp immersion and ease of control that a computer can offer. Nothing against those who do, just please leave enough handy features in the game that it's decent on a computer!

[PPS to Hans b/c I can't +rep him anymore just yet] Android's OS is a fairly ordinary branch of Linux.
    Last edited by Lefty; 03-11-2019 at 07:53.
    .... just one man's opinion

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    At another tangent though, I have to say, running on Debian Stable Linux with the latest always-up-to-date version of Wine-Staging, there are only two ways in which Entropia's performance falls short of its Windows 10 example:
    (1) Needs about 2G more ram which is eaten by the emulator (nothing we can do about that);
    (2) Waypoints in chat all appear as unclickable [], no numbers shown (the fault of Wine, and there is probably an obscure setting that can fix it which I've not yet discovered... I've offered to become an AppDB maintainer for Entropia on Wine, in which case I can send an appropriate suggestion the appropriate direction shortly after I update the introductory summary text about the game).
    Cheers mates
    3) The in-game screenshot isn't working, produces only a black picture. I'd tag this as "won't fix" though since the print screen key is captured by the OS anyway (at least in my distro) and does the same thing, although I get a file save dialog and have to enter a name. But this should be easy to automate if someone hasn't done it already and published another plugin (haven't searched for one yet).

Another thing in context, I installed the whole shebang via PlayOnLinux and upon choosing Entropia I got wine-staging 2.13, not the latest version. Before spending time investigating, can someone say quickly whether it's worth pursuing?
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2