Q1: Limited Blueprints relating to farm

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
I own a farm. I spent more than 30k buying and then leveling that farm up.
I used to make some neat weapons from the items on that expensive farm, but there are no more blueprint drops for those weapons anymore. And so my farm is useless.

We used to have those farm adapted ISIS, some burn over time (Isis ALR.3Li) weapons (L) prints, the Omegatrek P series, Eraktor series, Laserfaust, And all I see anymore are Armatrix.

That example is just weapons on Caly, the problem exists in all categories of crafting.

The question,

It seems we lost the ability to loot old weapon blueprints ( above as example) at the expense of Armatrix blueprints. It also seems there a cap on the number of (L) blueprints that you are able to distribute at any time. (correct me if I am wrong)

Are there any plans to address/re-balance this problem with hundreds of prints that either no longer drop, or have components that no longer drop, including farm based prints?

If there are plans, are there any limitations you have with the system (like a set number of (L) at any given time) to prevent that from happening, and If you have the time quickly, does Armatrix affect planet partner (L) print drop rates as well?

Thanks in advance

Magnus Eriksson:

I’m not quite sure what you are referring to with the ‘farm’ metaphor, but I will try to answer this way:
Blueprints for obsolete items are at times intentionally removed from the Universe, since those items no longer fit the balancing team’s plans for the evolution of the economy.

Magnus Eriksson:

I’m not quite sure what you are referring to with the ‘farm’ metaphor, but I will try to answer this way:
Blueprints for obsolete items are at times intentionally removed from the Universe, since those items no longer fit the balancing team’s plans for the evolution of the economy.

That's crazy. Why people should bother to invest in rare blueprints then? You never know when you guys decide to pull the plug on it. Freaks me out big time and I'm not even a crafter. I take it the same applies for all loot in general (for all items) in-game, not just crafting per say?

Magnus Eriksson:

forgo is talking about gardening and the Adapted Isis gun BPs which use the Transgen Fruits that are no longer dropping...

Magnus Eriksson:

Yikes.... Sounds like the land plots were abandoned so long ago that the current administration doesn't even know they still exist.

Yikes.... Sounds like the land plots were abandoned so long ago that the current administration doesn't even know they still exist.

saying the same thing about the persistent universe idea...and i'm also voting up for player collaboration to help solve all these issues and more. congratz to the dev team for starting down this very road... when we are able to help and our contributions actually make a difference ... i can't wait to see what a great universe this will be

That's crazy. Why people should bother to invest in rare blueprints then? You never know when you guys decide to pull the plug on it. Freaks me out big time and I'm not even a crafter. I take it the same applies for all loot in general (for all items) in-game, not just crafting per say?

As I understand it, its removed from loot not removed from the inventorys.

So if you bought a BP you will have it as long you dont sell it.
If you sell it to someone else, this player got it and it will still exist untill someone got the idea to TT it, then it is gone.

One example may be the Metallic Bone Replacement BP, I know Auktuma got one of it, but it did not drop since more than 10 years or so, speak very likely removed from loot but still exists in Auktumas book.

For L BPs removed from loot it means it will be gone as soon all attempts are used up.

If it is an L BP thats uses an resource exclusivly, speak no other BP uses that resource, the removing of that L BP from loot make this resource obsolete. Thats the issue gardeners have atm, as no more BPs drop their gardening product is obsolete.

It also works the other way around, as someone at MA office decided that generic components should be removed from loot, which made nearly all BPs in weapons book 2 obsolete as this cant be crafted without that generic components.

Thats a thing that really sucks, and I had my question especially about that issue (generic components) with an unsatisfying answer, which made MA officials look like they dont even know what I am talking about!
Sad but true!

Magnus Eriksson:

Wow, just wow...
if those items no longer fit the balancing team's plan, then just rebalance the items & BPs..
The rebalancing should be way cheaper & faster to develop than developing new items & BPs from 0...

Seems perhaps the new leadership may be inheriting a mess they're sorting out...they may apparently not even know their own beast completely, though they seem to be organized now to deal with this. Let's hope for the best...

Back