Jetsina - question1 - fort-style events

jetsina

Elite
Some years ago fort events were quite popular but had a few issues which slowly caused people to stop taking part - and thus stopped them from even being organised as there was a booking fee. This was then a downward spiral, as seems to be a common problem for introduced content.

Since then there has been the introduction of instances in various forms (Mayhem events using them, caves etc.). The Marcimex caves allow players to upgrade the mobs level by level even.

Question: Are there plans to merge already-existing features to create some new flexible, fun and cheap pvp teamed gameplay once more which may even be accessible globally from anywhere in the universe/planets or limited in some way to wormhole access points for space events, etc?
Could players maybe do some of their own event designing from a basic set of building blocks (rooms already virtually created) and linked by placeable/settable local teleporters, as the event forts already have, for example?

In the short term we have no such implementation plans.

However your suggestions are good ones, and we have discussed somewhat similar design ideas in the past.

i would like to take this opportunity to point out that the whole idea of project entropia was of a persistent universe. the antithesis of instances. and i despise instances because of that. if it doesn't matter to the devs any more then there's nothing stopping a complete rebuild of the game engine because the original premise has been long forgotten. and there's lots of limitations in the original premise. i am all for a complete rebuild and it's the only thing that makes sense to optimise the game and bring it into current levels of acceptability. and for all that matters if its not gonna change ... then we might as well stop cold turkey right now.

Ok, thanks for the answer - it was a shot in the dark as to what you might be doing or considering...

... the whole idea of project entropia was of a persistent universe. the antithesis of instances. and i despise instances because of that.
despise? For me it's about going places and enabling content. I feel a mix is fine - it doesn't have to be seamless and all under the same framework on the platform side, but thanks for the comment.

Back