Question: Questions..questions

Thorns Rose

Elite
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
New York Rose
I have a few hunting questions I was curious about.
I know possibly these questions have been answered somewhere, I just can't find the exact answers for them:

#1. If you are in a 2 person team hunting will the person with higher animal/robot looter profession get the more preferred loot?

#2. Does it matter when in team of using a higher gun anymore or is it more skill based?

#3. When hunting, if you are in team do you still get points toward the mission for same mob and how does that shake out?

Thank You in advance.

#1. If you are in a 2 person team hunting will the person with higher animal/robot looter profession get the more preferred loot?

Didn't MA state it's the "looter" that determines loot. That kind of throws up lots of queries if one of the team decides to use an autoloot pill.

Ask someone on shared that get big ESI's with much lower looter skill levels...smiles.

#2. Does it matter when in team of using a higher gun anymore or is it more skill based?

Many big hunters believe in finding equal damage setup when in teams as best as possible. There're reasons for this and if I'm allowed to speculate it's becasue it's easier for the system to drop bigger loots that are fair and more balanced in that team. Otherwise the system might create opportunities like killing a member to then drop a balanced loot.

#3. When hunting, if you are in team do you still get points toward the mission for same mob and how does that shake out?

Yes. The team member with the most damage on each mob gets the mission point. One reason many players do the Rex shared with big guns.

Rick

Didn't MA state it's the "looter" that determines loot. That kind of throws up lots of queries if one of the team decides to use an autoloot pill.

Ask someone on shared that get big ESI's with much lower looter skill levels...smiles.

Many big hunters believe in finding equal damage setup when in teams as best as possible. There're reasons for this and if I'm allowed to speculate it's becasue it's easier for the system to drop bigger loots that are fair and more balanced in that team. Otherwise the system might create opportunities like killing a member to then drop a balanced loot.

Yes. The team member with the most damage on each mob gets the mission point. One reason many players do the Rex shared with big guns.

Rick

Thank you.

That brings up another question, there are 2 choices when making a team. If you choose the 'shared' option and not looter takes all option ( used to have more choices when making a team back when), you are saying if someone is taking a loot pill or better ring/buff, that person is the loot distribution deciding factor? What if both have taken a loot pill?

Also, if I am understanding correctly, you are saying animal/robot looting profession skill in avatar plays no part in the equation?

Last edited:

STOP IT FFS

This is exactly what Una was talking about on the other thread. You answer people's questions like this despite the fact that you know absolutely fuck all about any of it. None of what you have said here is true. It's made up bullshit that you have no evidence for whatsoever, you're just spouting utter shit. Do not listen to this man.

Rick

In this case, however, he's partly (accidentally) correct, at least in the past - the team member who did the most damage used to get the mission point. In Loot 2.0 has it possibly changed to the one that spends the most? I don't know, but that would fit in with the new system. It might be something worth testing, if no-one has already (though it doesn't have any great significance).

He's talking shit about the big guns though. People use big guns to get more of the loot, or because they always use big guns. No-one is grinding shared Rex for mission points.

Back