Question: Starkiller's Questions

Starkiller

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
Greetings Mindark Officials, Planet Partner Officials and other game participants reading this thread,

Here is my first question to the responsibles for answering in hopes of receiving the respecting answer :) (one can only dream you guys can get enough time to read up and answer):

Question Nr. 1:
Is anything planned to improve the Beautician profession (Body Sculpting, Face Sculpting and Hair Stylist) at various levels of complexity (more unlocks, better controls, etc)?

I am asking this because I really enjoy this profession (started it as a business from 0 skills and a handful of ped, and am still skilling on my limited free time) and so far I have to say it has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have had ingame at a social level specificaly, since people seem to really like the mood I set for them while working on their avatar's, and it's the one profession ingame that is sure to deliver the desired goal for each individual, generating really high happiness to the playerbase!

I have however, taken the time to write and submit reports to the technical teams through your website, and thus am taking this opportunity to write them down on the forums for all to see and maybe agree/disagree upon and for whoever manages to read it all, to answer and take them into account perhaps.

I do consider them quite the necessity as they will improve the system greatly for both the beautician and the client that comes to us! So here goes:

Primary Suggestions
  1. Create a change history for the procedures:
    It is very annoying for both the beautician and the client, that whenever a procedure fails, he has to redo the whole changes from scratch, which sometimes makes people not want to continue the said procedure out of boredom;
  2. Create a Success / Failure / Partial Failure Message:
    In junction with the previous suggestion, the current message for the application of the procedure is very vague, and useless, as some changes are not directly visible at times by either the client or the beautician. This could be corrected with customizing the message a bit better to reflect the status of the procedure so we can see if it was fully applied or not;
  3. Allow changes to remain after procedure application:
    To complete the previous suggestions regarding the procedure history, you should find a way to save the changes done, in case the procedure fails, so as to when restarting it, the client doesn't have to go through all the options of the procedure. Some of these have quite a lot of sliders to attend to, and make it a very frustrating action everytime it fails.

Secondary Suggestions
  • Increase the drop rate on some materials:
    Some materials are just being easily manipulated on the auction house, simply due to their lack of drops, as most people simply T.T. the materials for the most part of their hunts. Could be corrected by increasing the drop rates slightly, even considering the balance in loot values and everything else, but at the end of the day, it would imply more auction movement and beautician procedures, which is basicaly decay for the system since this is the only profession with 0 TT return ingame (which most people do not know);
  • Allow live changes feedback on the procedures:
    It is somewhat of an inconvenience more than anything and I only added this for convenience, It's easier to control the procedure if both client and beautician are seeing the changes each makes without clicking on buttons and allows the client to maybe even see a better option meanwhile and write it down, making the "downtime" smaller for the procedures as a whole;
  • Create a change ticker for each section:
    It is very annoying and time consuming (specially at face sculpting) to find out which changes the customer has done on his features, leaving me, the supplier, at the mercy of the client's good will to report his changes accordingly or force me to take several minutes to confirm each slider. This would be a very welcome adition.

I certainly hope you take these into consideration, as they are in great need in the beauty system to make it optimized :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread but I hope you do take the time to read it all and provide me with an answer.

Best regards,

Last edited:
Thanks for your interesting and creative suggestions, we will keep them in mind.

There are many aspects of Entropia Universe that we would like to improve. The issue, as for any company or project, is to decide how best to prioritize those improvements.

We feel that it makes sense to focus on improvements that benefit the largest number of participants, which can also be implemented within a reasonable timeframe. One good example of that is the Camera & Control system, which is in the late stages of development and will be released soon.

Back