Bonnie Q2 - Living in space

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
We want spaceships to be fun, not just for one gunner but the whole crew

Back in the day repair crews would click 0.0, now some create damage from a mob with no intention of hunting it, resulting in huge ships doing not very much!

Would it be possible to introduce more fun things to do whilst on the interior of a ship?

Having a crew not just of repairs, guns and pilot - but navigators, mechanics, scientists, etc
Examples -
  • Propulsion could get damaged when going at high speed, guns could be damaged from over heating. All needing crew to find the damage and repair it.
  • Ship specific componants could be crafted on board.
  • Space Mob DNA collected and mutated on board in a key style event.
  • Helping with navigaiton at the command centre, better navigation scores making the ship move faster or land more accurately.
  • Even Mini games could be introduced. Like activate the pool table in crew lounge :)

Going out of ship for repair :) being aimable by other ship during repair.

I hope the sheer number of Space AMA threads have shown how much space means to the player base, and I truly look forward to some new developments.

I disagree however that only things were the majority of players hang out should prioritised. I appreciate you need to please as many people as possible with every development, but it’s a race to the bottom focusing on places where most players already are. Build it and they will come!

People love space, and love spending money there. There’s a few small things that can be done to bring people (and their money) there in droves.

Space is an integral part of the universe and our home :)

[*]Even Mini games could be introduced. Like activate the pool table in crew lounge :)

I thought about this idea. but for appartments. Give them more use or maybe like in the star wars movie with the moving chess game lol

People love space, and love spending money there.

I would put this in a more differentiated way, since in the current state of space this is simply not true, or rather, it's a minority you have chosen to join that thrives on it. Most hate the guts of it and just want to cross with spending as little as possible, or avoid it altogether. If space was as interesting and offered a similarly rewarding experience and cost to play as a planet, only then will it become true. Hence it's a goal rather than a premise. I can't see this happening with only small fixes or some mobs here and there. Entropia Universe Space, to whichever extent it was once conceived, is stuck not even in beta but in alpha state and awaits a bigger commitment to complete. Henrik is aware of this, and we don't know how far their vision of a solution is developed so far. I had summarized my take here and would like to seize the opportunity to offer it to the renewed attention of the management:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?291102-YASP-v-2-(Yet-Another-Space-Proposal)

I would put this in a more differentiated way, since in the current state of space this is simply not true, or rather, it's a minority you have chosen to join that thrives on it. Most hate the guts of it and just want to cross with spending as little as possible, or avoid it altogether. If space was as interesting and offered a similarly rewarding experience and cost to play as a planet, only then will it become true. Hence it's a goal rather than a premise. I can't see this happening with only small fixes or some mobs here and there. Entropia Universe Space, to whichever extent it was once conceived, is stuck not even in beta but in alpha state and awaits a bigger commitment to complete. Henrik is aware of this, and we don't know how far their vision of a solution is developed so far. I had summarized my take here and would like to seize the opportunity to offer it to the renewed attention of the management:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?291102-YASP-v-2-(Yet-Another-Space-Proposal)

What Alaina and you are saying are no contraries, she is talking about those who already love space, those who already invested in space (100+players of which invested 5-10k+dollars each in ships and upgrades), as well as those who in general love space games (of which one recently has seen crowdfunding of close to 200million dollar by over a million people) while you are talking mainly about existing planetside players who adjusted their gameplay to the deficiencies of space so they can pass through with as little parttaking as possible.

A game that wants to be successfull has to always aim for expanding its playerbase, when you shrink your ambition to only please the majority of your existing playerbase even they will loose the excitement for the game over time as you unavoidably cater to a more and more narrow audience with more and more defined expectations.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that minor fixes will change everything, nor that space does not require lots of work. But in the shorter term, rather than ignoring the issues under the catagory of “Not popular enough to address” fixing or implementing issues very soon that require less man power than a huge overhaul, issues that once fixed will be highly benifical, is surely not too much of an ask?

On the second point, to look at it another way, people love space currently in spite of its flaws. Imagine how many more would also if the issues were addressed.

A game that wants to be successfull has to always aim for expanding its playerbase, when you shrink your ambition to only please the majority of your existing playerbase even they will loose the excitement for the game over time as you unavoidably cater to a more and more narrow audience with more and more defined expectations.

You could say this about alot of areas in the game. Pets (stables), PVP, Land areas, land plots etc. I think this is why alot of anwers was they do know about it, it is not currently at the top of our priority list. We know they do strugle to get new content out and has been busy doing side projects, hopefuly that has ended now. Dont get me wrong i think space should be something on the priorty list, as you guys invested in that stuff and its far over due with promises. Like they said thou, they should of not of said those things back then. They all seem to have raging hardon over this new camra system, that makes me wonder what they got planned for it in the future.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that minor fixes will change everything, nor that space does not require lots of work. But in the shorter term, rather than ignoring the issues under the catagory of “Not popular enough to address” fixing or implementing issues very soon that require less man power than a huge overhaul, issues that once fixed will be highly benifical, is surely not too much of an ask?

On the second point, to look at it another way, people love space currently in spite of its flaws. Imagine how many more would also if the issues were addressed.

I sure don't love it now, and while this is subjective, it's the sentiment I get from many contacts also. I don't mean to say that I think you're entirely wrong, and I'm usually an advocate for putting out small fixes and improvements (Kaizen approach) which often go a long way to pacifying over the big and hard-to-solve issues. But 1) it's always tempting to leave it at that and push the real work forever further back, and 2) in the case of Space my opinion is that pretty much all of it is "too little, too late". Therefore my suggestion has at its center the call to settle the premise and big vision first before delving into detail again since the outcome may be a different vision from the original one many years ago. As a result, also your life in it should be greatly enriched over what it is now.

You could say this about alot of areas in the game. Pets (stables), PVP, Land areas, land plots etc. I think this is why alot of anwers was they do know about it, it is not currently at the top of our priority list. We know they do strugle to get new content out and has been busy doing side projects, hopefuly that has ended now. Dont get me wrong i think space should be something on the priorty list, as you guys invested in that stuff and its far over due with promises. Like they said thou, they should of not of said those things back then. They all seem to have raging hardon over this new camra system, that makes me wonder what they got planned for it in the future.

If they would give every game area where they have a revenue stream a part of the revenue as budget and someone to manage it efficiently even if its parttime (a project manager can manage hundreds of aspects, it doesnt have to be a full time high payed job) - we would see an awfull lot of areas progressing and accelerate in progression as they attract more participants.
If you take revenue from one stream and use it for other things for 8years thats not good for any game (in the case of space revenue of over a million dollars wasnt used for space development).
I just hope that with current management we will see a reinvest of revenue in progress for areas that have earned that revenue and continue to earn it.
The reason arkadia couldnt sell those firebirds and mindark couldnt sell more spaceships for a good price even if they wanted to - is because they already sold so many ships without delivering the content that was promised as part of the sale.
Deliver the content and Mindark could sell more spaceships for several million dollars of quick revenue easily - as there is plenty of entropia players who do have accounts in other games and would spread the word if things became alive in entropia space - not to mention can you imagine the 'hype' if a fleet of spaceships killed a lvl10000 space 'hussk' for the ath of the century ? (Normandie alone could kill lvl2000+ mobs on a daily basis) The number of space players that would come to check it out ?

If they would give every game area where they have a revenue stream a part of the revenue as budget and someone to manage it efficiently even if its parttime (a project manager can manage hundreds of aspects, it doesnt have to be a full time high payed job) - we would see an awfull lot of areas progressing and accelerate in progression as they attract more participants.
If you take revenue from one stream and use it for other things for 8years thats not good for any game (in the case of space revenue of over a million dollars wasnt used for space development).

Well this is it John they pissed the money up wall, with doomed side projects and it was EU investors that got arse !!!!!. Was not whole idea of selling CLD to go into advertising the game? We know many have lost confidence in MA when it comes to big investments in the game. When you see so many MS docked ideal at SS and pirates camping there. You could understand why so many are turned of by space.

I really do feel for you, you have spent so much money, time and effort to get space going, but MA just not doing anything about it. I have my passion in this game that i constantly trying to battle to improve. Hopefuly the new head of MA will do something, just implenting transport delivey missions. I hate flying to Caly for 5 min to put stuff in AH and then flying back.

hey all seem to have raging hardon over this new camra system, that makes me wonder what they got planned for it in the future.

I noticed this too. I can't seem to see what's wrong with the current set up

A bit like running a hotel, and your customers complain about the hard beds and smelly pool. Thinking " I know how to fix it, we will buy better TV's!"

Sure the new TV's are more modern, advanced and similar to the TV's guests expect from similar hotels, but please focus more on what matters to people.

( I hope that analogy wasn't lost!)

Deliver the content and Mindark could sell more spaceships for several million dollars of quick revenue easily - as there is plenty of entropia players who do have accounts in other games and would spread the word if things became alive in entropia space - not to mention can you imagine the 'hype' if a fleet of spaceships killed a lvl10000 space 'hussk' for the ath of the century ? (Normandie alone could kill lvl2000+ mobs on a daily basis) The number of space players that would come to check it out ?

It's why I try to post HOF threads when I can, to maybe pique some interest for those who haven't thought of hunting up there yet. The more people hunt in space, the more others will join them, but we are utterly stifled by the ridiculously low maturity, low density mobs.

+Rep I cant understand why MA suport theft.

I noticed this too. I can't seem to see what's wrong with the current set up

A bit like running a hotel, and your customers complain about the hard beds and smelly pool. Thinking " I know how to fix it, we will buy better TV's!"

Sure the new TV's are more modern, advanced and similar to the TV's guests expect from similar hotels, but please focus more on what matters to people.

( I hope that analogy wasn't lost!)

+Rep Yea better MA fix things we want then add new content. Yea they say they implement the new camera cos it will be a smother play but what about all that been broke for years..

Note to MA re space - It is easy to hide behind the excuse that you didn't make the promise but someone else did...sorry this is wrong.. if you buy a company in RL, do you sit on the pre-payments for orders (in this case sale of ships boosted by promises for space), but fail to honour the order books because someone else agreed that...ofc you don't, not if you want to stay in business.
That you are now belatedly showing signs of honouring some of the intent, if not necessarily the detail, I applaud. Life moves on, expectations and ideas change, we really don't expect anything specific..but we do expect something to show you respect us as investors, and to prove you understand the untapped trade and gameplay that EU space offers us and others.

Whether space gets upgrades (large or small) or not, there will always be those that love space, those that hate it and those that never leave planet and don't give a damn.

But until we see bug fixes for space (gun range on pathfinders for instance), increased mob spawns and maturity to improve current game play people will just get more and more disillusioned.
Put in new content.. and some of it would be remarkably simple. iron missions for example..it is not like you haven't done a few of those before :) That alone would increase space usage.

More complicated changes such as space mining will we appreciate require far greater effort and expense for you but also has the potential for far greater reward.
The list of suggestions is long:-
mining
mining ships, explosive missiles and ram scoops or remote controlled robo miners
space hub (think DS9) centre of space trading post equidistant to all planets and with own unique space crafting
hunt missions
pvp arena where quads could fight for leaderboard places rather than loot at reduced cost..with prizes to achieve, new mobs and maybe NPC fighters
I am sure I have forgotten many I have suggested before and equally sure others can contribute ideas I have missed.

With new content comes new interest - not just for existing space dogs, for existing terrestrials but also as a new exciting way to attract people to EU and increase the economy to the benefit of all

I just hope that with current management we will see a reinvest of revenue in progress for areas that have earned that revenue and continue to earn it.
The reason arkadia couldnt sell those firebirds and mindark couldnt sell more spaceships for a good price even if they wanted to - is because they already sold so many ships without delivering the content that was promised as part of the sale.

Sounds a lot like (some) governments. Using pension payments to pay for other projects, all the while the population ages and less workers pay in. We know where that ends up!

MA have told us they are careful in consideration of deployment of resources, to try to make improvements for the masses and not specific sectors, even in those sectors have invested heavily (stables too). It's all very Robin Hood, but does it encourage further investment? Particularly when would be investors see what has happened previously.

The point I made about people loving to spend money in space is summed up better by John. Space is a major attraction for many sci-fi aficionados, then all that entropia is, being established and RCE, adds to the possibilities and revenue stream. The space race IRL is on once again, with private investors and companies getting in on it. Now more than even is the time to tap into this. I also agree with the point that once people see the promised deliveries on their investment, trust increases and thus does more investment.

Last edited:
Back