Q1: One about content, and fun (remember that?)

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
I suppose I should make an attempt to engage in this, as I do have things I'd like to ask.

Is there a reason why planet content updates, and particularly Calypso ones, have been so minimal recently? Other than the thoroughly underwhelming and ill-thought-out Arkadia Moon, there's been basically nothing for 2 years or so. On Calypso we've had the Neomex Cave and some tweaks to the wave events, nothing else at all. More widely we've had big structural changes to the Mayhem events, but the actual content of that is very generic and unengaging, with seemingly little effort put into it.

There have been some very significant platform updates in the meantime, but nothing to do. We need things to do. New areas, new missions, new things to explore. Where are they? Where are the new things to do?

Last edited:
Justin Sorrell:

Our development team was focused on big structural changes and design for the Mayhem events, as well as the release of Loot 2.0 along with general stability improvement for the client and platform.

Now with those projects in place our team will have more time for content development. We have also added more resources to the content team and this is something you will notice in 2019.

Justin Sorrell:

Our development team was focused on big structural changes and design for the Mayhem events, as well as the release of Loot 2.0 along with general stability improvement for the client and platform.

Now with those projects in place our team will have more time for content development. We have also added more resources to the content team and this is something you will notice in 2019.

Great to hear, thanks for the answer and I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Content is my biggest problem also. But it just isn't about quantity and quality it's how it all works together with gameplay and economy and progression. In a nut shell though me and my wife used to deposit 200 PED a month and split it. We would play a couple hours a day even, and that money would last the month and we would have fun. Enough fun to want to deposit again. Now we deposit 200 PED it lasts us a couple hours and we don't log in again for months.

The fact is as you progress it seems your spending has to increase. Sure I can hunt snables with an opolo for ever on 100 PED a month but why would I want to continue to play.

The other problem is you feel like an idiot not using limited items and the game just ended up costing to much with having to put out the money for a gun and ammo. Limited items should have been according to uses not tt value the economy would work better. Not to mention the time it takes to find and buy the gun. You just don't log in cause you spend more time trying to figure out how to play and only loose all your PED in one night of play.

To me the real problem is progression, and how you get to a point that the game is just not worth the cost of playing.

But without a drastic change to crafting and how limited items work there will never be improvement and the player base will forever stay small. Because of every gambler you keep 100+ players will quit.

Back