Q2: Product Positioning

LuckyColonist

Mature
Many of us in this community want Entropia Universe succeed with vibrant economy. We would love to see more active players in-game.

What is Entropia Universe product market positioning? Are you targeting the mass market or premium market? What is your plan to increase the player base and most importantly what you plan to do for player retention, especially retention of mid-level players that finds cost to play too expensive for them to continue?

Given its unique real-cash economy, the Entropia Universe virtual universe concept is understandably somewhat limited in appeal (at least as compared to the mass market audience you mention). We make every effort to refine our marketing endeavours to target audiences that are potentially receptive to the unique Entropia Universe experience.

Over the past several years we have put a lot of focus on new participant conversion and retention, and have made lots of progress in those areas. With that being said, there is always more that can be done, and we will continue to focus on improving new participant conversion and retention in the future. This includes continually adding interesting and engrossing new content for existing participants.

One indication of the effect of those efforts is that we recently broke the record for the number of simultaneous online participants, and we have a very good mid-long term user retention rate compared to other games in the sector.

Given its unique real-cash economy, the Entropia Universe virtual universe concept is understandably somewhat limited in appeal (at least as compared to the mass market audience you mention). We make every effort to refine our marketing endeavours to target audiences that are potentially receptive to the unique Entropia Universe experience.

Over the past several years we have put a lot of focus on new participant conversion and retention, and have made lots of progress in those areas. With that being said, there is always more that can be done, and we will continue to focus on improving new participant conversion and retention in the future. This includes continually adding interesting and engrossing new content for existing participants.

One indication of the effect of those efforts is that we recently broke the record for the number of simultaneous online participants, and we have a very good mid-long term user retention rate compared to other games in the sector.

Care to share details on this such as date, time and number of participants? Would be nice to get a feel for the pulse of how popular the game is these days with an official statistic.

Thanks

One indication of the effect of those efforts is that we recently broke the record for the number of simultaneous online participants
Would you care to share this record?

Is it the top record all time i.e since Project Entropia was born?

Don't leave us hanging after saying something awesome as that, please. :eyecrazy:

Would you care to share this record?

Is it the top record all time i.e since Project Entropia was born?

Don't leave us hanging after saying something awesome as that, please. :eyecrazy:

With no respond, i think and feel it is about 250 players on all planets (online to same time).

With no respond, i think and feel it is about 250 players on all planets (online to same time).

Oh its definitely way over that. Back when the player register was new you could sort by active players and see everybody online. Active user count I believe at the time was 400-500

It seems to me you folks are severely underselling the game's many other appealing aspects to yourselves, and overestimating the significance of the real cash economy. For at least some long term depositors, it's just window dressing on the rest of the game.

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your time to review and answer my question.

Your answer is very insightful and I can now appreciate where Entropia Universe is heading. Besides having the RCE aspect as an Unique Selling Proposition (USP) and new content creation for retention purpose, I believe you will need a vibrant economy to make the experience rewarding for both the participants and MindArk. That's where you will need participants who are willing to spend say US$25-US$100 per month on entertainment by playing this game.

While It is good to focus on improving new participant conversion and retention, I hope you can go a step further to look at participant's avatar's progression from newbie to mid-level to uber level. I believe many of us are looking to level our avatars up and most will not be able to get past mid-level without spending thousands of dollars. (If we plan to spend thousands of dollars, there are many other alternatives to invest in real life than playing a RCE game). It is good that you have experience the game first hand with a new avatar and hope that you can continue to level your avatar so that you can understand the issue that the players are experiencing.

I would like take this opportunity to thank you for your leadership and many of the good efforts namely: resolving the lag issue, improve content like the Mayhem events, stable patches and last but not least customer engagement like this AMA. We are definitely heading in the right direction. Great Job!

I wish you and your team a Happy and great year ahead!

Cheers!

Players from Fornite please go out. :cool: Entropia players please stay here.. Good!. Entropia allways was more than a game. I really hope MA-CEO understands what means what he said..

Back