Spaceships

Society
The Society
Gisela Stardust Dawes
Is there any plan to introduce more models and sizes of spaceships within the game? and if so, wil there be persistant spaceships with the capability of landing in planets?
Would be nice to see this work like actual terminal centers whereever the owner decides to land them.

YAY I somehow missed this thread till now.. I cant wait for this. be soo kewl landing on planet and having hangers etc acting as airports.

I would like to see some type of Repair Spaceship or Repair attachment. Then I could go out and do quad/ sleipnir training/ space hunting. :p

I would like to see some type of Repair Spaceship or Repair attachment. Then I could go out and do quad/ sleipnir training/ space hunting. :p

As kewl as that would be I personally think updates to increase fun and the desire to use the existing larger ships should take priority. A lot of money has been invested in many of them and they just sit there. Theres more than ample large vessels for this activity.

*edit*
Ive made a few suggestions in the past that I think would be good and keep things balanced still.

1. Pilot gun on MS/priv even if its lower dps.. SOMETHING so non crewed ships can still play with theyre ships n have fun.

2. Dense mob spawns or at least a couple of them like dropships.. theyre far too far apart for a mob that only agros after you've literally smashed into it a few times.. The only thing currently dense about them is THEM themselves :). Thank god its the robots relying on them and not us and prolly why bots haven't taken over :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We do plan to ultimately add space ships within different classes and with additional functionality, but that would be part of a larger Space release.

Please refer to our earlier response regarding space development:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308683-When-will-Space-be-fixed

I have a question for you dennis. Do you honestly believe we need MORE ships when im hesitant to even say at most 10% of the current ones are even being used once monthly? We can see most of them still sitting in same place since 2012 so its no secret :)

What you guys need to be doing is brining people together not spreading us thinner. Theres soo many planets and space now and players spread soo thin that is feels very much like playing a single player game at times.

Im thinkin a HUGE space shared boss spawn.. all AOE dmg large range. hitting hard enough that youd either have to have nicely upgraded ships to survive till its dead or have repair crews repairin away during the fight while captains skill movin around and gunners blow it up.. would also be an irresistible place for pirates to show up but the aoe dmg too much for quads so they gotta come with something bigger.. opening up maybe some crossfire etc.. now your talkin some serious space action.. also some use and value to upgraded ships and desire to upgrade them! that place would be almost non-stop busy. im 97% sure :)

*edit*
could even put smaller shared bosses in each training ground that spawns randomly n u gotta find it in there and then like one big NEED EVERYONE sort of boss someplace special :)

What people do now with spaceships?

well 90% have been just parked forever.. the 10% that are active are warping clients, repair skillin and occasional space mob hunting but a lot of ship are already way over powered for the mobs that currently exist.

JLj.gif

Back