Question: Punishment

PS: I see people got dragged into the "1k ped fee" thing but that's not what OP wanted to ask at all. And by the way this thread makes you look guilty as heck. :thumbup:

No, it precisely and literally is the initially stated question. Ulterior motives are the community's addition to this thread. Whether they were present or not, we're on topic in the narrowest possible interpretation.

No, it precisely and literally is the initially stated question. Ulterior motives are the community's addition to this thread. Whether they were present or not, we're on topic in the narrowest possible interpretation.

The question right now is this:
What if MA can the official list of penalties for certain violations in the game do ?

All the posts talking specifically about the 1k ped fee, its use, modification or usability are actually off-topic. Atleast to me, but I'm not a mod and do not care in the least.

Forums are for opinions and I shared mine, you guys got dragged into it too easily when his purpose was clear as day and a very personal one too.

Disclaimer: The first post was changed, I don't know what it contained before those changes. As you can see, even Dennis got hooked into the 1k ped fee and ignored the actual question.

I think Andrey asked about penalty like for this:

-Mob trap - 1k peds
-Hunt with vehicle - 2k
-Bot hunt - 5k
-AH manipulation - 10k :laugh:

Back item in game for 1k was just as example

-Mob trap - 1k peds
-Hunt with vehicle - 2k
-Bot hunt - 5k

This seems implausible to me. The sole penalty for any of these actions which violate the TOS is a ban, temporary or permanent. Losing your item by mistake is no violation or crime. It may be a little fuzzy what one can interpret into OP's question, with or without consideration of who it is that asked and their known predicament. But there is no such thing as fines for punishment for TOS violations in Entropia, which is probably what the official answer implied.

Therefore I find it more useful to concentrate on the example given, because this indeed contains a valid question and call for remedy. We can lift most discussions to a constructive level, if we just want to.

Naming it "voluntary processing fee" is a bit more than a euphemism in my book, I find it quite cynical really. It is reasonable to ask for compensation of support time consumed for participant mistakes, but a) this charge is excessive by any standard concerning the effort caused, b) its intent was indeed punitive or as deterrent in reaction to a specific pattern of abuse, thereby causing unfair disadvantage to those who make honest mistakes, and c) the game itself creates the psychological trap which is all too easy to fall into. Details were explained already and a solution proposed which addresses this trap specifically. Maybe someone has a better idea.

I think it's worth mentioning that if the fee did not exist then players could take "loans" against the Trade Terminal which they could play around with, spend, etc, and then take back by requesting a reversal, and even if there was a limited number of freebies or something people could have their friends or alts or whatever do this process instead.

Reactions: San
It would be so easy to add a simple tick box avatar activated 'lock' on an item, so it's impossible to TT items in error. You only ever need to take the lock off if trading/selling it.

MA could even set the lock as default. There really is no excuse not to introduce something like that in a RCE economy.

If it wasn't for the tier warning on weapons, I would've accidently TT weapons using mobile TT "rushing" in timed instances. Thinking I had the repair tool open rather than TT.

It's not a fine, its a choice to pay it...Mmmmm. I don't know if its a Swedish cultural matter, but "good will" actually pays for itself over and over again. Rob and pillaging is so 700AD

Rick

It would be so easy to add a simple tick box avatar activated 'lock' on an item, so it's impossible to TT items in error. You only ever need to take the lock off if trading/selling it.

MA could even set the lock as default. There really is no excuse not to introduce something like that in a RCE economy.

Setting as default is a nono for me. Too much hassle to unlock every item. However it's true there's no excuse, except lazyness and wrong priorities on some things. They do earn money on not implementing it though and would probably lose some (but maybe would gain even more money if player trust increased more and player retention went up) there's hope though, since they have now stated they are focusing on earning back player-trust mayhap this gets bumped somewhat to their own priority list.

Not like they could get free advice by asking their playerbase who knows best and plays the game for years on what they should prioritize... :silly2:´
If they made a voting system a priority and then used said voting system to get in-game votes on what all players think they should prioritize they'd get really nice overall idea on what the players actually want, and game would improve a lot for all.

So the only purpose for this thread was to ask if you could pay your way out of a ban. The answer should be obvious, a very definitive and unequivocal NO.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but I can't deal with bullshit anymore.

PS: I see people got dragged into the "1k ped fee" thing but that's not what OP wanted to ask at all. And by the way this thread makes you look guilty as heck. :thumbup:

another freak shows his face. )))

-Mob trap - 1k peds
-Hunt with vehicle - 2k
-Bot hunt - 5k

Exactly :lolup::lolup::lolup:

Lol, Angel is a freak for saying you cant pay your way out of a ban...yet you confirm Zayka is correct in stating that's exactly what you're asking about...

Lol, Angel is a freak for saying you cant pay your way out of a ban...yet you confirm Zayka is correct in stating that's exactly what you're asking about...

don't you have a sense of humor, man ?

-Mob trap - 1k peds
-Hunt with vehicle - 2k
-Bot hunt - 5k

don't you have a sense of humor, man ?

Not sure I understand... something like this?

7B9TaNe.png

OK if you were MA, how would you handle cases where someone says they TT'd something by mistake?

(For the record, yes, the item lock is a nice idea, but obviously it doesn't match MA's goal for this Universe, because they've considered it and decided against it long ago.)
I'd reduce my own long term workload by implementing the lock.

At some point one has to decide what business one is in. In this case, is MA in the business of collecting exorbitant fees for easy misclicks? Is that a core feature of this game's concept?

Yeah, get back your item for free..
And let install a multi check for the TT and Auction...

Are you sure you want to sell this for this price ? Yes/No
Are you sure that you are sure ? Yes/No
Are you drunk ? Yes/No/Maybe

Seriously guys, stop asking to be infantilized more and more..
If you make mistakes, take responsibility for consequences.

MA has no obligation to repair our mistakes, but they do it and that's good enough.

Shall we get into the habit the sticky notes have of somehow highlighting the entire contents of a note with one click?
I would love to see this defective programming behavior remedied with a simple "undo" editing feature.
This point is relevant because it highlights how easily this game misbehaves even on the latest and greatest hardware.

I'd reduce my own long term workload by implementing the lock.

At some point one has to decide what business one is in. In this case, is MA in the business of collecting exorbitant fees for easy misclicks? Is that a core feature of this game's concept?

Mistakes can be made and corrected for a fee. I think MA is very willing with restoring value for alot of things in the game that happen based on the claim that it's outside of player influence and without having a check in place wether the player is telling the truth. This is a very costumer oriented service imo and ive experienced it multiple times.

Ofcourse its all within reasonable boundries, and since there is no fee or official statement i take all they do as a extra falling outside the scope of the mininum viable product and outside of what i can expect from them.

TT'ing pulls up a check window which u have to except. I play intoxicated and if i do i ALWAYS check multiple times what im doing at the tt terminal. And normally also scan that list a additional time. I never tt'd anything i didnt want.

Before people starting abusing MA system of free returns of TT'd items by tting High TT items with a 50% use limit to get them back at 0 tt since they spend the funds, or use the TT to take out no intrest loans that compete with the banks they introduced the fee.

And rightfully so,

Mistakes can be made and corrected for a fee. I think MA is very willing with restoring value for alot of things in the game that happen based on the claim that it's outside of player influence and without having a check in place wether the player is telling the truth. This is a very costumer oriented service imo and ive experienced it multiple times.

Ofcourse its all within reasonable boundries, and since there is no fee or official statement i take all they do as a extra falling outside the scope of the mininum viable product and outside of what i can expect from them.

TT'ing pulls up a check window which u have to except. I play intoxicated and if i do i ALWAYS check multiple times what im doing at the tt terminal. And normally also scan that list a additional time. I never tt'd anything i didnt want.

Before people starting abusing MA system of free returns of TT'd items by tting High TT items with a 50% use limit to get them back at 0 tt since they spend the funds, or use the TT to take out no intrest loans that compete with the banks they introduced the fee.

And rightfully so,

You don't have to be intoxicated to TT something. TT and repair both have similar confirmation window and if you use both terminals dozens of times per day you stop paying attention. You simply click ok button to get confirmation window away. During my time in Entropia I operated that terminals 10k+ times, made mistake 1 time - they could spare me that 1k penalty but they didn't. I agree with some fee but not 1k and also not first time. My son play World of Tanks where you can accidentally sell your tank too, and they provide free restore for first 3 times. I would like to see something like that in EU.

Also let's talk about player retention and imagine noob TTing their tt+100 gun and expected to be paid 1000ped penalty. And these noobs are most likely to make such mistake and more eager to leave as they invested less time in game than old timers. I think first x times being free is bare minimum for sake of retention + I would decrease that fee to 100ped - it's still painful but not that much.

And rightfully so,

Y'all only ever see one side of the story, and the more the loftier your position in the game is. Rightfully so to stop a certain type of abuse, but wrongfully so where it catches all those who fall over the muscle memory the game itself creates. Those are potentially lost customers but some have nothing but contempt for anyone "below" themselves. Luckily, the management has just affirmed its commitment to a different stance.

Back