Question: Messi91 - Q1

messi91

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
Hi Devs,

I have a memory of playing in internet cafes back in 2003-2004 when I first got in contact with your game.I did not register back then because everyone around were talking about thousands of $ I could not afford.
I did later in 2013 after i felt limited by playing a different MMO.I did not liked the idea of starting all over with a new expansion or new patch and everyone was equal basically destroying all the previous work with it.
I started exploring other options and I needed something that I could grind and skill up without limits and without developer to press a button and restart my work.

Question(s)
How many of you guys actually play the game and what is the level of gameplay you experience.If you play it lets say do you focus on playing it at very low level lets say level 1-level 50 or do you have bigger plans for your own game say what I should do when I reach level 150 or maybe level 250, have you considered very high end gameplay for competitive people?
Also do you believe if you would become regulars in your own game would you be successful? If so how many years it would take you?

Thanks

We share your desire for limitless avatar progression, and it is something that has been build into Entropia Universe from the beginning.

Quite a few of us at MAHQ are very active in Entropia, and some of the staff even started out as regular participants who later came to work at MindArk.

We have indeed considered ideas for introducing more content for very high-level avatars. In fact, a few items with very high skill requirements have already been implemented.

Loot 2.0 also gives us more flexibility with item and creature parameters, so look forward to some exciting new items and content in the future.

I hope that includes a Cat 11, 12, 13, 14, 15... seems pretty crowded at the top

Quite a few of us at MAHQ are very active in Entropia, and some of the staff even started out as regular participants who later came to work at MindArk.
While it really is awesome to hear that old participants were able to get work at Mindark.

It kinda freaks me out by your statement. Are you guys really allowed to play in-game with main avatars i.e non official avatars? Are you guys allowed to withdraw from game as well?

I was under the impression (for years) that any official avatar gets their main account frozen (hibernation) during the time that they are employed by MindArk. Has this been changed?

Doesn't this give you guys an unfair advantage over regular players? Since you most likely possess inside knowledge.

Last edited:
While it really is awesome to hear that old participants were able to get work at Mindark.

It kinda freaks me out by your statement. Are you guys really allowed to play in-game with main avatars i.e non official avatars? Are you guys allowed to withdraw from game as well?
Isn't that a bit unfair advantage?

When coming to work for MindArk, any existing avatar controlled by the employee is locked and cannot participate any longer.

All avatars used by MindArk employees are owned by MindArk and cannot deposit or withdraw.

When coming to work for MindArk, any existing avatar controlled by the employee is locked and cannot participate any longer.

All avatars used by MindArk employees are owned by MindArk and cannot deposit or withdraw.

Ah okay, so it was like I thought, misunderstanding on my part. Thanks for clearing that up. :ahh:

Ah okay, so it was like I thought, misunderstanding on my part. Thanks for clearing that up. :ahh:

no i got that too, sub-zero. it occurs to me that this is not a good solution. there's nothing to stop them from creating avatars or having their long lost cousin in another country from starting one on their behalf. or is there? MA employees should be REQUIRED to play, IMO because, no one is beta testing but us. temptation is not conquerable but, it can be mitigated and any mitigation must be active. no aside from that, the annoying bugs must also be experienced in order to see how bad they affect players.

occasionally on ark i have seen the devs come out and mingle with the players. not once have i seen that on caly. come play with us.

We share your desire for limitless avatar progression, and it is something that has been build into Entropia Universe from the beginning.

It was exactly what kept me pushing despite losing huge.My only goal was to reach level 100 and own an imk2.
Everything worked as intented and I hope other participants will have the same opportunity in the current 2.0

good to hear, nothing even close to the lvl 200 though so far
We have indeed considered ideas for introducing more content for very high-level avatars. In fact, a few items with very high skill requirements have already been implemented.
Loot 2.0 also gives us more flexibility with item and creature parameters, so look forward to some exciting new items and content in the future.

Does that end when an employee no longer works for Mindark?
I suppose some former employees have deep knowledge of the game mechanics.

I reckon they have a time period where their avatar continues to be locked for a year or so after leaving MindArk, in this time certain loot mechanics gets changed somewhat to prevent abuse, also guess these avatars with in depth knowledge will get lifetime chatlog monitoring and in-game monitoring on potential abuse of activities. But that can just be my paranoia, or maybe MA take the better safe than sorry scenario? Who knows, certainly not me, since I've never been an MA employee. If they could answer this, it would certainly feed my curiosity, and nice to see how far off or how close I was.

Maybe a deep knowledge of the loot mechanics doesn't make any difference...

Maybe a deep knowledge of the loot mechanics doesn't make any difference...

That :)

With a well coded loot algorythim they even could make it public and noone could have an advantage of that knowledge.

Is that why Magam only healed or looked for fruits?....:laugh: (ps: we miss him).

Now thinking about all the avas I know, who are not heavy hunters, but very friendly.

Rick

Are these rules the same for all planet partners, or do their contracts with MindArk allow for some degree of freedom in this regard?

@Dennis/MA

Any possibility you guys will reward looter skills in the new missions you come out with?

Are these rules the same for all planet partners, or do their contracts with MindArk allow for some degree of freedom in this regard?

And what about non pps such as moon owners.

You would think that a moon owner running a mothership with shared avatars might have some bit of economic effect on other mothership owners in some ways....

Or third parties such as the dev team of what was compets

Or p.p.s that are not officially a planet partner yet?

The public info out there is somewhat contradictory in a lot of ways... clarification would help a lot.

http://www.monria.com/forum/threads/gratz.4175/#post-24326

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/discussion-about-planet-partners-playing.10954/

And are all p.p. avatars frozen so they never interact with end user activities?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ering-idiot!&p=2727118&viewfull=1#post2727118
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...eeted-w-Link&p=2752545&viewfull=1#post2752545

Below is an excerpt from an email that I received from Rafael Espinosa de los Monteros Iglesias, CEO of Pyxel Arts, on June 8, 2011 (his company was in the process of becoming a planet partner at the time known as Theryon Wars ):
“Our employees are playing (and some have played for a long time) in Entropia Universe. We believe it’s important for any planet partner to do so, to check and understand other planets and players’

And... I suspect some of this contradicting and confusing conspiracy ideas due to it causes concerning issues that can and does keep some from participating more frequently....

Just read comments on older articles like this one to see the type of communication harm these contradictions lead people to assume.... http://blogtropia.blogspot.com/2007/04/resellers-scammers-leeches.html?m=1

FinkleNovember 9, 2007 at 1:45:00 PM UTC
Don't you people realize by now that it is Mindark employees doing the reselling/scamming in this game? It is Mindark alone that profits from this game. The "uber" players in the game are the ones that work for Mindark. I have noticed from the beginning how they operate. The day you download this program and get put at Port Atlantis you are immediately approached by employees of Mindark posing as old players. They shuffle you over to the sweat camp and show you how to sweat. You do that until you can't stand it anymore. Then they buy your sweat or you sell it to some other person for next to nothing, buy yourself a weapon and ammo from the trade terminal, go out and start hunting the animals, only to discover your ammo runs out and weapon breaks without you having made even 1/10 of what you need to repair them and buy more ammo. Then back to sweating, usually people who go through this cycle a couple of time will end up depositing money. The minute you do, scammers flock over and try to steal your money in some way or another. Make no mistake, there are mostly employees of mindark, they know EXACTLY when you deposit, and don't show their faces until you do. I have watched the tactics they use and see the light. The avatars you meet and put on your friend list are more times than not the SAME employee. Just watch how on your friends list two or three people seem to log out at exactly the same time. Then a minute later when their computer reboots they log back in at the same time, with a slight delay in between. Look at how the same avatars can't hold up individual conversations with you at the same time, they have a hard time trying to keep up with both conversations. I have actually seen one avatar answer a question that I asked ANOTHER avatar!! The staff of mindark sit around and create accounts all day, scam newbies, manipulate the market, get Hall of Fames to entice you to keep playing, and you are a HUGE TOOL if you play their rigged game. You are better off driving down the street tossing dollars out the window. You stand a much better chance of NOT losing your money than if you play this game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME, DON'T BE A MINDARK TOOL!!!

I don't agree with above comment but can you not see where lack of info on these types of issues could lead folks to similar assumptions?...

Last edited:
Back