Messi91 - Q2 - Botting

messi91

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
Hi Devs,

We have I would say a pretty small community and given that there is no room for someone to hunt without other noticing it.We either cross by mistake or just to check others.
The more I advanced in the game exploring other areas I found more of them.Most of them are already legendary on youtube and we can see them everyday ingame like nothing has happened.
At some point I called an official avatar to see the bot in action and instead of him collecting information about bot he logged off the bot and closed the case.

Question(s)
Do you have any system in place to detect third party software?If not when are you going to take this very seriously in consideration?
What is the general feeling when you read a report about a bot?
Do you have in place progressive bans (24h/72h/3 moths/1year etc)or just a regular few days lock out and then he can bot until the next report(s).

Thanks

We do indeed take significant measures to prevent unauthorized use of the Entropia Universe client software and services.

For security reasons, we cannot discuss our methods or enforcement actions publicly.

If you report a case of potential abuse, our support team will perform an investigation and take appropriate action. However, due to privacy issues, support cannot always inform those who make such reports the result of the investigation or what type of action was taken with regard to another account that is not your own.

I remember a few years ago they banned a famous account and even tried to only pay out TT value of the botter's gear, though I think a lawsuit forced them to put that gear on auction.

If botting is as rampant as indicated, and I'd be inclined to believe Messi, I wonder why they decided to ban that one botter and not the others.

Back