On better player retention (2/2)

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
Hello,

As everyone knows, player retention is a an aspect we all would like to see improved about the game. We all know it's a problem and I think we all should do something about it; well we, the players, have a very little impact as individuals but a lot bigger impact as a whole, as a community, as mentors to future generations.
Are there any plans to improve the mentoring system and with it maybe improve how the first few days of game are presented to the new players?

There are many things that could drastically improve and impact the first experience as a new player and especially the mentoring system. I think we need a ranking system out of which players can pick mentors; such a list would be a lot better than a list with people that had a lot of disciples because as we all know, there are players that trick newbies to get them as disciples then abandon them. Most of these newbies are potentially lost clients...
Present the new players with a list of players ranked by activity, skill, progress speed, show things that are relevant and can make players get a good idea of who they are picking as their mentors: mostly hunters, mostly miners, mostly crafter, more balanced players that have activities across all professions. I noticed you like statistics, so do we, try to implement some more statistics in the game so new players can better measure someone capability of being a mentor, other than some fancy clothes.

I'm sure you know we all would like to see you doing more advertising, I'm sure you know the community would get involved more too, if you would give us some tools. But what we can do now is trying to give the new players the information they require and better guide them with their first few steps. But we need your help with that, with better ingame mechanisms.

Thank you

Mentoring is one thing which I really love about Entropia. When I started playing I got lots of help from several avatars even though I didn’t have a specific mentor. It’s a great system, since many things are complicated for a new participants and there is a lot to learn at the beginning.

Improving the newcomer experience is a challenge for almost every company in the gaming industry. Entropia Universe can definitely be improved in that area and the mentoring system is an important aspect of that, though I cannot provide a specific timeline for any update for changes to the current mentor system.

Improving the newcomer experience is a challenge for almost every company in the gaming industry.

I cannot provide a specific timeline for any update for changes to the current mentor system.

The difference between other companies in the gaming industry and MindArk is that other companies put NPE high on their priority lists and when done right, it brings them tons of profits. You guys for now focus on selling us different kind of deeds and adjust pretty well working camera system.

In dev's corner I have posted some ideas on improving Mentor system. 90% of needed code is already in game. We can design nice and fair for all mentoring system together. I would advise you to put this issue higher on your priority list.

mindark is playing around with the npe now for years way too long now. all planet partners updated their npe with new tutorial missions etc. years ago and are still updating single items and npc today...

bloody hell please call this topic quits once and for all.

if a new player does the tutorials and has no clue what to do after then its a person who wont manage anything at all and will end up sweating or asking on facebookgroup „how can make money for free please?“.

forget it and call it quits with wasting resources on new player missions.

updating the mentor system for players who serious want to work on improving or teach others has not been done for a long time now. the system must be redone with both advantages as well as penalties for both if the performance inside the mentorship is not done correctly.

getting a disciple , handing him peds and letting him graduate with a solely huntingpedblow within 5 days to mentorgamble on the mentor reward is awesomely rubbish, utter, utter, utterly unproductive bollocks and leads to another facebook post „i blow all peds mentor gave and now mentor is gone and how can make ped for free please?“

mindark is playing around with the npe now for years way too long now. all planet partners updated their npe with new tutorial missions etc. years ago and are still updating single items and npc today...

bloody hell please call this topic quits once and for all.

if a new player does the tutorials and has no clue what to do after then its a person who wont manage anything at all and will end up sweating or asking on facebookgroup „how can make money for free please?“.

forget it and call it quits with wasting resources on new player missions.

updating the mentor system for players who serious want to work on improving or teach others has not been done for a long time now. the system must be redone with both advantages as well as penalties for both if the performance inside the mentorship is not done correctly.

getting a disciple , handing him peds and letting him graduate with a solely huntingpedblow within 5 days to mentorgamble on the mentor reward is awesomely rubbish, utter, utter, utterly unproductive bollocks and leads to another facebook post „i blow all peds mentor gave and now mentor is gone and how can make ped for free please?“

I perfectly agree with this.When i hear more new player missions I know from the start that who does them will end playing the game once free money stop pumping.
Once the new player joins #rookie or discord channels they are done.They will be at sweating level for 15 years to come. WHY? Because they don't have any real role models to inspire them.

Ask yourself why is this game after 15 years is still unknown and how those people come across this game? By bet is that most of them get in contact after they hear about the greatest sales of all time in a game.
They don't sign up because sweating is 1 cent or 20 ped/k or they collect stupid stones and pay electricity more than they gather.

Also ask yourself why does some countries don't have a community or they players are professional sweaters and fruit collectors?
In Romania we can hear good stories and we can actually meet those players.Its one thing when you meet 10 people and everyone is sharing their best experience of looting expensive items and on the other hand we have www google, how to make real money in a game , free missions, stones , trading.

Most people come and go and very few stay and its not because the game is expensive but people don't understand what are their meaning in this game

Also ask yourself why does some countries don't have a community or they players are professional sweaters and fruit collectors?

Cost to play. Entropia could open itself for other countries than US, Australia and countries of Europe.

You can consider >25,000 first world. I still bet many people from that countries would not afford to play EU on mid-level:
https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/PPPPC@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD

What with the rest of the world? What about huge markets like China, India, Nigeria, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam etc. Some people from there may play EU, that is obvious but for most of them it will always be not affordable.

Or you can keep it on cost like 5USD/hour and stay with 12k-15k active players forever.

Or you can keep it on cost like 5USD/hour and stay with 12k-15k active players forever.

EU is free to play why don't we have more players? Obviously because what you said its not true.This game had its peak when everything was fucking expensive, they loved it.The cheaper you make it people will lose interest but you will try to sell it to a large variety of playerbase and you will eventually fail.
You can choose how much you can spend in 1 hour, its entirely up to you.
As long as there are opportunities and plans cost is irrelevant, players will come up with money from various sources.
People play the game to make money, if you remove this aspect you can enjoy 1000 playerbase for the rest of your life.
Stick to what worked in the past.Reading statistics about countries and their financial capabilities means shit.
People does not register to play this game because they think ok I play this game and it only cost me 5$/hour, they do because they heard people sold asteroids for 1 million, found egg for 70k$, found unique armor for 35k$, fap for 40k$ you name it.They want to be part of this chain.
You see when you actually play the game and you are doing well, the term 5$/hour cost makes no sense because we only see opportunities and goals.Of course it makes no sense because you don't play the game.

:wise::wise: Damn, second time this morning I fully agree with everything Messi said.

Both views are one-sided. Some of the foremost Entropians come from countries like Slovenia, Lithuania, Romania, Kazakhstan, India. Some may have been privileged, but not all. It might play a role that having grown up in a harsher environment brings about people who are more hungry, success-driven than those looking back on several generations in relative security.

But for one to make money, several others have to consume. Those have to come from somewhere, too, and there the statistical economic background is more likely to determine participation capacity.

I agree with Messi. The people that love this game, have not been the people that look for free play. Because these people are usually bored in this game, either because the game have not good graphics, or because there are mistakes or because it is not very fun like other games ..

definately. a person who wants cheap play is either a person who wants entertainment without pay and will automatically choose one of the free or low cost commercial mmo or is a person who really thinks entropia is a system to get „ped for free please“ and will always end up sweating forever cause the real life education doesnt match the entropia challenge.

these are persons who want to get their brain be steered by a virtual system telling them to carry quest items from A to B. As soon the mission chain ends they have system overload cause noone tells them where to click next.

whats the beep beep sweating result after 1 hour of play? 1k sweat? sells for what? 2ped?

20 us cent for 1 hour lifetime and operational expenses of your house, power, hardware, food, drink.... bloody hell...
a plastic bottle in realife makes me get 25 cents from the return vendor machine already...

a committed non depo person who wants the entropia challenge might bite through this hard way of pain to success but is never a person who complains about cost to play. its a person who sweats until jump off from this method.

all others who just want entropia fun but not challenge are people who have the cash and dont mind or have no cash and are better off to fund their entropia gaming getting a mini job in real life for like 400 dollars per month as you can never reach that by free activity the entropia system provides.
then you have money to funblast into mobs or whatever once per month. money which you can spare to blow off in entropa cause you earned it extra for that and it doesnt effect your housekeep.

have respect for your lifetime and contribute.

mindark shall once and for all finish the npe, call the developement of the npe quits once and for all and develope the systems which are meant for people who have interest in their EU gaming and not „please ped for free“.

our money and time is wasted here on systems which are adressed at persons who are not with us but want „ped for free please.“ and all entrepreneurs who invested money on ingame items and products are freaking waiting for years now for mindark to finish promises which where connected to ingame sales...

bloody bloody bloddy fucking hell!

what an astonishing change management and customer relationship... bloody bloody bloody hell!

This game had its peak when everything was fucking expensive, they loved it.

The peak was long before you joined.

People were making money because items were often bought and sold on a month later for more.
This typically doesn't happen any more, if anything, deflation is the issue in Entropia.

It's a shame, but it's also very evident.

The difference between other companies in the gaming industry and MindArk is that other companies put NPE high on their priority lists and when done right, it brings them tons of profits. You guys for now focus on selling us different kind of deeds and adjust pretty well working camera system.

In dev's corner I have posted some ideas on improving Mentor system. 90% of needed code is already in game. We can design nice and fair for all mentoring system together. I would advise you to put this issue higher on your priority list.

I've been playing with a good number of new players lately, and equipping down to their level. The game really HAS been redesigned a lot for new player experience, from what it was, though there is a lot of room for improvement.
I'd say actually, most of Mindark's efforts lately have been on NPE.

You see when you actually play the game and you are doing well, the term 5$/hour cost makes no sense because we only see opportunities and goals.Of course it makes no sense because you don't play the game.

So the costs are too high in the mid range which does help you stay at the top. The costs need to come down for the mid and low range, AND the high range.

However in addition, there's a MASSIVE starvation of content at the high levels...HORRIBLE starvation. It leads to ubers wanting to have a barrier where people can't cross it in order to protect their profits, instead of being able to leverage a wide enough diverse set of content so everyone on the high end can enjoy themselves in a stable economy.

Hopefully more content for the super high levels comes, and the mid level experience can get some serious attention to play costs, too.

Last edited:
You know what, whatever the comments are, it's really doesn't matter.
What's the matter? Is when someone here, always calling out loud, to stop players complaining and tell them to quit.
(Who can't even handle situation, instead of covering the truth and general facts)

Get real, why don't we stop the withdrawing options ? I will really interested to see you all are still here, talking about love. $ is the honey. Every suggestion here are all be benefits to you all and not everyone (especially those who is below or middle level).

Mentoring is just another Referrer Programme here.

Back