Strongboxes keys for Swedes

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
I don't know about other Swedish players, but as a Swedish player feel like I took an arrow to the knee pun intended, by none other than you MindArk.
Strongboxes are not like lootboxes on other games. They always give back 100% value back in TT. So there's really no logical reason behind removing them for Swedish player because of the new law, only fear from Lotteriinspektionen or precaution on your part.

I think it's only fair you guys create a way for us to use strongboxes in-game or introduce an alternative of it.

Options that I can think of:

Strongbox keys should be i.e either tradeable in-game (most fair for all except swedes since we must pay extra MU).

Strongboxes keys can be purchased from a NPC in-game. (10 PED shrapnel = 1 strongbox key, revenue from these keys would not go back to lootpool but 50% to MA 50% to PP) = fair for all.

Strongboxes doesn't require keys anymore or all keys are tradeable and lootable in-game. (Doubtful you guys will do this one).

Strongboxes from webshop removed for all. And added into game loot, keys no longer needed or lootable in loot or crafting. Boosting game economy overall.

Also can you confirm if it's illegal to buy strongbox keys using VPN (non swedish ip) even though you live in Sweden?

Would really appreciate an answer to this and above and what your plans are...
Thx in advance.

Last edited:
Strongboxes loot is determined by chance and cannot be foreseen. Strongbox does always give you TT value back but also allows you to win an item with higher real financial value. Also, the TT value received from Strongbox is not directly exchangeable to in-game currency so cannot be treated as a guaranteed 100% return.

According to Swedish law, more or less all, lootboxes are lottery tickets. If you want to conduct lottery, you must have a proper license.

For years already I am wondering what is happening to our times. We're supposed to live in the "free world" and gain ever more possibilities as we make progress pushing physical boundaries. Instead we are losing freedoms in spades to one "well-meaning" prohibition after another.

Is MindArk inclined to challenge any further ruling against it, or to seek clarification if not clearance from these limitations? It really seems debatable and rings memories of similar dealings with authorities in the past.

Strongboxes loot is determined by chance and cannot be foreseen. Strongbox does always give you TT value back but also allows you to win an item with higher real financial value. Also, the TT value received from Strongbox is not directly exchangeable to in-game currency so cannot be treated as a guaranteed 100% return.

According to Swedish law, more or less all, lootboxes are lottery tickets. If you want to conduct lottery, you must have a proper license.

I need to dig up the video of previously me calling exactly what item I was going to loot, and then looting it.
Strongboxes are certainly not random or chance, you're depositing and getting a prize given to you.

In fact, they're actually the same system as hunting mutated to fit them. Multipliers and all, except those instead scale rarity...

You are literally paying for opportunity. It's not gambling if you can figure out a system that actually predicts what is happening.

For an oversimplified glimpse, wait until a loot wave or hof wave hits, and open your boxes.
You'll get something from more rare items. Otherwise you get a normal reward. And you have a set TT return, you're simply paying for a service.

It's not gambling. You can accurately predict how badly you'll be in the shitter TT loss wise by a certain amount of ped cycled, and afterwards it's up to your markup to get you healed up...
In some areas, it's memorization and execution of a very well sequenced pattern.

Last edited:
I don't know about other Swedish players, but as a Swedish player feel like I took an arrow to the knee pun intended, by none other than you MindArk.
Strongboxes are not like lootboxes on other games. They always give back 100% value back in TT. So there's really no logical reason behind removing them for Swedish player because of the new law, only fear from Lotteriinspektionen or precaution on your part.

I think it's only fair you guys create a way for us to use strongboxes in-game or introduce an alternative of it.

Options that I can think of:

Strongbox keys should be i.e either tradeable in-game (most fair for all except swedes since we must pay extra MU).

Strongboxes keys can be purchased from a NPC in-game. (10 PED shrapnel = 1 strongbox key, revenue from these keys would not go back to lootpool but 50% to MA 50% to PP) = fair for all.

Strongboxes doesn't require keys anymore or all keys are tradeable and lootable in-game. (Doubtful you guys will do this one).

Strongboxes from webshop removed for all. And added into game loot, keys no longer needed or lootable in loot or crafting. Boosting game economy overall.

Also can you confirm if it's illegal to buy strongbox keys using VPN (non swedish ip) even though you live in Sweden?

Would really appreciate an answer to this and above and what your plans are...
Thx in advance.

(From mindark)

"If you do not reside in Sweden or use a Swedish IP Strongboxes and Strongbox Keys will continue to work like previously, this change only affect users in Sweden or with a Swedish IP."

So to answer your question about the legality.
Its only illegal to buy strongboxes via VPN IF the usage of VPN is illegal.

You can use a VPN, but it dont helps. Swedish Accounts can not open the Boxes, the Keys dont work...

You can use a VPN, but it dont helps. Swedish Accounts can not open the Boxes, the Keys dont work...

Actually that's wrong, don't know where you got that from?
I've bought around 20 from shop using VPN and no issue at all opening them.

its just stupid that others can open boxes but others cant in a RCE. Makes it abit unfair.
how are swedish players going to be able to get rings,pills and all of these features?

its just stupid that others can open boxes but others cant in a RCE. Makes it abit unfair.
how are swedish players going to be able to get rings,pills and all of these features?

I don't know if he's just trolling or talking without knowing - but I've since the new law used VPN and bought from shop, and able to open in-game without any issue at all.

I don't know if he's just trolling or talking without knowing - but I've since the new law used VPN and bought from shop, and able to open in-game without any issue at all.

my guess is that you are using other means to sercumvent the law and that is illegal, sure you can do it but its not legal.

and why should a few players be forced to use VPN and others dont for the same experience?

my guess is that you are using other means to sercumvent the law and that is illegal, sure you can do it but its not legal.

and why should a few players be forced to use VPN and others dont for the same experience?

No.
I'm just using a simple VPN to be able to buy from the website, that's all.

u can Always take an vacation out of the country and buy keys

so in other words, swedes are forced to pay for a VPN service to have the same chance as others.
not fair in my book.

Free VPN*
And my point was the it's still doable by using a VPN, and false to claim it's impossible as Cpt. Crunch did.

Free VPN*
And my point was the it's still doable by using a VPN, and false to claim it's impossible as Cpt. Crunch did.

This was my question:

I didn't get a proper answer that says they allow you to use a VPN to bypass this new law.

Yes, it may be doable/and not enforced. But I want confirmation from MA that they allow it. Clearly ain't gonna get it.

This question was merely a safety measure from my side, so if I want to to use it someday I won't risk getting my account locked for violating EULA and possibly get problems in RL too.
So if they do for some reason get more rough with this because of Spelinspektionen (in Sweden).

Better safe than sorry imo. You don't seem to care about your own avatar, since you publicly admitted to using a VPN to bypass a law.

This was my question:

I didn't get a proper answer that says they allow you to use a VPN to bypass this new law.

Yes, it may be doable/and not enforced. But I want confirmation from MA that they allow it. Clearly ain't gonna get it.

This question was merely a safety measure from my side, so if I want to to use it someday I won't risk getting my account locked for violating EULA and possibly get problems in RL too.
So if they do for some reason get more rough with this because of Spelinspektionen (in Sweden).

Better safe than sorry imo. You don't seem to care about your own avatar, since you publicly admitted to using a VPN to bypass a law.

If you want I can post you my ticket I made to MA support before I did a purchase.
The law says you need a permit as a company if what you're selling is considered lottery.
MA skipped the hassle with pushing a permit and simply agreed to it.

Meaning swedish citizens aren't able to buy boxes anymore, or people with a swedish IP
- - - from a company selling lottery-ish stuff if the company doesn't have a permit.
That's the law.

Not if you use a VPN or not.
Feel free to interpret the way you want.

Last edited:
If you want I can post you my ticket I made to MA support before I did a purchase.
The law says you need a permit as a company if what you're selling is considered lottery.
MA skipped the hassle with pushing a permit and simple agreed to it.

Meaning swedish citizens aren't able to buy boxes anymore, or people with a swedish IP.
That's the law.

Not if you use a VPN or not.
Feel free to interpret the way you want.
I'm no lawyer therefore I require extra confirmation from source before going down the rabbit hole.

But my logic dictates that if you live in Sweden and have a Swedish address and citizenship, you're classified as a Swedish person, therefore just getting another IP shouldn't matter.

Otherwise this law is completely ridiculously pointless imo and just for show since it's so easy to bypass it.

And if it's the latter, there's a good chance it may become more strict in the future.

And if Spelinspektionen asks for logs from MA you'd be fucked, since then MA would probably have to ban you for bypassing a law.

As for your ticket, it breaks a forum rule to post tickets if I'm not mistaken, but if you want you can PM me it.

To add on;

Since MA have not cleared stated something along the lines of
(as far as I am aware..);

"If you are a registered character on Entropia and use a VPN to buy boxes/keys on our website - you will be suspened etc. etc."

The way I see it is, use VPN on your own risk - for now.
They have just informed you in more practical terms what the law means for you as a swedish citizen or with a swedish IP.

To add on;

Since MA haven't cleared stated something along the lines of;

"If you are a registered character on Entropia and use a VPN to buy boxes/keys on our website - you will be suspened etc. etc."

The way I see it is, use VPN on your own risk - for now.

They have just informed you in more practical terms what the law means for you as a swedish citizen or with a swedish IP.

My thoughts exactly. :yup:

so in other words, swedes are forced to pay for a VPN service to have the same chance as others.
not fair in my book.

You can look at it another way if cant have it no body else can. The mass part of community are still allowed at this time, this benfits MA as they get freash cash comming in. No it not fair for you and your fellow countrymen, but lifes not fair. MA wont remove boxs unless they really have to.

U.S. folks missed out on deep token buying. Swedes miss out on boxes... more localization is likely as we move forward.

U.S. folks missed out on deep token buying. Swedes miss out on boxes... more localization is likely as we move forward.

U.S people dodged a bullet though. We swedes took an arrow to the knee and not even get any treatment for it. :ahh:

sure i can look at it that way, but why even continue when you know you have an disadvantage in a RCE based game?

my future deppos have 0% of having an item that could yeild a few extra K of peds.

so no more gameplay from me as a swede until we all are in the same boat again.

Just saying this...I know mindark gets a huge amount of bonus deposit for selling keys in their web store and forcing you to deposit fresh money.

However, they really should make keys craftable in order to allow the economy to be driven. Then our ingame economy gets the boost of having to craft the keys to open the boxes.

Why do it this way instead? Because then you encourage a lot more people to cycle ped, which solves the problem of 'too many ped laying around for MA's liking'.

Just saying this...I know mindark gets a huge amount of bonus deposit for selling keys in their web store and forcing you to deposit fresh money.

However, they really should make keys craftable in order to allow the economy to be driven. Then our ingame economy gets the boost of having to craft the keys to open the boxes.

Why do it this way instead? Because then you encourage a lot more people to cycle ped, which solves the problem of 'too many ped laying around for MA's liking'.

They never do something that lowers their income. The main purpose of the webshop is to get fresh cash for them that doesn't come from peds already tied in-game. Chance of this ever happening is about the same chance as we Swedes getting to buy another strongbox key legally without VPN, zilch if that wasn't clear. :laugh:

I do hope I'm wrong though, because if keys were craftable and strongboxes lootable from mining/hunting it would indeed boost game economy. Problem: MA too greedy.

They never do something that lowers their income. The main purpose of the webshop is to get fresh cash for them that doesn't come from peds already tied in-game. Chance of this ever happening is about the same chance as we Swedes getting to buy another strongbox key legally without VPN, zilch if that wasn't clear. :laugh:

I do hope I'm wrong though, because if keys were craftable and strongboxes lootable from mining/hunting it would indeed boost game economy. Problem: MA too greedy.

Are they being greedy or do they need that fresh cash. How much dis they lose out on failed side projects ans they said they want to hire more staff. We dont know if other countries will follow suit, if Uk and USA follow, then what? Will they have to rely on just europe to buy keys?

Are they being greedy or do they need that fresh cash. How much dis they lose out on failed side projects ans they said they want to hire more staff. We dont know if other countries will follow suit, if Uk and USA follow, then what? Will they have to rely on just europe to buy keys?

They always been greedy, but can also mean they need the fresh cash. I suppose it's a combination of greed and need, those go hand in hand tbh. :ahh:

As for other countries follow suit, it would depend on each countries law. I can imagine it's only a matter of time though.

They should find other ways to get fresh cash imo. The refill packs are good, but they can also make them even better.

crafting keys for strongboxes is a really good idea!

BUT lets see if MA wants a healthy game or just in the nature of milking there playerbase.

For years already I am wondering what is happening to our times. We're supposed to live in the "free world" and gain ever more possibilities as we make progress pushing physical boundaries. Instead we are losing freedoms in spades to one "well-meaning" prohibition after another.

Is MindArk inclined to challenge any further ruling against it, or to seek clarification if not clearance from these limitations? It really seems debatable and rings memories of similar dealings with authorities in the past.

government has only one direction due to its inherently uncontrolable growth mechanism. creeping totalitarianism. there can be only one. anarchy is the only possible solution. satan is one tuff nut.

the good thing about todays MA? they are no longer constrained by yesterdays EU zeitgheist. i think they know now how damaging leftists and their politically correct ideologies can be. will they bring anarchy to EU? i sure hope so:)

Back