Mind Ark Support and wait times for unlocking old accounts?

MasterShadow

Hatchling
Hello,

I've seen quite a bit on the forums about Mind Ark support being on the slow end... I'm wondering if anyone can say just how slow on average. Maybe someone's been in my shoes...

I played back in 2013. Didn't get too far but was out of my mentorship and had some cool timed exclusive stuff like the Alienware hover pod.

I was telling someone randomly about this game I used to play with a real money economy and that gave me the itch to pick it up again. DL the game, try to log in... Your account has been locked, please contact support.

Well damn. That sucks.

Reach out to MA support and get a response back within an hour. Pretty excited, think this is gunna go quick. They say my account was used in a PED selling scam but based on the connection information they're pretty sure it wasn't me who did it. They asked for my ID before they can unlock the account. I snap a quick picture and respond again within an hour.

Two weeks later I haven't heard anything. No response to the support ticket. No response for an update on the status. They wont even confirm if they received the file I uploaded as I can't see it on the ticket. I want to make sure they're not waiting on me for something.

I don't really care if it's going to take a month to look into and manually parse logs to validate I'm the account owner and didn't move to China to scam PEDs. I'd just like to not be ignored... I'd like to be in the loop. A simple, "You're in the queue but there's a lot of work ahead of you." would more than suffice. Instead, two weeks radio silence...

Is this normal? Anyone know how long this type of ticket typically takes? Should I forget about the game for now?

Sorry for the mini rant. Thanks for humoring me.

Last edited:
They say my account was used in a PED selling scam but based on the connection information they're pretty sure it wasn't me who did it. They ask for my ID before they can unlock the account. I snap a quick picture and respond again within an hour.

That sounds really bad, and I would not expect to get it unlocked at all.

If someone else could use your account for a scam, how did this other person get your log in informations?

Have you been hacked, maybe trojan at your station that made it possible for some criminal hackers to do that scam?

If MA has proof that your account was used for a scam, and even if it was not you, why the hell they should unlock it.

The scam may be repeated anytime.

To much trouble!

Your sympathy and empathy are overwhelming me right now. I'm not sure how to respond... But at least you answered the question that was asked, so that was nice. /s

Few things.

The initial response said that they could easily see it wasn't me and would unlock it when they received my ID. So I have no reason to expect the account wont be returned to me.

This account is 6 years old. That's a lot of idle time.

The way MindArk handles login info, it's possible to brute force a password. I had a simple password which has been fixed. I don't believe they had 2fa back then. So the account could be further secured.

Again, 6 years ago. Not the same PC. Likely 3 PCs back on my upgrade cycle. So even if it had been something on that system, I no longer have/use that system.

The likelihood of it happening again is slim to none.

Because they like paying customers and I was a paying customer?

I guess the community isn't as awesome as it used to be. Maybe it's just nostalgia but I feel like the community when I played would not have responded with "Good, F your account."

The way MindArk handles login info, it's possible to brute force a password. I had a simple password which has been fixed. I don't believe they had 2fa back then. So the account could be further secured.

We've had 2 factor authentication almost since the game came out with the Gold Card, but thats beside the point.

Maybe submit a new support case or reply to it again as I've heard support cases can auto close after 14 days.

Sucks that you're having this problem... But time wise you should have a response soon. I got locked for an NPC interaction bug that I "didn't report". (didn't know NPC's could be affected by decoys....) I think it took about 2 weeks for it to be resolved. Hang in there.

We've had 2 factor authentication almost since the game came out with the Gold Card, but thats beside the point.

Maybe submit a new support case or reply to it again as I've heard support cases can auto close after 14 days.

I've replied several times. Considered creating a new ticket but I read in another thread that it just got closed immediately. I don't want to piss them off. I may end up doing that soon though.

On the 2fa thing. I didn't remember it being a thing but I have trouble remembering things I did yesterday much less from 2013. :laugh:

Sucks that you're having this problem... But time wise you should have a response soon. I got locked for an NPC interaction bug that I "didn't report". (didn't know NPC's could be affected by decoys....) I think it took about 2 weeks for it to be resolved. Hang in there.

That's hopeful news. Thank you. Would be great if I could get reacquainted with the game over the weekend.

It's been 6 years since you played, you've been inactive for a long time. If you are unlucky your account has been used for a long time to make illigal things without you knowing that. Normally, accounts that are inactive for so long are deleted.

This game has its own currency and works with real money, everything is checked like a banks / financial institutions. It must also be considered the money launderer law and other laws. It takes a very long time until the whole has been processed or the damage that has been incurred is resolved. Many things have to be checked to protect the game and the economy / other peoples investments.

I think it will take a long time until you get the account again. Personally I hope that everything will be fine and you can play again soon.

I came back to the game back in 2014 from a 6 year hiatus. My account had been locked for inactivity for all that time. Took MA 6 weeks to finally unlock it and let me play again after I had submitted my ID. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all my leftover gear was still intact on my avatar instead of just being liquidated to TT value of PED.

Your situation seems to be a much more complex issue tho so it may take even longer. Hold on to hope and they will eventually get back to you. I think my notification came through email and not through the support case.

Took MA 6 weeks to finally unlock it and let me play again after I had submitted my ID.

Damn. That's what I was dreading but also somewhat expecting. Did MA also not respond to you during the whole process? Because I can handle the wait but being ignored is pretty frustrating.

At the 3 week mark I started a new support case apologizing for starting a new case but asking for a status update on the 3 week old case. Next day I they unlocked the account.

rPt8QaH.png

Back