Entropia Life Updates 2019

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro
Hello Everyone!

We've gone through a period of dormancy here on development and we aim to correct a lot of issues this year. We thoroughly appreciate the community workarounds, and are looking to improve EntropiaLife's ease of use and accessibility.

In an effort to keep this hyper specific to programming for now, any particular bugs you've run into with the client or related functions we'd appreciate your detailed feedback on. Please include any details on your OS with client related issues.

Please keep in mind EL is a passion project, it is not a profitable entity, so development is slower than some may like. We've decided to invest in improving the client for new OS and updating general functionality and access. Any feedback you have that will point us to your specific issues will be addressed.

If you cannot access your account, please PM me for now until we've implemented a more streamlined solution for account access issues. We are not going to be adding new functionality at this time, our goal is to update the existing functions and address issues with accessibility. We will be working on optimizing existing functions in following phases in sequence:

Phase 1: Client Stability, Functionality and Access
Phase 2: Backend development to clean up existing systems/coding.
Phase 3: Improve Browser based functionality and tools for users.
Phase 4: Review and address any outlying issues with existing tools or connected services/databases.
Phase 5: Address potential improvements of existing tools or additions of new features.

Please keep any feedback you're kind enough to share clear and concise, as our goal is to address specific issues here in an effort to improve the tools EntropiaLife has to offer based on what all of you would like to see working properly.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Cool, thanks!

Sounds good! :)

One feature request: Make an api to get the global data (that would help managing a land area). :)

The community appreciates your passion project, Blast!
:yay:

Bug Report: Clicking on Instance globals takes you to random crafting item pages instead of thatinstance globals page.

Sounds good! :)

One feature request: Make an api to get the global data (that would help managing a land area). :)

We do have some partially finished features for LA owners that will help with tracking data specific to your lands and correlating them to income even. That's something that will be addressed, though it will be a bit further down the line once we've addressed issues that effect larger portions of Entropia players.

Bug Report: Clicking on Instance globals takes you to random crafting item pages instead of thatinstance globals page.

Noted, perfect, thank you!

Happy to hear this i got one concern and that is about the ET client.
It keep crashing for me sometimes. Sometimes it shuts down completely and i have to restart it and sometimes it give a message i have to click on.
I cant say i use ELs all possibilitys that much tho but its a great tool if i need to get some info :wtg:
I looking forward to the improvments m8 :yay:

One thing that needs to be updated is the weapon data link to entropedia needs to be changed to entropiawiki for the combat log to work properly again.

Happy to hear this i got one concern and that is about the ET client.
It keep crashing for me sometimes. Sometimes it shuts down completely and i have to restart it and sometimes it give a message i have to click on.
I cant say i use ELs all possibilitys that much tho but its a great tool if i need to get some info :wtg:
I looking forward to the improvments m8 :yay:

Thank you for the info, could you possibly send me some info on your Operating System and if you notice any particular instances when this is happening? Feel free to PM if you'd prefer not to post too many details publicly, it will help us to identify what may be causing the crashes though.

Is it closing out or does it just stop working?
Does this happen in window or fullscreen with EU?
Are you windows 7,8, 10?

Just some examples of additional info that will help :)

Great to hear you're planning to do more work on this, excellent stuff.

Some quick thoughts from me:

I get annoyed having to renew Player Viewer every month. I've tried buying several at once in the hope that I'll have several months of it loaded up, but that doesn't seem to work, it still expires after a month. Just give me an option to buy 12 months at once and it'd be much easier.

We still can't see a list of rare loots on a player profile like we can with discoveries. That'd be a good feature to have. While it would make sense to have it available for everyone to view like the discoveries, I mainly want to see my own.

There's still very little coverage on the less active planets. Is there any reason not to reduce the amount of active clients required? (Is it 5 at the moment? Why not 3?)

Thank you for the info, could you possibly send me some info on your Operating System and if you notice any particular instances when this is happening? Feel free to PM if you'd prefer not to post too many details publicly, it will help us to identify what may be causing the crashes though.

Is it closing out or does it just stop working?
Does this happen in window or fullscreen with EU?
Are you windows 7,8, 10?

Just some examples of additional info that will help :)

Hello,

First i want to say...THANK YOU for creating/maintaining the Tracker and EL... I lOVE your program and the Site to it...

If you really want some input of the things/little issues currently...i write some of em below..

CLIENT:

1)Hello...i experienced the same things as a former poster with the client crash.. (WIN 7,also all kinds of framework installed , CLIENT VERSION : 8.2.1.2)

But i also checked all marks too (auto login,start with windows etc) so its only after some hours (and not every day)

After longer time running get an error message ("Critical error encountered,restarting application...If the problem persists,please cntact support.) , then clicking on it->then message "client still running",then it restarts and its good then for longer time...

or also it restarts then without any error...

2) combat log (inside ref link to new entropiawiki.com site instead of old entropedia site) also mentioned before...
but mabye is there a possiblity to "download" the specs of the weaps in an seperate file locally for using the client...
coudl be handy maybe when entropiawiki is slow (like atm) or offline...

2a) only an idea.....is it possible to have a little "sub" window from it, where it continuios records the shots etc (regardless of what i use) and calcs the stats from it ? dpp,dps,misses /evades/dodge total dam ..etc

if you need a challenge..maybe also incluse healing points and /or armor hits to have an overall stat info?

3) show location stamp/waypoint when killed doesnt work (but since some weeks an EU Update does this now automatically)

4)Screenie function; AWESOME WORK !!! (dont only want to write issues here :) )

5) only minor..the Autobackup chat.log. is automatically cut at 10MB....maybe do it a bit bigger ? like 25 or such?

6) Map-Addon..dunno how to get that enabled or adjusted ,is there a help on the website or a special link for viewing?

7) Team-Loot Window....very good feature...the Items are all correctly listed , but the other stuff has issues

8) Soc window....maybe its only me..but i wont be friend with the soc page...

have problems adjusting the html page of the soc

i am the elected leader of the soc now and i cant add/remove ppl as memebrs? or change a rank etc?

9)update skills doesnt work too ( bec of old reference to entropedia i guess?)

10) i dont have a paypal account and i also wont get one in future... maybe you add another option to if some1 wants to donate a bit ?

like paysafe , mastercard(creditcard)?? dunno if that much work or not...

OR do you have an electronic wallet for dodgecoin,bitcoin,mooncoin,dash..etc...
the new wallets versions do have a store for sev. diff coins now...

11)in Settings , my recorded time on the planets..isnt right tho..it showed arkadia time (last 30 days) but i wasnt there...

11a) also the amount of ppl running the tracker shown.....sounds a bit low...guess many more ppl have it installed...

11b) if you are also need some challenge...i saw the language buttone for english and german (didnt see that language using)-->if you need some translation to german..feel free to write me...

maybe you can aquire friends with other languages known to support also ppl using other languages and not rly familiar with english?

12) some instance globs arent shown nor always the item discovery..( dunno if thats a prob from entropia)

Hope i didnt scare you all away with the post....just wanted to give some point of view..

Have a nice day,
Eddie

Last edited:
On the LandArea Hunting Info page under Largest Globals the Timestamp column is filled with the loot value instead of the timestamp.

Using Windows 10, the Entropia Tracker Suite crashes when the EU chat log reaches the 10 MB limit and is auto backed up. Nice feature, but crashes every time. My work around is to "Create backup of Chat.log" before it reaches the 10 MB limit. This makes it less automated but still forces a max size if I forget to check it. Some sort of permissions conflict I would think.

An improvement would be to allow new chat.log backups at time intervals instead of size limits. Then it could be backed up when EU isn't running and writing to the chat.log (which I figure is the reason it crashes.)

Will you ever provide some sort of basic API that would allow some of us to implement on our societies website?

Something like a live list of globals or some live list of HoF´s?

Even if was something that could be paid for, with the credits of using the tracker or even peds or money.

At least it could give more support to the project.

it would be a nice feature to see the list of rare loots by avatar just like for discoveries

Using Windows 10, the Entropia Tracker Suite crashes when the EU chat log reaches the 10 MB limit and is auto backed up. Nice feature, but crashes every time. My work around is to "Create backup of Chat.log" before it reaches the 10 MB limit. This makes it less automated but still forces a max size if I forget to check it. Some sort of permissions conflict I would think.

An improvement would be to allow new chat.log backups at time intervals instead of size limits. Then it could be backed up when EU isn't running and writing to the chat.log (which I figure is the reason it crashes.)

Same issue.

Connected issue, when it does auto back up it does so every 5 minutes but keeps the original file which is larger then 10 mb therefor getting stuck in a backup loop or something. My chatlog was 500 mb and it flooded my 1 terra hdd in one session.

Thank you everyone for the detailed feedback so far, these past few weeks threw us a curve ball with the updates from MA. For instance, "manufactured" was changed to "constructed" in global dialogue, so we 1, had to realize this had changed, and 2, had to adapt the code to register this change. You'll notice as of today there is a new version of the client if you close open it again. This will address some of the global dialogue issues that we've now corrected.

As I said previously, our first focus right now is on the client, so we are taking all bug reports and suggestions you've put here under advisement and work is underway now that we've mostly caught up with the most recent EU update. Will keep you all updated as we progress through the different phases.

Cheers

ET: The [Start loging] is greyd out, I have to redirect to where the chatlog is everytime to get the button to work. Even if the path to the chatlog is correct.

I managed to get one complete run logged some day ago.Used the same weapon the whole run. Got 100% hit rate.
dmg/shot and dmg/hit was the same. So every shot I did count as a hit, even if mob evade. Guess that is the problem. when the mob evade.

Thought: Didn't the client save the weapon you use betwen runs before? Now I have to klick [fill list] and then scroll for my weapon every time I start the client.

EDIT:
Just started a loged run. Instantly got error message "Critical error encountered, restarting application... if the problem persists, please contact support."

Last edited:
Annihilation Eviscerator and Annihilation Warlock still have no mob ID.

Client has been updated so the combat log can be used again? The last two posts suggest this but my client does not show this and I've closed and opened the program as well as downloading a fresh install from the website.

Instance globals do not and never have counted boxes opened from beacon missions

Are there any updates planned in the foreseeable future?

Are there any updates planned in the foreseeable future?

It's been a lot of backend work so far this year, additionally we've migrated the server. I'm hopeful we'll have the front end optimizations started by the end of the year. It's coming along, albeit, a bit slower than I had hoped ;)

It's been a lot of backend work so far this year, additionally we've migrated the server. I'm hopeful we'll have the front end optimizations started by the end of the year. It's coming along, albeit, a bit slower than I had hoped ;)

with your 2019 Updating, curious to know if this will be or has been fixed ??

We cant use combat log because it has Entropedia as the source of information

entropedia.jpg

maybe time to give the passion project some love..... been down since this morning

maybe time to give the passion project some love..... been down since this morning

We migrated the server again today (previous migration had some issues), took a bit longer than we expected, should have only been down a few minutes. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Also, Just a heads up, since we migrated the server, for your clients to begin tracking properly due to the downtime and IP transfer, you just need to close the tracker client and reopen it. Should re-sync at that point.

Back