PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Detritus the Troll
    Images

Please implement gap closers

I love melee but there's some issues that prevent it from being a primary skill. The biggest complaint (no UA burn) you are somewhat addressing with the newer weapons (though a lot of ppl would still like attachments for the existing ones); but the other big problem with melee is the lack of gap closer, which forces you to use a tagger if you don't want to/can't rush into a group of mobs. Another situation is e.g. the warehouse instances where some of the mobs are actually inaccessible for melee, and you must use a ranged weapon.

I'd like a MF chip that would pull a mob to you. Make it lore-friendly by having it be some sort of anti-gravity puller or something. But basically something I can target a mob at range and pull it to me.
    Last edited by Detritus; 02-11-2019 at 22:41.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    If you choose to hunt with melee then this "problem" is entirely of your own making. If you want to have range, used ranged weapons. You can't choose to have the advantages of one and then complain about the disadvantages. Melee users have been doing this for years, though this is the first time I've heard anyone ask for melee weapons to have a ranged attack, which is beyond ridiculous.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Narfi Hungry Willem
    Society
    Lost Renegades
    Images
    Barringer + Melee = win

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    Been using First Gen Electric VII for years , as a tagger and ranged attack then finish with powerfist.

Many use Combustive chips which most have decent range.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Not before I can use my empty rifle as a club . Would be only fair.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Suzy
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not before I can use my empty rifle as a club . Would be only fair.
    They could put a bayonet attachment to guns

Team 'We come in Pieces...' an Entropia Directory & Rangers Production.
    http://www.twitch.tv/suzy_entropia
    Suzy...

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    I love melee but there's some issues that prevent it from being a primary skill. The biggest complaint (no UA burn) you are somewhat addressing with the newer weapons (though a lot of ppl would still like attachments for the existing ones); but the other big problem with melee is the lack of gap closer, which forces you to use a tagger if you don't want to/can't rush into a group of mobs. Another situation is e.g. the warehouse instances where some of the mobs are actually inaccessible for melee, and you must use a ranged weapon.

I'd like a MF chip that would pull a mob to you. Make it lore-friendly by having it be some sort of anti-gravity puller or something. But basically something I can target a mob at range and pull it to me.
    Yes, they should make blades throw able!!

But don't forget to pick it back up once you threw it.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Mathilda nukegirl Chei
    Society
    Rangers
    I for one would like to see mechanics like this implemented (Short dash, pull mobs etc..). The argument that certain items have an advantage over another or that "its always been like this and should be like this forever" can and has been made for every single item introduction ever. I dont get why almost every single idea or balance change is instantly shut down for the sole reason of "thats just how the game is deal with it"

MF amps, vehicles, new high dps items, new high efficiency items, melee weapons with ammo burn, rings, buffs, pills. There has been a ton of mechanic and balance introductions done.

Why is buffs to these "inferior" weapon classes so unwelcome?

What if in addition to pull mechanics there is also push mechanics implemented (which would benefit ranged users), does this idea still seem as outrageous?

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    If you choose to hunt with melee then this "problem" is entirely of your own making. If you want to have range, used ranged weapons. You can't choose to have the advantages of one and then complain about the disadvantages. Melee users have been doing this for years, though this is the first time I've heard anyone ask for melee weapons to have a ranged attack, which is beyond ridiculous.
    I'm not asking for a ranged attack, I'm asking for a gap closer. I'm sorry you don't understand it, but it's not "beyond ridiculous" - it's a common mechanic in most MMOs. I've even seen ranged builds utilize them to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Barringer + Melee = win
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Been using First Gen Electric VII for years , as a tagger and ranged attack then finish with powerfist.

Many use Combustive chips which most have decent range.

Thanks, but I'm not looking for tips on what to use as a tagger. The point is to not have to use a tagger or early damager. Imagine, for example, a weapon attachment that gave you an action that you could map to a key that would instantly pull the mob to you. Either some gravity beam thing, or a big metal claw on a chain or something. Now I can use melee as my main and I don't even need to weapon swap.

I can see it's not welcome here, so never mind.
    Last edited by Detritus; 02-12-2019 at 12:17.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    The point is to not have to use a tagger or early damager. Imagine, for example, a weapon attachment that gave you an action that you could map to a key that would instantly pull the mob to you. Either some gravity beam thing, or a big metal claw on a chain or something. Now I can use melee as my main and I don't even need to weapon swap.

I can see it's not welcome here, so never mind.
    I'm all for it if it would be a Mindforce power.
    And as Mathilda said, not only pull, but it could also push.

But going on from that, I would like more mindforce powers like armour/shields bubbles.

To stay on topic, what about a new weapon "grappling hook cannon"
    That fires a hook and chain and winches the target in.
    The amount of pull generates could be based on HP of the mob for instance (and the strength of the weapon of course).
    That way you could pull a young foul from over 50 meters but a proteron only 5 or so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast