PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 41 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Phillip TheTank J-Fry
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Images
    I'm trying to adapt to the new controls; it is very challenging.

1. I use to be able to exit my vehicle and pick it up with two quick key presses (exit, pickup). Now I have to use the mouse and do a long press of the right mouse button to bring up context menu. Those long presses add up and cost a lot of time in the long run. Please make right mouse button quick click bring up context menus.

2. Long press of 'use tool' to 'auto tool' is another example of long press causing me grief; makes starting shooting feel tedious. Oddly enough, 'Interact', while holding a weapon will immediately start auto shooting, (but another press won't stop it). Please find a way to not require long presses for anything.

3. Using the mouse wheel to go from zoomed out 3rd person view->zoom in->1st person view->zoom in with scope without having to press a key was so great. Needing an 'action' to switch from 3rd person to 1st person is much less fluid.

4. In aim mode a slight move of the mouse makes my target unlock. This makes me not want to use aim mode. Also it would be nice if dead mob stayed as a locked target so it can be looted without selecting it again.

5. I loved how you could customize just about everything in the old interface. Now I seem to have some icons on my screen that I wouldn't use often but cannot be removed.

6. It is annoying that 'lock target' stops me from running, especially when firing weapon at out of range target doesn't move you closer to the target but simply says out of range. I really use to love being able to 'move to interact with target', or not, depending on the situation.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Norian Norian Xx
    Society
    Guess Who??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!
    Ty for reading!

Increasing max zoom is a good start!
    Add back "Look Up/Down" commands
    Add back "Click to Move" as option
    Tweak tab targeting functionality
    Tweak camera alignment while attacking a creature
    Help out our healers with their issues

Please and thank you!

Do the above, and you got a winner in my book.

Premature flaming thread

I get that people are not too happy about the changes done to to controls & camera, but also - chill out!

With a big change like this, bugs and unforseen consequences are as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the fires of hell are burning.

Do you think MA/dev team will go to work full of energy with all this flaming? Nah, they'll all get depressed and give up.

Give them at least ONE chance to make an update that will change the obvious errors (camera too close, looting action not working properly etc.).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ardorj-Njarr
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Some minor issues that I haven't seen mentioned (a lot) here. I didn't read all the post, just the last few pages.
    I configure my keys the way I want it. F is to open the HOF for me.

1. When you stand close to something you can interact with (NPC, dead mob, ...) you see "PRESS X to loot". I know my hotkeys, thank you very much, no need to remind me after the 1000th mob killed. Also, I want my loot key to be different then the interact key.
    2. Buttons on my screen that I can't remove and didn't ask for. I never use them and had to place them under the Mission Tracker.
    3. I used ILG to open Inventory, hotkey configuration and keyboard map. The last one can't be found in the Action Libary, but it's still there. F11 by default. When I press ILG now it won't stay at the F1 setup that I'm using, it changes to * for some dumb reason that one overlaps with F1.
    4. Next target can be far away while getting attacked by another mob from behind.
    5. When you run to a TP and press X at the right time, you'll continue running. You used to stand still.
    6. When you run up to something to scan (vehicle, other player, mob), you'll stand still. You used to continue running.
    7. Opening Storage adjust the camera height. The windows of Storage and Inventory are almost overlapping, I like to have some space between. You can drag them apart, but the next time they're kissing again.
    8. Having to hold down the "Use Tool" key to auto use it. I joined when we didn't had auto use, feels like the game has been set back years in that respect.

That's all I can think of atm.
    One, just one, thing I like currently about this VU. When you hover over an item (hotkey) it will display information like dmg/sec, TT value and more.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    I get that people are not too happy about the changes done to to controls & camera, but also - chill out!

With a big change like this, bugs and unforseen consequences are as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the fires of hell are burning.

Do you think MA/dev team will go to work full of energy with all this flaming? Nah, they'll all get depressed and give up.

Give them at least ONE chance to make an update that will change the obvious errors (camera too close, looting action not working properly etc.).
    So just be quiet , so nothing will be done to the bugs and faults?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mandu Mojo Marconi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images

A lot of Changes in 7 years

I've been away from the game for about 7 years, and came back yesterday to this update. I like the interface and control changes, as they line up with many other control systems from other games now.

So many other changes that I have to catch up on now too!

tinfoil hat on:

maybe MA realised that EU will soon be banned in europe and US due to stricter gambling laws and is now trying to annoy people as much as possible so they are going to simply stop playing and "wait" for a change in the system without selling out so that MA doesnt have to pay for withdrawals and can just keep the money.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Macce View Post
    So just be quiet , so nothing will be done to the bugs and faults?
    So your only two options are silence or petulant rage? What about constructive feedback?
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post

There are some pissed off people but there is also a lot of constructive feedback. This is not just about having to get used to something new, rearranging key assignments, learning the options, etc. There a fundamental changes that many feel need adjusting.
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Direction about you are talking is change EU from "more than a game" to "only another game"??

Really i would like to know an explanation with little apples, please. Because nobody here understand why this expensive change..

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 41 ... LastLast