Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

Mostly loving all of the new controls/interaction so far, especially combat is a lot less janky now and the avatar isn't juking around and twitching undesirably. Haven't had the "dead mob dry hump" effect yet either. Haven't had my avatar accidentally move when I'm trying to heal. Feels like a normal game now.

Biggest complaint is RIP afk hunting. Next target basically only targets something right in front of you, and auto-tool stops after each mob, so no more just hitting "next target" repeatedly to clear a whole area. Since that was my primary playstyle, it's a bit of a disappointment, but I'll adapt.

(edit: this is basically replaced by right-click now, and is actually much smoother)

Everything else so far is vastly superior though.

Oh, and I can't delete the stupid default icons at the top right, but I'll make a bug report for that.

if I can't hit next target on the keyboard I'm done.

Look Up and Look Down commands were removed from the action library.
Please add back

So I can't have an inventory icon on screen anymore? Is this a bug or one of the great new features?
ofc you can. top right row of icons....

Just hold F mate, it's in the release notes.

Thanks, for some reason my mind didn't connect interact button with pick up :) Still don't see why I can't do it with my mouse though.

This is so not true.

Try clicking on the ground to move to change the camera and then just right click on the mob you wish to kill. either you can just press F and it moves to next target.
Hunting is a lot smoother now, you just need to adapt.

Thanks, that's helped a lot.

Still annoying to use when hunting small moving mobs, especially at a distance, but it's better than nothing (although not as good as old system)

Ok, I thought I would come back soon to grumble and here we are..

Where is the 3rd person view now ?

"The maximum and minimum camera view distances in Third-Person mode have been adjusted."

Is it what you call "adjusted" ?..
Maximum distance has been divided by 20 ! :scratch2:

I used to ALWAYS play whith camera about 10m behind avatar..
I like to see what's happening around.

I can't hunt like this, I can't do mining like this, I can't play like this..

Please increase ALOT the maximum camera view distance in 3rd person view.

Ok, I thought I would come back soon to grumble and here we are..

Where is the 3rd person view now ?

"The maximum and minimum camera view distances in Third-Person mode have been adjusted."

Is it what you call "adjusted" ?..
Maximum distance has been divided by 20 ! :scratch2:

I used to ALWAYS play whith camera about 10m behind avatar..
I like to see what's happening around.

I can't hunt like this, I can't do mining like this, I can't play like this..

Please increase ALOT the maximum camera view distance in 3rd person view.

Yes this is also my problem, it dont works for me. It is not possible to see what happens around the character, it is not possible to see how many mobs i have behind me... :wise:

Look Up and Look Down commands were removed from the action library.
Please add back

Just tried playing from my phone using Splashtop - not having these commands hurts a bunch.

Will try more from my tablet using Splashtop tonight. Definitely things have changed for sure. Not sure if I'll be able to hunt effectively without the above commands and/or from a tablet anymore.

Seems like mouse is mandatory. I thought I remember someone saying to me that I would still be able to play from a keyboard only still...hmmm.

I'm trying to get used to it, some things are smoother but personally it feels like we're given 3 improvements for 20 drawbacks at the moment.

Will know more later, but really, feels like I've lost a lot of beneficial tools to play with

Tried a bit of mining, the lack of zoom and the snap back of the camera are even more annoying than when hunting.

You can't target your claim when holding driller, gotta find the claim and right click it.

For some reason, every time I find a claim the professions & contact list pop up???

Opening storage and in the middle of the screen I get the storage opened + my inventory so every time I need to replace both of them cause the inventory is overlapping storage. This is very annoying.

Also opening storage or auction makes me zoom in auto and zoom out again when closing, also very annoying. I'm not playing in full screen

Putting stuf in shop ... need to keep F pressed, then item info and finally I can ad a price ... pls pls pls change it back to the way it was before. Also every time I put a price on an item, I'm zooming in and out ... think I'm drunk at the end of the day lol

And at last but not least ... WHERE is my shop upgrade ....

Last edited:
Run into high agro mobs (thank god they were small ones only), kill it, press f to loot it, and straight away it shoots other mob, so scrambling around to try to loot previous mob.
Either fix this crap, or get rid completely of auto loot pills and just make it a default thing for all

WTF

Hunting big mobs, and need to heal, so heal, then have to wait a further second to use auto shoot again. (When before it was just 3 key presses that did it instantly.(numpad 0 heal, numpad 1, gun, numpad enter auto use)) Why Press and hold, why, just why??? Make it a single quick keypress.

WTF

Seriously hate this new camera crap, after 30 minutes doing newb mobs, so as not to waste ped (and hair). Trying on tougher mobs, especially those that agro, would just make me rage quit.

Last edited:
Great work MA, now the level of entropy in the game has increased significantly!)

All sounds lovely, interesting and intricate. I'll play some Tina Turner then..."Simply the best".

I'd wish the coder though didn't write the notes....know what I mean hahah.

How do I now run forward click on a mob and start shooting? simple shit like that? (50 year old style).

Coder; Utilise the context sensitive interacting entity button, hold it for free moving toggling mapping actions.....really? :D .....ok then.

I was swearing at my TV yesterday, when the misses put it into 'prime' mode went out and I couldn't get it back to normal cable mode. On-off, change channel, volume.....that's all I want.

Well I'll leave you guys to 'stress' test it for a bit, reading the comments funny stuff.

Rick

ok well, prolly I wont get any reactions from anyone again. But this is freaking moronic, took me hal;f an hour to figure out how to type. (type as response to pm, dont know how to start a pm to anyone)

Press Y, pops up message center, than I finally have my mouse and can look at the virtual keyboard, but than there is a freaking message center I cant close, cause than I cant type anymore.

Is there an easy noob guide out there?

What I want is a short guide for:
- being able to use mouse
- how to chat without messagecenter
- change keys back to how I had them
- how the hell to get to third person and back
- dont want static screen, I want my MOUSE so I can click whereever I want and when I want
- I have no freaking idea how I can heal people or teams now

F* moronic up, it really got me upset, and no that wall of text in the first post is just too much and my brain isnt in a good state of mind atm to be able to focus or get info in and have patience for this stuff. So if any kind soul out there could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated (skype name: lala groentje, or discord: Trifle#4232)

For now I just logged off, I just cant have this frustration take more energy from me.

To set a team target on anything that is more than 5 m away, you need to hover over invisible ~3x3 pixel square somewhere half-way between the mob and its label.

Not really usable.

I'm impressed ..... I expected a lot of Bugs and had to let someone else teach me.
Many things have been pactically invented from scratch. Remember it
getting used to, or relearning, will take some time, but it's also worth it. a lot has changed to positive. my worst expectations, to my astonishment, have not arrived. THANK YOU MA! As far as I could see on my short hunt, you did everything right!

What does this actually mean/do?

Lock Target is only possible for targets within a range of 180 meters and in the avatar’s line of sight. A marker will indicate which creature will be chosen as the next valid target. The lowest maximum range for Lock Target is 80 meters.

FFS, I've been thinking my use tool icon was the interact icon, no wonder I've had so much difficulty :laugh: Swapped them over now, it's better but I still don't like it. That camera snap back is an absolute bitch.

waste of developingmoney for this changes, alot of other stuff could have been fixed.

Lock Target is only possible for targets within a range of 180 meters and in the avatar’s line of sight. A marker will indicate which creature will be chosen as the next valid target. The lowest maximum range for Lock Target is 80 meters.

I'm good until that last sentence. :eyecrazy:

well i think when we get a hang of it. it will be good but this learning fase is gonna drive me nuts :eyecrazy::laugh:

As expected :

lots of stuff not working in space
  • targetting reticule has gone
  • cannot ask for access to a mothership from a quad
  • mobs are unootable unless you have a loot pill
  • changing from gun seat to pilot seat makes mob dissapear before you can loot it

It seems weapons have different lock ranges.
I was unable to lock a target with a melee weapon and a 60m range rifle, while I was able to target it with a 80m range rifle at the same spot.
RIP melee :eyecrazy:

10 mobs to the left, 10 mobs to the right, 10 mobs behind me, but lets run at that single mob infront of me 100m away - what a load of shit.

Hang on, I need to go throw up due to the camera moving constantly as the mobs approach.

First hunting report from Cyrene

What I expected 4 hours after release:
* Some bugs
* Some annoyance with new key mapping/way of playing

What I experienced after 1 hour and 500 kills later:
* Hunting on Cyrene is now WAY easier. I do not have to jump around on stuck mobs etc. HUGE improvement!
* Killing is very easy. Either hover over target and press F, or just right click. This is as simple as my 1-2-3 hunting (aim-autouse gun-loot).
* Looting doesn't work properly. I will have to hover over the dead mob in order to press F again to loot it, but if there's a mob standing nearby it will too easily become the target instead of me looting the mob. Annoying...so:
* I took a loot pill. WOW, that's something else! Yes, either make auto-looting a feature, or make sure that autoloot pill values are returned in the form of loot - auto loot pills are now CRUCIAL.
* Target is nice outlined in red. Lootable, dead mobs outlined in yellow. Nice feature.
* Camera angle is OK because the avatar turns WAY FASTER now, so it's easy to turn and aim - also huge improvement!
* Weapon seems to utilize range completely now when auto aiming (It didn't before).

That's how far I got in my testing. So far I am pretty positive. MA will weed out the bugs and make it even smoother I hope, and the new system will also be a lot more intuitive for new players.

one is for shure
there were no oldtime entropia players working on creating or testing this abomination

this is work of someone who just copy pasted from elswhere and dont care that it not maded for this game

PS DASHBOARD remove icons from screen is mising ….

Run into high agro mobs (thank god they were small ones only), kill it, press f to loot it, and straight away it shoots other mob, so scrambling around to try to loot previous mob.
Either fix this crap, or get rid completely of auto loot pills and just make it a default thing for all

The bold part worries me deeply, I hope they fix it soon. I wil NOT buy auto loot pills, if mobs can't be looted consistently I will not hunt at all.

Once things are fixed I think I'll like this new camera stuff.

:thumbup:

Back