Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

I would like to know why all the issues we are having here were not spotted by the players that were invited to MA to test this.

They were all "experts" in each field , were they not ?

This pissed me off for a while 'till I replaced the 'use tool' icon with the 'interact' icon. Hopefully that will do what u want it to.

Omg I could kiss you, thank you! ;):yay:

I think MA doesn't understand how many "tab hunters" there were in game who just set move to target when interacting, auto use tool and a loot pill/ring then just pressed tab to select next target after each kill. These are people who probably did the most grinding. MA could lose a lot of business if they don't adjust the new system so people can do that again. The next target selected should not just be what is viewable on screen, it should be what is closest. Or better yet, let us choose which way we want it to work.

This pissed me off for a while 'till I replaced the 'use tool' icon with the 'interact' icon. Hopefully that will do what u want it to.

Thanks, should try that with my FAP, too.

Would be awesome if I could map it onto my left mouse button. Sadly that is not doable.

I think MA doesn't understand how many "tab hunters" there were in game who just set move to target when interacting, auto use tool and a loot pill/ring then just pressed tab to select next target after each kill. These are people who probably did the most grinding. MA could lose a lot of business if they don't adjust the new system so people can do that again. The next target selected should not just be what is viewable on screen, it should be what is closest. Or better yet, let us choose which way we want it to work.

i used to tab hunt, its going to be hard to adapt if they doesnt put this type of gameplay back.

also when in terminals, move to target is always on, so you cannot be in multiple terminals as before, when using tt . auction and storage to move loot or selling items. terminal closes when changing ...

please consider the following changes:

-> make us disable this 'snap back feature' / this auto adjustement of the cameran in 3rd person view

-> increase the camera view distance in 3rd person mode

thx :)

For those who asked,

Yes you can use next target on keyboard, and it is the same key for auto-use and loot.
You just click it one time in order to lock a target and start auto-shoot.

So that's not bad.

But don't worry, there's alot of other things to complain about.. ;)

I am not sure what you are saying. I press tab "lock target" but do not see a "next target" key and it is not in the action library. Tab key selects the mob but nothing happens. Please explain I would like use that function.

Thanks

I thought you were saying that you only had to push "F" key once to get both actions, my bad, but pushing twice does work. I should have known that MA would not give up there loot pill revenue:)

Last edited:
I am not sure what you are saying. I press tab "lock target" but do not see a "next target" key and it is not in the action library. Tab key selects the mob but nothing happens. Please explain I would like use that function.

Thanks

Forget about 'lock target' and 'use tool' just click the 'interact' button or icon and it will target and auto-shoot a mob.

seriously... this game is basically unplayable now. all thsi zooming and snapping and the very very limited distance and auto target triggering is just so insanely bad. playing for 15 minutes makes me sick of how this looks and feels.

i can stand updates that kill the loot and i could stand updates that introduce thousands of bugs that are a hassle to get around... but destroying the look and feel and the comfort of playing that people build themselves made about 95% of the good feeling for playing this game.

now all of that is gone. it feels like total shit and destroys all fun. not to mention that grinding on low hp mobs without skill pill is basically impossible now. just ridiculous.

going to play other games now. thanks MA. you save me lots of money!

Thanks

I thought you were saying that you only had to push "F" key once to get both actions, my bad, but pushing twice does work. I should have known that MA would not give up there loot pill revenue:)

The key I was talking about is "Interact".

Sry MA with all my respekt and all friendly emotions. You guys have a game :

- with quests like Ultima Online in the beginning of the 90 (kill 1000, kill 5000, kill 10000, kill 100.000 and skill up)
- we have in this game no storyline, lore, rp or something that is similar to current games
- we have a few things that we can do, thats all...

People play this game and grind and make other things in this time, becouse we have not really a content. The watch Netflix, watch tv, eat, drink, talk with other people, check the www.

How in the world we can grind with this camera system? We need more space to zoom out, to see everything around us and kill many mobs in the time we have / fast.

And why i need on every mob a text that says me that i can loot it with F?

I have a Xbox One and a Playstation 4, the PS4 i have not use 1 year or more and the Xbox one is just my Media Center. I can have all the new Games the have exactly a camera System like this, with amazing content?

Sry i dont want be with my mind, my head and my energy to 100% in this game to manage to kill / grind 100.000 mobs with a camera system that makes things that was in the past easy--> now slow, confusing and difficult.

-This is like you have a colour blind child and you buy him a 4K TV and it exist not color blind glasses and by the way he dont want watch TV, he just want play soccer outside of the House.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
After limited time in mining and general interacting I see:

2-3 improvements
6-8 fuckups

This doesn't look good as it is all INTENTIONAL. Well, thanks for leaving auto use ingame MA. At least we don't have to use 3rd party clickers.

whats your problem ? anything with the mining ?

what was the point to be able to personnalize our keyboard to set a confortable way of playing if now this update changes everything... :handgun:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the posts in here. You convinced me that I'll wait until 16.0.1 or 16.0.2 before I do anything of value. However, I'm pretty sure some things will be improved. Not all of course... Where would we be then? ;)

The reset of the keys sounds bad, but actually it's not as I can (finally) follow suggested key-presses or help out in case somebody asks. No more "press that for the map" and the other one starts Pogo-dancing instead...

In case they really removed status bars of avatars I'll be highly annoyed as they were the only way to trade in crowded areas. I'm dead serious when I tell you that on some occasions I didn't see the avatar throughout the entire trade including saying goodbye and running to the TP.

Wait, what?! Well, it usually started in the trade channel, right-click, private chat, yadda-yadda, TP there, make the status bar appear, double-click it, once the running stopped perform the trade-action, drag items over, wait for PEDs, OK, OK, kthxbye and off.

And now I have to wait two minutes until all avatars were loaded and show up on the screen? (Mind that the important one usually appears last) Please no comments about buying better equipment...

Cameras? Hunting? We'll see...

btw guys, if you're a hater of the over the shoulder view try looking over the other shoulder :)

I'm right handed (not sure if that effects my view of the situation) and I'm much more comfortable looking over the left shoulder (although still would prefer directly behind).

The next target selected should not just be what is viewable on screen, it should be what is closest.
If there would ever be a golden fish in EU to grant you one wish - that would be it for me, about this VU. That's the only one thing I would like changed.

For you camera snap back haters, try rotating camera while pressing left mouse button and the camera should stay where it's put.

My wife is playing atm and her Kallous-6 CDF has the laser shooting backwards from the stock :laugh:

My sumarize so far (of bad things)

The short distance of camera in 3rd person view :

Extremely frustrating. (and maybe that's what gave me headaches in few hours)

The fact that "lock target" don't select the closest mob, and can't select a mob out of screen :

No word for this.. :rolleyes:

The limited range whithin a target can be locked :

Very annoying.
(I liked to zoom out max, pick up a mob at 200m and look at my avatar running and start shooting while I was drinking beer or coffee)

The fact that you loose a locked target when moving and it stop shooting (even whith sensitivity at minimum) :

Again very annoying.
Make it back how it was, when you move, it aim again at the locked mob and continue shooting.

That's the first and most important things to change IMO.

Of course there is also some things that are pretty good, but let's talk first about what is wrong. :wtg:

Hmm also I think the auto zoom when interacting whith a terminal, TP, or else, is (also) useless.
And I guess using them alot can easily makes you nauseous..

Oh.. Did I say that new font is ugly ? :confused:

Bug Report: Helicopter Pilot TPs not working. Interact with it, my avatar walks up close to it, then takes a step away and stops, teleport interface does not open.

Personal thoughts after 10 minutes this morning..... Unless this was done in preparation for an Oculus update, then it was time and resources wasted in making normal activities much more difficult for the players paying your bills.
I do not have a VR rig, but can see the romance of having one and selling this game as a VR universe..... time will tell I guess, hopefully the bugs get worked out quickly and you fix the tps and target selection asap.

so completely ruining fapping / team fapping
by an attempt of fixing pvp which has little user base and trying to prevent bots which seems like easy enough to do still

have you actually given this to a grinder prior to release?
it just seems you listen to incompetent players for advise or no players at all

* first person mode works worse than before constantly staring in mobs stomaches
* no proper zoomout / shoulder third person mode causes motion sickness, usability is crap
* moving the mouse while selected target and autoshoot on stops the autoshoot

the good things
* possible to somewhat revert to previous used keys
* non-direct target selection based on proximity to cursor is not too bad if never used it before

Can you deselect this new camera angle? that's the biggest crap there is.

Thanks for killing avatar customization

I've put hundreds and hundreds of ped into avatar customization and now I can't even look at my own avatar. To look at another avatar I must be right in front of it and then I can't zoom to detail on make up masks.

Why? Why is this a better system? How does this benefit players who really enjoyed the avatar customization aspect of the game?

Thank you so much for nerfing one of the better things about the game. I think I get it though. All the money people used to put into avatar customization as part of the player economy is now freed up to be put into the slot machine.

My sumarize so far (of bad things)

The short distance of camera in 3rd person view :

Extremely frustrating. (and maybe that's what gave me headaches in few hours)

The fact that "lock target" don't select the closest mob, and can't select a mob out of screen :

No word for this.. :rolleyes:

Two things that are the biggest pain in the ass for now and must be removed asap - no negotiations. Just get rid of this.

The have do it for VR..but the dont get it...a VR Universe with no content is nothing. Most of people dont even care about vr..nobody has ask for this new camera system..

No content, no great quests..boring grinding but with vr...this is ridiculous

Hi ;]

well today was a fun day wasnt it? lol ;)

sooo....alot of us... myself included, felt like we had just started playing the game all over again and feeling very noob .. having to relearn the new system lol

for me, it was not much of an issue as i adapt quickly, but i imagine for alot of veteran players the change was not so welcome and for some a frustrating and humbling experience lol

but all joking aside i like most of the new changes and....so far for me at least everything that ive done so far seems to be working as it should

my only complaints are that i cant zoom out fully anymore and cant seem to turn my avatar as shes running while rotating the camera around me to see whats going on , and that i cant use status bars anymore unless i am in a team , i dont know how many can be in a team atm but im hoping its been increased as healing sweat circles for example could now could be a bit more problematic if u cant keep an eye on who needs medical attention as easily lol ..

also picking up my ship now is alot more slower ..not good if in pvp especially, as i used to be able to fly in and be out of my ship and have it safe in my inventory b4 my feet even touched the ground lol

also i think we should be able to control the camera / control system to how we like it, as some of my friends do have some mobility issues and some mostly relied on mouse interaction, so for them the game might no longer be as easy to play or even impossible

also with such a big change like this, what i would have done is make it so every1 could do a series of reorientation missions much like the starter area so people can learn how everything works, perhaps the training area and something like batsim could be used as a simulation area where players can learn how to play both on land and in space with no risk to anything ...ofc no loots or skills would be given nor would anything be charged as this would be intended to teach players how to play and allow them to practice, and for a more personalized approach i think societies and mentors could use such a simulation area to help teach and train players

another question is would it be possible to use something such as a xbox controller to play perhaps sometime in the near future? as it feels like the game could become cross platform and maybe even mobile ..eventually probably 1 of the reasons for the changes i suspect :D

well as always i have fun playing the game gl guys have fun

JJ :D

Tested for some time new system and like it a lot.
Imagine some might take longer to adjust to the logic of it, but overall that "Interact" is great.
Ease of use with 1 click (replaces next and auto shooting).
Just, to fully utilize it, one very important thing must be done.
1. RANGE limit must be removed

second and third is optional, because it's really just a cherry on a top:

2. when you cleaned the mobs on the screen, target next the closest mob next to you (this can be partially done just by removing RANGE limit)
3. bit bigger distance in 3rd person view

For healers: Make drag out HP bar possible again (you can make it disappear when you distance from the person more than 35m).

Thank you again, for implementing such smooth and interactive system :)

[*] Lock Target is only possible for targets within a range of 180 meters and in the avatar’s line of sight. A marker will indicate which creature will be chosen as the next valid target. The lowest maximum range for Lock Target is 80 meters.

What does this mean for weapons with a range greater than 180meters?
My SR47 with 3 range enhancers on it is ~190meters

I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews on this update. Seems this update is as polarizing as the U.S. political parties! :D

Having not tried the update yet, I cant help but say I feel anxious to get home later and see what all this buzz is about.

One thing I've noticed about the current MA Team is that they do listen to and value feedback from the community. So hopefully after everyone's had a chance to try this out and point out the bugs -- MA can begin working on them.

I'm already reading about some things I know I'm going to miss, like not being able to access the TT + Auction + Storage + Crafting Terminal at once.

But I'm also hearing of some neat features like crosshairs changing colors based on the range of the mob, and the auto lock seems to have fixed the hit boxes.

For now I'll sit back and take a peek at what's going by following this thread. :popcorn:

Cheers

HAd a little play and quite liked all that's added, the lock on target no missed shots while manually shooting at a distance because of less dpi mouse and the guns range increased on auto shoot to its actual range which is great...having to re arrange the keyboard layout again was meh also there was an option under menu by pressing O and selecting second from bottom option

(Scroll changes Camera Mode) and checked it, so now can zoom in and out of ava with mouse scroll still not too happy about the limit on zoom out

but all in all like the new graphics and things added so far..

fapper was having issues with fapping and setting everything up as she couldn't set follow if she did her ava was walking backwards and wouldn't keep pointed towards me automatically...feel bad for her and othe folks who are having some issues..

Hope they get resolved

Regards
Tees

Back