Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

10 mobs to the left, 10 mobs to the right, 10 mobs behind me, but lets run at that single mob infront of me 100m away - what a load of shit.

Hang on, I need to go throw up due to the camera moving constantly as the mobs approach.

I have not logged in yet but this is concerning. It should target next closest mob no matter where it is or which direction you are facing.

I have not logged in yet but this is concerning. It should target next closest mob no matter where it is or which direction you are facing.

It is correct. Additionally, if you're using melee, and even though you can see something in front of you.....you cannot select it. Melee and Ranged weapons seem to have different rules to the range at which they can select a target.

So far:

1) Restore the ability to move by left mouse double-click action
2) Allow 'Lock Target' to apply to mobs closest to you, not just in your view
3) Allow 'Lock Target' to apply to any mob in visible range
4) Do not stop auto-use function when Lock Target is used, act as if Interact was used
5) Allow full zoom-out to be restored
6) TBA

NOT happy thus far... :rolleyes:

Seems you took away my favourite way of playing. :(

At least give us more zoom-out. No fun having your pet out and can only see the top of it while running. Also no use being able to find fruits and stuff now while running when missing it because of not enough zoom-out. :dunno:

Storage and Inventory windows should stay where dragged to on the screen and not constantly pop up in mid-window again and again and again. :wise:

As others mentioned, removing icons using L waste basket seems not to be working. Also, binding keys are still displayed wrongly: $ instead of 4, & instead of 6 asf. :cdevil:

Totally bonkers: Not being able to move backwards anymore, instead ava turning 180 degrees. :bomb:

On a positive note: Removal of item condition limit. :smash:

Last edited:
Haven´t tested it yet, took me over 1 hr, to get my keymappings back.

Will do a first testrun later, so far it looks not totally bad.

What I have noticed, what is very annoying:

Cant map anything on Enter or + key at numpad, why ????

I use numpad very much, its very comfortable for keyboard players like me, 2 important right hand keys missing now as you cant map anything on it, although it has no default mapping ?????

Can someone explain why ?

Cant map anything on Enter or + key at numpad, why ????

To map something to numpad +, you need to drop it when your cursor is on the upper half of the key. It does work, confirmed today.

edit: also take note that there is now a 'global action set' aka * that takes priority (or not) over specific ones. Now that's where the real mess begins.

Last edited:
Alot to learn :) Hopefully in the end it will be good :thumbup:

Quite disappointed in MA.

Removed the 4 things i use most while gaming:

• Auto Tool use (that does not stop when target dies).
  • Normal next target (that targets also behind me, and closest to me).
  • Extended zoom out (to find my next target while killing).
  • HP bar drag to prioritize my kills and keep track of old vs new spawns (to see loot avg changes).​

If i wanted to play a console game i would, and I don't !

I can totally agree with this 4 points, and I want to add that the zooming out from firtst person to go over the shoulder makes me sick, especially that it zooms out into the over the shoulder mode is very tiersome and will certainly shorten my hunting as it makes me sick this crappy change in viewing direction while zooming out.

Why is this new aimng point to the right of the center? Is there any way to bring it directly in front of the avatar and not to the right side? Also when you turn around your avatar and still look behind you why is this aiming point still there and has no more function other than highlight the target you cant interact with?

Last edited:
So wrong, so useless

well I logged in to keep hunting same mob as yesterday.
1. auto use is gone. interaction instead of it stops on every mob so need to be reactivated
2. avatar tries to enter the center of hitbox and stop shooting
3. crosshair is gone
4. after switching to heal tool target looses focus

my beloved Lord Satan what happened

I have questions:

How can I switch between mouse cursor mode and non cursor mode (previously switchable using Space bar)
Why is 3d visibility so limited?
How can I in this system do quick autoshoot, quick heal and then autoshoot,

But most important, give me back some possibility to use mouse when iteracting with things.

The bold part worries me deeply, I hope they fix it soon. I wil NOT buy auto loot pills, if mobs can't be looted consistently I will not hunt at all.

Once things are fixed I think I'll like this new camera stuff.

:thumbup:

It would worry me more for newbs doing, oh, lets say, daily merps at Orthos, and dying with 3 or 4 more unclaimed loots, because it takes about 20 seconds of trying to get the cursor underneath the mobs happily chewing away at you, to try to loot the damn thing.

Scale that up to Osseo's or big spiders, and you have a problem.

I'd love to have seen the open quote " guy who designed this" close quote try this new hunting style on lets say a pack of Atrox hatchlings, without using a loot pill. Or for that matter, the ability to walk backwards.
But no, we see 1 mob at a time, with ridiculous dps and range that he can kill virtually as soon as it gets to him, in the demo video's. (Dunno myself, maybe he actually tried and said screw that, they will just have to put up with it)

P.S.
No, I don't use loot pills either, and should not be forced to under this abomination.

Last edited:
Only had 5 min to play with the changes onboard ship before i had to go out but i think i like most of what i see so far. The controls and camera are very much like elder scrolls online and they made very good use of it in this way. I look forward to testing it out further later.

Let's see ... when Microsoft brought to light Windows 8, it eliminated the start menu ... to discover that it was essential, and to have to bring to light windows 10 with start menu again ....

Rectify is wise, MA ... I do not say more ...

Click to move was removed as well (I think Slyk said above) - not good for how I play(ed)

Click to move was removed as well (I think Slyk said above) - not good for how I play(ed)

Im actually soo happy click to move was removed. I e been trying to find a way to disable that for a long time

Please roll it back.

I'll stick around a few weeks and see what gets hotfixed, but for my playstyle the game is now dead to me. I understand software release as I've worked in the business for a portion of my career, but you've killed off a couple demographics of users with this. Hopefully the dev team remains diligent and doesn't burn out, but I feel there are some things to be addressed.

Well, after some test, I am sorry I have to say I'm very disapointed whith the new hunt system for now, and I really hope for some quick changes.

That's right there is some nice features.. the ones that have nothing to do whith new camera system.

But the main thing, hunting system, is not good right now.

First, the distance of camera in 3rd person view is really too short.

It was suposed to make it "smoother" ?
It's worse now, cause you have to manually aim at a mob to target it..
The vision is so restricted now, that you have to check your radar everytime to know if a mob is close "behind" you..
Then, manually rotate your avatar in order to aim it.

To sumarize, you drastically reduced the vision area, and make it impossible to auto-aim a mob that is not on the screen.. :scratch2:

No doubt, people who worked on this have no idea what hunting is about in this game..

As I said 4 months ago;
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...est-Workshop&p=3670475&highlight=#post3670475

The "next target" (or "lock target" now), should pick up the CLOSEST mob in priority, whatever happens.
The idea of pick up the mob which you need less rotation was in case of multiple mobs at same distance.. :wise:

So this was the first impression after some test.. for sure there is alot more to tell.

Let's just talk about æsthetic: IT IS UGLY :girl:

New font is ugly.
This grey and red... "thing" around the locked mob is ugly. (and totaly useless)

Please roll it back.

I'll stick around a few weeks and see what gets hotfixed, but for my playstyle the game is now dead to me. I understand software release as I've worked in the business for a portion of my career, but you've killed off a couple demographics of users with this. Hopefully the dev team remains diligent and doesn't burn out, but I feel there are some things to be addressed.

Exactly how I feel, after half hour ingame the only thought left was EU is dead to me now

Will look into it in a few weeks time, but atm I really cant be bothered at all. I have a PS4, but there is a reason I never play it, I loved the manner how I could play EU

At least they fixed hitboxes!
But broke everything else in the process lol!
Broke is a little harsh, maybe hunting is difficult or not as easy as it was in the past is better said.

Best release ever !

I only hunt as you all know and a harsh critic of MA, but this IMO is the best I have seen in 11+ years of playing.

I played about 3 hours this morning and, although there were a couple of things I did not think I would like, like on the select next target it has to been in your sight. That is actually great IMO and if you want to deselect the target just look down, not the annoying had to run to target like before. I don't like the 3 person over my left shoulder and there may be so way to change that but after hunting this morning, who cares:). I did not like them locking the stuff at the top of the screens (I tried to get rid of a couple but couldn't) and it was not a big deal anyway.

The only two things that I found was:
1. If the target I selected was out or range the run to the target my ava tremble and shook and ran kind of slow but as soon as I was close enough for the auto use it stopped and I just hit the run key to move to the target faster. Here again no biggie.

2, On smaller mobs like Phasms if they are close when they died sometimes I would lose focus and have to move the weapon down to loot, here again no biggie.

The biggest thing I found was NO STUDDER ON ANY MOB !!

I like the hunting better now I think than before.

I do feel sorry for the people that were fired because obviously this are NOT the same programmers as before LOL.

Please roll it back.

Chipped some out before this update. Think this solidifies that to continue. Guess time will tell of course however I feel like there is always unwelcomed news instead of something exciting.

Not to mention they nerfed run speed soooo why even grind and get attributes? I am saving attribute tokens for what purpose now? Run like a snail!

Congrats

Another Quality Job there Mindark

(Edit - Apologies as I had to add Sarcasm manually - in case MA actually thought I was serious)

Exactly how I feel, after half hour ingame the only thought left was EU is dead to me now

Will look into it in a few weeks time, but atm I really cant be bothered at all. I have a PS4, but there is a reason I never play it, I loved the manner how I could play EU

And don't underestimate this kind of reaction. :wise:

I've heard more "I'm done whith this game" in 2 hours than in 12 years playing..
And I surprised myself thinking the same thing for the first time.

Now I go back in game for more test..
I will keep scrolling back my mouse wheel whith the hope that the camera eventually move away from my avatar's ass.. :dunno:

Back