Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

I mostly mine, and since I mouse left handed, I already had most of my keys custom mapped to something different to use with my right hand. Regular movement hasn't really changed for me anyways, but the the way the camera works is starting to grow on me.

I'm still getting use to how auto-using a tool for extraction works though, and I do miss having a single key to press for that.

The center screen dot can take a little bit away from immersion if you like having a clear screen outside of first person view (maybe more of a miner thing than a hunter thing, especially since you already get a target when you equip a gun), so I wish there was an option to disable it unless I'm missing something.

Likewise, I don't need to know how to get in my vehicle after the 10,000th time, so it's great I can at least shrink down the text, but it would be nice to disable what amounts to tutorial text. You can disable seeing exact damage done on mobs with the Show Action Text on Target option, so it would make sense to add this for interaction text too.

I sent in a report awhile back about how Spears and other hover vehicles are prone to damage on slightly uneven terrain, but it looks like the way you exit vehicles now actually fixed that (or at least severely lessened it). The only vehicle thing that's just a slight complaint I've found so far (aside from getting used to the responsiveness changes of vehicles) is that exiting a Sleipnir causes the camera to swing around really quick. I'm sure it could be tweaked to be a little less jarring, but that's really all I got so far.

Overall a net improvement in my book that shouldn't need too much tweaking.

Funny, you can zoom way out when sitting in a vehicle...

move left/move right makes a vehicle *rotate* left/right

rotate left/rotate right makes a vehicle move/strafe left/right

This is backwards.

edit: I mean flying vehicles ofc

Last edited:
All I can say is this Efin SUX -y change something that worked well to something that works like shite?? Havent the devs got anything sensible to do? signed pissed off Vet!!

Well, it's first version so I hope they will polish it a bit based on feedback. Hunting feels more dynamic now but few things that got into way:
- fix looting using keyboard, right now mob is deselected on dying and I have to point a mouse at it and press F again. Sometimes other mob goes into way and it's attacked instead of old one looted on F press, so annoying. I understand you don't want next target to pick dead mobs, fine with me. But don't deselect corpse on dying, keep it selected so we can press F again and loot it - without risk of attacking other mob getting into view. Current way of looting is annoying, too much mouse pointing for me + not very accurate in dense spawns.
- not sure why next target doesn't work on mobs behind me, it's not uncommon to you argo more mobs than you want so you run away from spawn a bit (so you won't argo more) and then target mob chasing you. No longer possible, next target won't pick mob behind me - i have to turn around manually to select it which is a bit annoying.

I saw more ppl complaining about these things so I hope MA will fix it based on feedback.

No OTS left now just right?...

thumb_down.gif

F...

Agree 1000% Mega :bowdown:

:boxer:MA:boxer:

For mining it is an improvement.

You do not have to drag the claim bar anymore before you start to drill, just equip the extractor point to the claim and press F or in my case right mouse button.

No zooming in/out (luckely) until you want to check your TT return and use a portable unit ... zoom in/zoom out (so annoying)

I used to zoom out a lot more than is possible now, just to see if any stones or fruits pop up. This isn't possible anymore but the fruits seems to be a lot bigger now, dunno about stones yet.

You do not have to drag the claim bar anymore before you start to drill, just equip the extractor point to the claim and press F or in my case right mouse button.

You never had to drag the claim bars. I for one never did so.

You never had to point to the claim, now you have. Hardly an improvement.

i think overall we can say that some people, who were happy before, still kinda like it despite its many flaws and lots of people who liked it before now hate this game. well done. id call that a great update.

THIS IS GREAT!

I am gonna save so much money.

I'm also not going to play again until MA fires the idiots that created this massive cluster f*&k, hire REAL engineers and revert EU to a level it can be played without a special degree in figgeringshitout.

Oh quit whining you little child. You are yourself wholly unintelligent from every single interaction I've had with you, quit flaming.:lolup:

After having messed with it a few hours I think I like it. I'm finding it a little more comfortable in 1st person now because I'm not sure I'm into my toon being so far off to the side yet and I also cant access or manipulate my pathfinder from outside of it in my sleip or enter it even. The controls also feel incomplete somehow like half new half old but overall in a lot of ways its an ergonomic improvement and look forward to some more fine tuning and to be able to access my pathfinder =p

*edit*
By "incomplete" im referring to the semi mouse operation(old) / semi new interaction(which I like).

Probably gonna get flamed for saying so... but after having a chance to play with the new interface and controls for about 2 hours I really like it overall!! ~ here's my feedback (for whatever it's worth).

Pros:
* Outline on mobs/avatars/items (I love this feature!)
* Notes display on items (hover over a ring or weapon, tells you stats and DPS) If you hover over armor it shows the stats of the current equipped armor and compares it to the one you're looking at, this is rad!
* Loot appears top left, but slightly to the right of the annoying tab that got in the way before, good fix
* General movement feels fluid and cleaner (I like how my avatar can turn around and run backwards or side to side but my camera stays still)
* New interact font
* Hunting is still taking some getting used to and needs a couple tweaks
* Target locking to a mob is great
* Pressing 'F' to use the auto-tool seems easy
* Flying vehicles is better than before
* The fact many botters have to make new bots is good
* Game feels like a slightly newer updated game

Cons:
* Fappers need to drag health bars from players to do their job, this needs fixed ASAP.
* Tab hunting seems to be gone :( and to be honest, EU is a game I play while surfing the web, watching something on my second monitor or reading Reddit. The demographic of this playerbase may have been overlooked by you guys when you removed this feature. Tab hunting is pretty much a requirement with the grindyness of this game. I love EU, but what I love about the game is it is often meant to be played semi-AFK.
* I can't open a TT, Auctioneer, Crafting Terminal and my Storage at the same time
* Some of the zooming while hunting could be either reduced or create an option to remove it for those that don't like it. For example: when you switch to a FAP from your hunting gear it zooms out, and then right back in when you switch back, I don't think this is necessary.
* I miss being able to zoom out a ton and see my surroundings, why has the zoom been capped? I will say I feel more involved in hunting than before, being close to the mob, but again this brings back the demographic and way this game has been played for so many years. You can't honestly expect to force players to be that involved in a 10k mission on every mob... That takes a lot of energy and key pressing, there's gotta be a way to bring back that AFK feel while maintaining this new camera.

My overall score for this patch is probably a 7.5 or maybe even an 8 out of 10. I definitely think this is an improvement to the game, and I think I understand why you guys were excited about it. There seems to have been a lot of little fixes and micro changes to the UI/Interaction, information and general feel of the game and movement. Especially movement... There's a lot less camera jerking when going around corners and navigating the land or flying your ship. It feels modernized, without updating the engine. Kudos guys.

I'm sure you're taking in all the feedback, filtering through what you guys think is important and hopefully game-planning some fixes. If I was working on your team I would prioritize 3 major fixes:

1. Bring Tab Hunting back
2. Fix Fappers ability to heal easily
3. Make zooming adjustable
(let me remove all the micro zooms and let me zoom way the hell out)

Again, these are my opinions only after playing the game for 2 hours -- so they may change and I may recant or add things to them. But I like it!

Now I gotta head to the rig and try me out some PVP. Translation = skill translocation. :D

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to the little fixes to come.
-MsPudding

My first impressions and questions (sorry if some of these have been answered or is a repeat, I haven't gone through all 26 pages).

I do not like games changing the settings on you without at least telling you when you log in.

I don't like the "over the shoulder" look....at all. I zoomed out in third person to avoid this, but as a result of the fixed camera for hunting this causes the camera to move in / out, which is annoying. Also, as someone who has motion sickness I do not like the fixed camera for hunting at all, the slight movements as the mob is moving are unsettling.

I will miss the really zoomed out for mining.

Why does lock target not target mining claims? Also it doesn't seem to actually tab target mobs unless they're out of range. Tab targeting was really the best feature that was added in like the past ~3 years.

Why does interact not enable auto-use on healing chips when I'm not targeting a creature?

Is there a way to get rid of the dot in the middle of my screen?

I don't like the cursor in third person. If i wanted a cursor I'd play first person.... And I don't like the additional information on screen.

Torene

Ok 3 hours in...

Some other little things I'm noticing:

Pros:
* PVP is so much better! Vehicle explosions kill the player and remove the vehicle (no more vehicle exploits at the rig yay!)
* Prompt asking you if you want to convert shrapnel (in case u missclick a huge stack)
* 'F' Auto use tool turns off after killing a mob (which in pvp is really nice, no wasted ammo)
* Double clicking armor parts or weapons to equip them is nice

Cons:
* Each time I interact with a terminal my inventory moves back to the center after I've drug it off to the right (I like keeping my inventory top right of my screen, not in the middle)
* Again, all these micro zooms are too much for me I'm afraid. Zoom to terminal, zoom to auctioneer, zoom to mob, zoom away to fap, zoom back, zoom to interact with this or that. :/ I'm not geriatric (reference to a different thread) but even at my age, 36, I am beginning to feel a little sick as others have said. I don't think I've ever been queasy from playing EU in 10 years but after 3 hours I'm feeling a little motion sick, dang, it was real what others have said about wanting to throw up after extended play :D
* Being forced to play in OTS (Over The Shoulder) mode in 3rd person should be an option like before, not mandatory. I do miss the really far out zoom directly centered on my ava.
* Can't seem to exit auto-aim and chat w/ someone or press 'ESC' while still attacking the mob.
* Run speed feels nerfed? I feel so sloooow! Even after eating a candy cane.

I have yet to try crafting or mining, I'm assuming very little change to crafting, but mining might be a different story.

As far as hunting goes, I guess some "casual" hunters who don't care too much about kill speed and don't want to do something else on the side at the same time won't mind the changes. Also those who don't mind lots of keyboard and mousing sometimes to run to or find the next target in between mobs, I guess they won't care.

As for the rest of us, which are many and include "tab hunters" and those who want to be able to kill a lot of mobs as quickly as possible without tons of rsi inducing input, this system needs some improvements.

The good (don't change):

- not targeting of mobs that are partially or entirely behind objects so you get dragged towards them slowly while not being able to hit them is much appreciated.
- the fast speed of the reticule to target is great
- the reticule staying on center of the mob and the avatar not getting dragged toward the mob is a godsend. :bowdown:
- auto use tool turning off after mob dead is nice, no more wasted shots in pvp zones.

The bad (change this):

- closest hittable mob should be targeted, not just what is in front of you.
- closest hittable mob should be targeted even if it's out of range of your weapon.
- need to be able to zoom out from avatar much more, and also on center, not just left or right shoulder.

You've made things difficult for a lot of people who spend a lot of money on your game, not good.

seriously... this game is basically unplayable now. all thsi zooming and snapping and the very very limited distance and auto target triggering is just so insanely bad. playing for 15 minutes makes me sick of how this looks and feels.

i can stand updates that kill the loot and i could stand updates that introduce thousands of bugs that are a hassle to get around... but destroying the look and feel and the comfort of playing that people build themselves made about 95% of the good feeling for playing this game.

now all of that is gone. it feels like total shit and destroys all fun. not to mention that grinding on low hp mobs without skill pill is basically impossible now. just ridiculous.

going to play other games now. thanks MA. you save me lots of money!

Aye...especially with that one game that came out last Friday...nice story, amazing graphics and it did only cost me 100EUR with the premium account...

100EUR...thats only half of what I lost in three days hunting ...
100 EUR for a whole year and over 180 games! :D

"Invested" (aka "lost") around 50k PEDs last year, most of that went into MU on guns/armour and repairs.
Got nice skills for it, it felt that the money was well spent for the time I played (except for maybe those 5k spent on explosive projectiles)...but a change like this ?
I am not against "additions", did not complain that the no looters went away (aka "less globals and exitement") or Loot2.0 (aka "less globals and exitement").
I never used Tab (did not even know it existed prior to this update), allways pulled the health bar to see if someone else was shooting on that mob to not be blamed for a kill-stealer.
With the system now and their simple "point to target" I can see absolutely no benefits.
Let alone that I could not possibly play it after a few beers without puking.

New years resolution after this update...spent 5000 EUR on beer rather than Entropia.

(and yes...I know...5k is not much but I am only a higher noob/lower medium level )

This just shows how differently people play, and why some changes don't bother one person but have another person ready to cash out.

Dragging healthbars from claims before drilling??? I would equip my driller, select next target then auto tool. My avatar would then run off to find the claim even if it was hidden in dense bushes and extract automatically, now i have to search for the claim myself :(

I like the upgrade. Enjoyed Entropia before the upgrade and enjoy playing the game after the upgrade :yay::yay:

...fix looting using keyboard, right now mob is deselected on dying and I have to point a mouse at it and press F again. Sometimes other mob goes into way and it's attacked instead of old one looted on F press, so annoying. I understand you don't want next target to pick dead mobs, fine with me. But don't deselect corpse on dying, keep it selected so we can press F again and loot it - without risk of attacking other mob getting into view. Current way of looting is annoying, too much mouse pointing for me + not very accurate in dense spawns...

I forgot this yesterday. :wise:

Totally agree, again something that makes hunting slower and less smooth than before..

So either don't deselect on dying or let us loot it whithout the need of aiming the corpse anyway.

I don't like a lot of things but probably will learn to live with them. What's absolutely intolerable is this camera bobbing and zooming on interaction. Never had a problem to play even for 12+ hours straight but yesterday got a splitting headache within a couple of hours after VU. Logged in today afresh and lasted for a hour.

Give back a rigid camera option, and forced OTS must go too.

Cons:
* Lazy Fappers need to drag health bars from players to do their job, this needs fixed ASAP.

Fixed that for you.
As a new and part time healer, no, healers do not need to drag the HP bar. Except if they want to netflix and heal. Or do something and heal. Healers can either heal or netflix. Healers do a job and they get payed for it, they should not complain they can't netflix during the job :D

It's more engaging this way, you have to keep your hands on the keyboard and mouse and that's all. is that too much to ask from ...gamers? :D

Yeah definitely getting the feel for the origins of the VU ideas.
Just one far fetched idea away on the drops of fen event items was Penethol as well helping out? :D
Fixed that for you.
As a new and part time healer, no, healers do not need to drag the HP bar. Except if they want to netflix and heal. Or do something and heal. Healers can either heal or netflix. Healers do a job and they get payed for it, they should not complain they can't netflix during the job :D

It's more engaging this way, you have to keep your hands on the keyboard and mouse and that's all. is that too much to ask from ...gamers? :D

Yeah definitely getting the feel for the origins of the VU ideas.
Just one far fetched idea away on the drops of fen event items was Penethol as well helping out? :D

It is definitely harder to do certain things now, but, I'm sure that you, as a competitive player, can appreciate the competition :)

Was this aimed at stopping people playing while drunk?Because if you get sick while sobber with all the auto zoom-ins and out,if you have a few beers on board...watch out keyboard!!!
From all the things that this game needed they develop this shit...unf***ing beliveble....

Spawned Papplon while running round TI lake, immediately hit F––and lost total control over ava. Keys not working, icons not working, mouse not working, also could not get out into cursor mode. Ava kept on running, jumped into the lake, almost got eaten by a Razertooth, found land again, carried on and was finally and luckily stopped by a cliff too steep to climb, before he could rampage through Furor grounds.

:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

This just shows how differently people play, and why some changes don't bother one person but have another person ready to cash out.

Dragging healthbars from claims before drilling??? I would equip my driller, select next target then auto tool. My avatar would then run off to find the claim even if it was hidden in dense bushes and extract automatically, now i have to search for the claim myself :(

I agree, I mining at least 9 hours per day semi afk watching Netflix / Youtube and it would be great to have the auto target and auto move on the claim at least when I equip the excavator. Having to aim claim and press "F" makes the game completely "square"

This has to be the Best VU they have released

What they have done here is the best thing I have seen them do so far....

They introduced a new system that no one asked for all awhile neglecting all the broken systems and undelivered systems that have been promised for years in some cases...

What are we paying for.... (Do NOT say this game is FREE have you hunted lately?)

I am use to the introduce new features and bring a few bugs with it... but this? this takes the cake.

How am I to be positive when they keep taking away all the stuff we want and giving stuff we do not ask for...

Was this aimed at stopping people playing while drunk?Because if you get sick while sobber with all the auto zoom-ins and out,if you have a few beers on board...watch out keyboard!!!

Hehehehe :D :D

From all the things that this game needed they develop this shit...unf***ing beliveble....

Maybe they expect to tell the outsiders, "Come, my camera looks like camera from your current game ...!" But if they told me that I would not come, because it would be the same to tell me, "buy this car that is handled just like yours ..!" (and I would answer, "many are handled like mine ... and what?")

Really i would like to understand only why... Changing only for changing? or maybe " I dont know the old programming for that reason i need recreate it in my way?" Well, i would like to understand..

Last edited:
Back