Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

Dear Mr. Detrius
(blah blah blah)

The new system needs tweaks, no doubt about it. What you guys fail to understand is that it's a framework, and will be improved upon. This was already told up front. It was told afterwards. The reason you think that I think everyone is retarded is because a lot of people here are acting retarded. Half of this thread would not exist had people simply read the fucking release notes.

I have been a little overzealous because I'm trying add some counter-balance to the batshit crazy posts here. MindArk needs some encouragement, some constructive feedback... not this insane obnoxious petulant crying. It's just a fucking game. You peeps completely lose your shit over everything. I have mental health issues, but reading these forums, jesus fucking christ I feel like most of you should be locked up.

And hunting 12-16hours a day I definately didn't go broke after the loot pills
You should think twice , 0.5 x 15 x 28 days x 12 months = 2520 ped
Some could find a new way to complain that the loot pills doesn’t go back into the loot pool and loosing 8 % TT because of it , and even not a lucky loot pill that loot some items ...

Never using the loot creature key during hunts and always using a loot pill it's hard for me to appreciate the negative impact of this change for those who don't use loot pills at all, but, one of the nice features related to this is that the gun stops firing now after the creature is dead and not being super focused every mob, there was a lot of waste in PVP hunts which is now gone and I love it.

IMO looting did not become that much harder now in this new system, you can swap to cursor mode after locking another target and quickly click in carcass to loot it (either mouse button 1 or 2).

I do appreciate not having the auto fire on in pvp areas, I'm always conscious of trying not to fire any extra shots, since as you know all shots used to cost everywhere, still sort of hangs with me :D

As far as making it harder; now it is sometimes a lot more difficult, turning around and, backing up, often after already attacking a new mob, starting to run after it, going in and out of cursor mode to try and catch the loot.. which may not even be on screen with the camera movements... now behind you.... then back to aiming, which now the target is no longer locked as you hit the interact key again to loot...and targets something that was behind you from the start,a 3rd mob... then if you were not in cursor mode, and hit the interact key again to loot but wasn't quite on the hit box, auto fire starts. During which time the 2nd mob if you already tagged it...is heading for you or chewing on you. Then hope no other creatures have noticed this bizarre behavior and decides to come for you.

This doesnt happen super often... but that is a load of key strokes/mouse movement/ clicking. compared to how it was, just left clicking, or hitting one key to loot, you the system didn't automatically try to do anything for you.

just thought I would add a few things that slipped under the radar as everybody has struggled with getting used to the new stuff

1. looting range in much less than it was (as well as requiring mouse to point at dead mob before looting )
2. many mobs are hitting harder than before hadarrada nusals ostelocks to name 3 (bad spellings) on ark are all more aggressive no doubt there are other mobs that have been changed ? and we never noticed due to struggling with everything

it is typical major update , everybody will moan MA will do some quick tweaks to appease a few , and we will all get back to playing after adapting .

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Thank you!

From my own viewpoint, reinstating the look up/down actions would go a long way in that it brings back the ability to play with keyboard only.

I think the best way currently to cover as much ground as possible is to go through the list of things you yourself consider obsolete or no longer needed, challenge them one by one and only remove what truly is a hindrance to implementing new features or fixing known problems. I don't believe the aforementioned falls into that category.

I think the best way currently to cover as much ground as possible is to go through the list of things you yourself consider obsolete or no longer needed, challenge them one by one and only remove what truly is a hindrance to implementing new features or fixing known problems. I don't believe the aforementioned falls into that category.

This is exactly what we are doing right now. We just recently released a small patch today and we will most likely release one next week also with some more things so I beg for your patience and keep posting feedback.

This is exactly what we are doing right now. We just recently released a small patch today and we will most likely release one next week also with some more things so I beg for your patience and keep posting feedback.

Can we expect notes for today's patch?

You should think twice , 0.5 x 15 x 28 days x 12 months = 2520 ped
Some could find a new way to complain that the loot pills doesn’t go back into the loot pool and loosing 8 % TT because of it , and even not a lucky loot pill that loot some items ...
I don't need to think twice, it's a cost I'm paying without problem to be more efficient in what I do.
If instead of speed, the daily coats had autoloot, I think everyone would have done those dailies - MA - please figure out something so we have free autoloot - it seems it's a big issue for many players to pay for autoloot pills.
Not having autoloot pill on at marcimex majestic is risky; I got critted by another mob imeddiately after the one I was shooting died and I didn't have time to loot it and there's a 3.5 minute run from start with full speed so it's 100% lost loot (12ped mob). It happened to me more times than I would like to discuss... But other than that, autoloot just increases efficiency as a hunter by a small fraction but totally worth it at higher level and especially on longer runs.

I do appreciate not having the auto fire on in pvp areas, I'm always conscious of trying not to fire any extra shots, since as you know all shots used to cost everywhere, still sort of hangs with me :D
Hehe yeah, I agree. I think it was harder to learn the old system initially than it is to adapt to the new one today. It's not easy but not super hard either, you just have to be open to change and not reject it immediately :D

Thanks a lot for an option to adjust left-right camera! Finally made it back to the center!:yay:
Now waiting for distance adjustment, just to make it a bit further and it will be all good!

Can we expect notes for today's patch?

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/news/pages/2019/02/21/2425/index.xml

Version 16.0.1 Patch Notes

Changes

“Lock Target” range is now the same for all tools, 180m
City Plots now have "F to interact" for its management objects
The target reticle no longer displays a health bar for an items condition
Activating aim mode while editing the desktop will turn off editing
Movement using left and right mouse buttons will stop as soon as you release either button
You will no longer be able to target anything when in photo camera mode
You can now adjust the camera horizontally and vertically in any position under Options/Gameplay
When interacting with an entity, the camera will now center between the player and the edge of the entity, not its center
The camera distance will not change zoom level when interacting, only a slight focus

Fixed Issues

Client crash fixes
Televator terminal will no longer display outlines around nothing
Fixed an issue when using the "Create Equipment Sets" from the context menu the "Drag to Box Select" icons were activated
Fixed an issue where the center for the third person space vehicle camera is incorrect after warping
Fixed an issue with objects disappearing when switching to aim mode while placing an object
Holding right-mouse button to open context menu will now work in aim mode
It is now possible to select multiple desktop icons on the desktop, without rotating the camera
Fixed an issue with the selection box in desktop edit mode got stuck if you leave edit while selecting
Fixed an issue when activating cursor mode, you briefly get the cursor you had before you left cursor mode
Fixed an issue where the camera could be offset in aim mode by left mouse rotating the camera while temporarily in cursor mode
Fixed an issue where some chairs that you cannot sit on had "Sit" interaction
Fixed an issue where the Terminals on ROCKtropia were unresponsive
Space/vehicle updates
The interaction range in space is now 200 meters.
Hold to interact didn't work for non-players, like your mothership.
"Enter" is no longer a default action for motherships.
You no longer have to move within range for View Information when in a vehicle.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for an option to adjust left-right camera! Finally made it back to the center!
Now waiting for distance adjustment, just to make it a bit further and it will be all good

A slider for maximum zoom distance in 3rd person will be in the next patch, plus some more adjustments that I belive you will find useful.

The new system needs tweaks, no doubt about it. What you guys fail to understand is that it's a framework, and will be improved upon. This was already told up front. It was told afterwards. The reason you think that I think everyone is retarded is because a lot of people here are acting retarded. Half of this thread would not exist had people simply read the fucking release notes.

I have been a little overzealous because I'm trying add some counter-balance to the batshit crazy posts here. MindArk needs some encouragement, some constructive feedback... not this insane obnoxious petulant crying. It's just a fucking game. You peeps completely lose your shit over everything. I have mental health issues, but reading these forums, jesus fucking christ I feel like most of you should be locked up.

What you fail to understand is that the new system changes the how we play, not what we play. Adding (L), tiers, mêlée/MF amps, new mobs, new gear, efficiency all changes the what. It's still they same same game at the core, at the way the game interact with a pressed key or click of the mouse.
What we have here with VU.16 is that the game no longer acts like it was. And not just because of a bug, but because of a deliberate change. It changes the how, what keys to press and how to move your mouse.

We act retarted? Lol, no dear troll. We act because it looks like a monkey is pulling the strings of my avatar and it makes me sick. Reading the notes, yes I did. That doesn't change the feelings I have about it all.
Many who you claim to be whining have given constructive feedback. Now and in the past. We/They say what is wrong, what makes them angry and why, and in many cases also states how MA can improve it. Is that not constructive?
We should be locked up because we critize MA? Trollollol :lolup:

Could you please state what direction you/MA want the game to go too, as Raffaelle had asked before me.
It feels to me that you changed my milk from cows into goats milk and say you need to tweak it a little to get a most excellent taste. It's still milk, but it's not the same.

A slider for maximum zoom distance in 3rd person will be in the next patch, plus some more adjustments that I belive you will find useful.

Great work, you guys patched quite a lot of stuff in basically a day. It will never be fast enough for some, but keep up the incremental fixes!

*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dennis|MindArk again.
+Rep

Good work in such a short time.

I know I've said it a couple times, but please also look into adding an option to hide or disable Crosshair, Damage Flash Star, In Range Indicator etc.
Focusing on these bobbing around on the mob makes me sick. The flash alone is hard on the eyes.

Hi, got caught just now believing your change to zoom was a minimal concession and I was thus pretty pissed off.

If you are making further changes, please do not force the zoom right back in when using weapons -when using explosives it is going to be super annoying if damage values are going to be spread all around the screen. My eyes won't be able to cope.

And yes, a slider to actually zoom us out a lot further would be appreciated, ty!

edit: "The camera distance will not change zoom level when interacting, only a slight focus" Well the 'focus' is a zoom in with a zoom that is not far enough out in the first place. I would consider it clear enough that an avatar is focussed by having the problematic 'dot' in screen centre added to with more "aimerabilia" around it now. (hey, new word there meaning stuff that clutters your screen as part of the aiming process - similar to the word memorabilia)...

Last edited:
The new system Crap Crap Crap others say blah blah blah.

Thanks for your comments if you would have read this thread you would have noticed that I read the fucking release notes or why would I have spotted that the Instructions where flawed f.x. that you need to enable a certain feature in Options so that a feature works like they described?

For you it's just a fucking game? So why are you so crappy to all the people who uses this service for more than 10 years, have several thousand dollars and a lot of time invested in it and want to continue to use this service for many years and doing so giving the developers of MA the funds to be paid for their work?

I always thought a business thrives the best when they care for their customers and listen to their needs. I cant remember that 90% of the introduced "features" where requested at any time by the customers, same as with Compet or Crypto-Crap.

I did never ever read someone posting I drag not out HP Bars so they have to be removed even though a lot of people use it.
I never ever read a post where they stated get rid of zoom out so far or most of the "features" they introduced with this VU but you will surely provide me with links to all this threads where all this features where requested by the player base.
Thank you in advance for your effort.

Kudos to Dennis; it is "a little more reassuring" to see that someone from Mindark is actually trying to resolve some of the issues or even actually reading some of the feedback from this debacle. Having been in EU for quite a few years, I have first hand experience of the issues that the majority of updates have brought and the levels of service afforded by MA in resolving the issues thereafter.

I do realise that there are generally improvements in the updates; but in this instance too much game functionality has been removed by the update that has negative effect on all aspects of the game itself. Whilst I realise there is a whole catalogue of issues from this VU; I have not had opportunity to login more to see the changes to gameplay aside from the most obvious impacts that should be considered significant:

The removal of the mouse functionality means that players cannot multi-task whilst doing something; in particular it is ridiculously difficult to chat in PM or Soc chat whilst hunting. Due to these changes changing from one chat to another without the mouse option causes auto-use to stop functioning so hunt, heal or mine you stop what you doing to focus on the chat. To get the mouse functioning you have to open another window - like inventory - that also stops the auto use and whilst other windows are open auto-use wont work.

Many players spend a lot of time in team chat / soc chat / PMs whilst hunting etc and these changes have a significant effect on the social element of the game which will greatly affect the level of enjoyment and interaction for many players.

There is also the issue regarding the removal of the Health Bars and the pick up facility; as you will no doubt be well aware that there are many issues for property / shop / estate owners with items that cannot be interacted with in an estate; they do not show the item bar and cannot be removed or picked up without having to remove all items first then having to click next and pick up the invisible items.

5 years ago (2014) when I first contacted support about the issue I was told this was a collision box issue that was know of and would be resolved in due course. Naturally, since then nothing has been done - even when items completely disappear from your estate inventory and contact with support (2017) results in open cases going on for years without any resolution or reinstatement of the missing items.

The way these changes have been implemented shows that no one at MA actually logs in to the game anymore - RIP Simon & Emma.

Thanks for your comments if you would have read this thread you would have noticed that I read the fucking release notes or why would I have spotted that the Instructions where flawed f.x. that you need to enable a certain feature in Options so that a feature works like they described?

For you it's just a fucking game? So why are you so crappy to all the people who uses this service for more than 10 years, have several thousand dollars and a lot of time invested in it and want to continue to use this service for many years and doing so giving the developers of MA the funds to be paid for their work?

Dude why do you think I'm even talking about you? Your ego really that strong? Yes, there are some legitimate criticisms, which I'm sure MA will address accordingly. I'm talking about the people (not everyone) who just come in and go "harumph, worst VU ever, everything broke now, game is unplayable i demand you reverse everything or i'm quitting this is totally unacceptable you didn't ask me first before updating!".

And a fair amount (not all) of the complaints were due to people not reading.

And for the record I also have several thousands of dollars "invested" here, but yes, it IS just a fucking game. Even if something *was* actually broken and I couldn't play (which has happened in the past), I wouldn't sit here and throw a temper tantrum, I would just file a bug report and go play other shit until it was fixed.

If you are making further changes, please do not force the zoom right back in when using weapons -when using explosives it is going to be super annoying if damage values are going to be spread all around the screen. My eyes won't be able to cope.

You can turn off damage being shown on mobs in options.

Dude why do you think I'm even talking about you? Your ego really that strong? Yes, there are some legitimate criticisms, which I'm sure MA will address accordingly. I'm talking about the people (not everyone) who just come in and go "harumph, worst VU ever, everything broke now, game is unplayable i demand you reverse everything or i'm quitting this is totally unacceptable you didn't ask me first before updating!".

And a fair amount (not all) of the complaints were due to people not reading.

And for the record I also have several thousands of dollars "invested" here, but yes, it IS just a fucking game. Even if something *was* actually broken and I couldn't play (which has happened in the past), I wouldn't sit here and throw a temper tantrum, I would just file a bug report and go play other shit until it was fixed.

First of all I am certainly not your Dude but if you want to discuss at that level I certainly don't want to.

1) Because you answered to my Post in this thread at 13:02, post #362? - I know for a brain like you this is easy to forget.
2) Maybe it would have been better by MA to ask the users of their Service if the really do not need features like HP-bar etc. before they removed it especially when you think where they make their living of.
3) as you may remember, with your big brain, I read and found at least one incorrect statement in their release notes and told so in a posting here so also this point of you does not apply to me
4) if you go to MA website the start with: "Entropia Universe is an advanced 3D online virtual environment with dynamic planetary systems" or the EULA: "This agreement governs the End User’s access to the Entropia Universe Services and use of and the Entropia Universe System, including the Client software and all digital information available through the Entropia Universe."
They nearly always talk about a Service they provide not a game.... but if you know better please show me the prove.
5) while being here a long time I noticed f.x. that bugs you report tend to be not corrected for a long time if not MA looses by them but when everyone knows about it and MA looses by it (f.x. NPC slashing with skill gain but no decay on weapon) uses it MA is quickly in correcting them. - Many years ago it was common saying that error which make MA loos money are corrected immediately, errors that costed users of the service money tend to reappear after next VU.

First of all I am certainly not your Dude but if you want to discuss at that level I certainly don't want to.

1) Because you answered to my Post in this thread at 13:02, post #362? - I know for a brain like you this is easy to forget.
2) Maybe it would have been better by MA to ask the users of their Service if the really do not need features like HP-bar etc. before they removed it especially when you think where they make their living of.
3) as you may remember, with your big brain, I read and found at least one incorrect statement in their release notes and told so in a posting here so also this point of you does not apply to me
4) if you go to MA website the start with: "Entropia Universe is an advanced 3D online virtual environment with dynamic planetary systems" or the EULA: "This agreement governs the End User’s access to the Entropia Universe Services and use of and the Entropia Universe System, including the Client software and all digital information available through the Entropia Universe."
They nearly always talk about a Service they provide not a game.... but if you know better please show me the prove.
5) while being here a long time I noticed f.x. that bugs you report tend to be not corrected for a long time if not MA looses by them but when everyone knows about it and MA looses by it (f.x. NPC slashing with skill gain but no decay on weapon) uses it MA is quickly in correcting them. - Many years ago it was common saying that error which make MA loos money are corrected immediately, errors that costed users of the service money tend to reappear after next VU.

Yea no shit, I replied to you because you posted a comment directly at me, maybe you forgot that? I don't know how to simplify this enough for you to be able to understand it, but my comments weren't about you and your genius ability to find a mistake in the release notes. I already explained it was about the people who were being obnoxious about it. Not about you.

As for whether it's a game or a service, you are just arguing semantics and the result is nevertheless the same. If you want to make this game/service/whateverthefucktermyouwanttouse your life be my guest. My statement was my opinion, which is that it's just entertainment. Shit happens. Things break. There's better ways to deal with it, in my humble opinion.

And what the hell? You're not my dude? Yes you are, my dude. *hugs*

You can turn off damage being shown on mobs in options.

Thanks, but you misunderstood. I WANT to be able to see the damage, but it's impossible if the info briefly shows in various corners/edges of the screen and you can't even see the mobs you are hitting properly, let alone mobs' reactions (aggro or not) around the edge of explosive weapon radius (not even 10m let alone 19m). Zoom out allows the info to be more central and you can scan it better, so I hope we get a good slider that is still active when weaps are too.

Yes you are, my dude. *hugs*

Owe, that's a bear hug. Er no, a troll hug. The mind boggles :laugh:

Looks to me like a classic case of talking past each other (if that's the correct translation for "aneinander vorbeireden"). Happens all the time without any bad intention.

Yea no shit, I replied to you because you posted a comment directly at me, maybe you forgot that? I don't know how to simplify this enough for you to be able to understand it, but my comments weren't about you and your genius ability to find a mistake in the release notes. I already explained it was about the people who were being obnoxious about it. Not about you.

As for whether it's a game or a service, you are just arguing semantics and the result is nevertheless the same. If you want to make this game/service/whateverthefucktermyouwanttouse your life be my guest. My statement was my opinion, which is that it's just entertainment. Shit happens. Things break. There's better ways to deal with it, in my humble opinion.

And what the hell? You're not my dude? Yes you are, my dude. *hugs*

Man your brain is really strange. Best thing would be you sort it out by yourselves.

But here a little help:

I answered to you in #360 quoting your ranting post (the majority of the players are handicapped in some way and suffer from extreme motion sickness, and lack the ability to read simple instructions), seams you have a tendency for such things to reappear and later excuse for it..

Then you blah blah quoted me in #362 so I answered to your post in #378. So you come in #380 to ask: Dude why do you think I'm even talking about you? So when you quote me and write about my posting you are not talking to me and when I answer it was my mistake in the first place?

Best is lets forget about it, I'm in your view an old fart and you are a young console fanboy to me.

Last edited:
Man your brain is really strange. Best thing would be you sort it out by yourselves.

If you think it's confusing to you, man you have no idea what it's like on this side of it. :eek:

But here a little help:

(stuff)

I don't really pay any attention to who I'm talking to (I tend to presume nobody is paying attention to me anyway), so I will accept your record of accounts, for whatever pedantic purpose it serves.

Best is lets forget about it, I'm in your view an old fart and you are a young console fanboy to me.

No worries, I have the memory of a goldfish so it's already forgotten.

By the way, I'm in my 40s and don't own any consoles. I'm 100% blue-blooded PC Masterrace till the end.

Here's my thing with the "old fart" comment (which for some bizarre reason has turned out to be the most offensive thing I could ever say to anyone). "Old fart" is a state of mind, not a chronological effect. The fact that so many people got their blood pressure out of whack about it just proves my point.

If you think it's confusing to you, man you have no idea what it's like on this side of it. :eek:

I don't really pay any attention to who I'm talking to (I tend to presume nobody is paying attention to me anyway), so I will accept your record of accounts, for whatever pedantic purpose it serves.

No worries, I have the memory of a goldfish so it's already forgotten.

By the way, I'm in my 40s and don't own any consoles. I'm 100% blue-blooded PC Masterrace till the end.

Here's my thing with the "old fart" comment (which for some bizarre reason has turned out to be the most offensive thing I could ever say to anyone). "Old fart" is a state of mind, not a chronological effect. The fact that so many people got their blood pressure out of whack about it just proves my point.

So for once please look up what Old Fart means and then come back.

An old man, an old fellow(considered offensive to the elderly) -
1- a word used to describe a person who is annoying or someone who u r mad at most of the time
person 1- ugh lauren is SO ANNOYING

person 2- I KNOW shes such an old fart

So it seams to me your interpretation of old fart is somewhat not in line with the definition I found or my english is not so good as I thought.

Also added like you to make it clear that you are wrong with your explanation.
Synonyms for old fart
noun old-fashion person

dotard
fogy
fusspot
granny
square
stick-in-the-mud
dull person
fussbudget
fussy person
old fogy
old geezer
old maid
old poop
stuffed shirt

Last edited:
So for once please look up what Old Fart means and then come back.

An old man, an old fellow(considered offensive to the elderly) -
1- a word used to describe a person who is annoying or someone who u r mad at most of the time
person 1- ugh lauren is SO ANNOYING

person 2- I KNOW shes such an old fart

So it seams to me your interpretation of old fart is somewhat not in line with the definition I found or my english is not so good as I thought.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, lol.

It has nothing to do with your actual age.

e: To clarify for non-native-English peeps, where I come from we use the term "old fart" to describe someone who complains a lot and is resistant to change, it doesn't matter if they are 18 or 80. It's not normally considered very offensive, no more than say calling someone a dork or poo poo face.

Last edited:
New Features
Left+Right Mouse - Move in camera direction, a.k.a Easy Navigation
Originally Posted Here

Changed in Patch 16.0.1

Movement using left and right mouse buttons will stop as soon as you release either button

Should change this back to the way it was or find another alias for it.
a.k.a. Difficult Navigation

Last edited:
Back