Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

This just shows how differently people play, and why some changes don't bother one person but have another person ready to cash out.

Dragging healthbars from claims before drilling??? I would equip my driller, select next target then auto tool. My avatar would then run off to find the claim even if it was hidden in dense bushes and extract automatically, now i have to search for the claim myself :(

Yes this has been major pain for me now, really slowed down mineing for me. I even had to put shop on restriced access as i just cant keep stock levels up. I dont want dissapoint my most loyal custmours.

https://forum.neverdie.com/threads/camp-crunk-will-be-closed-for-a-while.295/#post-914

What they have done here is the best thing I have seen them do so far....

They introduced a new system that no one asked for all awhile neglecting all the broken systems and undelivered systems that have been promised for years in some cases...

What are we paying for.... (Do NOT say this game is FREE have you hunted lately?)

I am use to the introduce new features and bring a few bugs with it... but this? this takes the cake.

How am I to be positive when they keep taking away all the stuff we want and giving stuff we do not ask for...

Pretty much sums it up ! Brings back memories of VU10 launch..... and so many more

Nice to see the quality of MA's customer service - not 1 post from any MA spokesperson on any of the post chains I have read.

Has any 1 filed a support case and what, if any, was the response?

Memories of my favourite reply from support that went:

Following a change, it can be difficult to see the advantages brought about by it. It is regretful that you feel so frustrated at the moment, as you are an important member of the Entropia Universe community. We thank you for your feedback, which will be passed on to the design team. Thanks for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Pretty much sums it up ! Brings back memories of VU10 launch..... and so many more

Nice to see the quality of MA's customer service - not 1 post from any MA spokesperson on any of the post chains I have read.

Has any 1 filed a support case and what, if any, was the response?

Memories of my favourite reply from support that went:

Following a change, it can be difficult to see the advantages brought about by it. It is regretful that you feel so frustrated at the moment, as you are an important member of the Entropia Universe community. We thank you for your feedback, which will be passed on to the design team. Thanks for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Yeh I have...

unknown1.png

Expect to see this "New" response from support

unknown.png

Last edited:

What should they say? What can they say?

They have said to monitor feedback from the community. But in all honesty, there are good points made on this forum but also a lot of rage about problems that aren't really problems, and can easily be adapted for. Better to wait a few days, the shitstorm is over and people come with good, constructive critisism.

Ok, 1 more annoying frustration.

I am now playing in 1st person, zooming in to target mob. Same as it was before.
Slowly zoom out as mob approaches, but if you zoom out (in my case, accidently to far)into 3rd person, the aiming reticule moves off to the side slightly, making you miss shots. That's a No No in pvp enabled places.

All manual aiming btw, as that's now, the most (un)comfortable way for me.

Have to admit i got motionsick too, didnt realise it was from ots mode at first, though i had eaten something wrong as i have never in my life been motionsick from any game (and i have played quite a few).
Had to switch to first person mode to keep playing(hunting planetside) - please look into the camera wobbling and see if you can return a centered third person view (especially when flying spacecraft an ots view is really an inaccurate way of flying or performing a dogfight).

Have to admit i got motionsick too, didnt realise it was from ots mode at first, though i had eaten something wrong as i have never in my life been motionsick from any game (and i have played quite a few).

I usually get motion sick playing FPS games like halflife and such, but weirdly not getting motion sick from either first person view or third person view after update.

Problem with Entropia is that standard FOV is very narrow and now with OTS-like point of view and camera following mob I can get why so many get motion sickness.

All I can say that it usually gets better after playing for a while. I overcame my motion sickness for the first person view in Entropia after some days of not using third person view.

Take short breaks often and after some days your brain should get used to it.

I usually get motion sick playing FPS games like halflife and such, but weirdly not getting motion sick from either first person view or third person view after update.

Problem with Entropia is that standard FOV is very narrow and now with OTS-like point of view and camera following mob I can get why so many get motion sickness.

All I can say that it usually gets better after playing for a while. I overcame my motion sickness for the first person view in Entropia after some days of not using third person view.

Take short breaks often and after some days your brain should get used to it.

I guess the terrain and type of mob you hunt can increase the camera wobbling alot - in my case its the very rough(uneven) terrain on deino island that causes alot of camera adjustments (in ots) as mobs aproach/fight (i love the graphics and terrain i just dont deal well with the camera movement lol).

most of the players will adapt to the new system, but continue to complain. I've been playing loot 2.0 less and that will probably be even less now

Fixed that for you.
As a new and part time healer, no, healers do not need to drag the HP bar. Except if they want to netflix and heal. Or do something and heal. Healers can either heal or netflix. Healers do a job and they get payed for it, they should not complain they can't netflix during the job :D

It's more engaging this way, you have to keep your hands on the keyboard and mouse and that's all. is that too much to ask from ...gamers? :D

and if you only have use of one hand? :scratch2:

OK - update from me:
Tested hardcore for ~2.5 hours playing from tablet though spashtop --> it's dooable!

I'll survive for now - I think with a few tweaks (per my requested suggestion threads), it will be back to normal.

I will say the 2 things MA did right - hitboxes and the F Key/Interact Command (it's magical)

If any of you play through remote access, send me a PM and I'll give you some tips.

another thing: default-action for a vehicle is "Refuel"... so, if i spawn an "out-of-fuel" vehicle and i try enter... the default is Refuel.... another 0.5 seconds with "F" and the contextual menu to select "enter"...... :(

Pls, MA, default option for a vehicle must be "Enter".... maybe i want to enter for scape from a mob, and i havent time to push "F", wait 0.5 second and see where is the "Enter option"....

Well, not content with making us feel virtually sick, they are now making many of us feel physically sick as well!
Plus, just like a big media company let slip in the real world, "we are 'F'-ed " here too.
/irony off...

It was called beforehand with the problems of bobbing and other unwanted motions. Please extend the option for view effect cancellation to not just be for globals/hofs and give us back our beloved far out zoom and allow it to be centred not ots.

On a different issue, with looting, some vus back it was claimed we would be able to loot while solo in teams (I'd like to get loot text), but something went wrong. I still had to leave a solo team to loot my mob. Now, testing again, I couldn't even loot the mob after leaving the team again. As this is now a problem for space mob looting as well, as described elsewhere, please solve this part of the problem too in the vu patch.

Also, while initial changes can upset people who don't give things enough of a chance, please also acknowledge, Dennis/MA, that many of us are trying to find new ways to operate with the new system, but are not always finding them. Some of the complaints are from not knowing how things can now be done in other ways, but please treat the player feelings seriously, maybe even with a special thread of dev answers on various points that may be somewhat hidden, ty.

Finally, many of us believe you intentionally screw a couple of things up so that it looks like you are listening when you then fix them. This is somewhat cynical, but may be true, but also highlights how stupid/incompetent we feel some of the changes have been if genuinely made accidentally! Not good, but waiting for the patch you hopefully already had in the bag!!!

First impressions from me after a few hours last night hunting and messing around in towns - once I got used to the basic controls I started to quite like it, though it'll definitely take a while to undo my muscle memory from 13 years of hunting in more or less the same way, and to work out the best key mappings for me to use (I prefer to use the mouse as little as possible).

There are certainly improvements that can be made, and my priorities would be those that have already been repeatedly brought up here, especially by experienced and active hunters, namely:

1. Camera movement when the mob is moving towards me is very annoying and often leaves me facing at a bad angle when I've finished the mob, forcing me to readjust (which I can only do with mouse).

2. Target cycling definitely needs to be more like the old system. At the moment it mainly seems to just alternate between two mobs most of the time. Another vote for always picking the closest one whether it's on-screen or not.

3. Zooming further out would definitely be better, though I don't find this as problematic as some seem to.

A couple of things that haven't been mentioned so much:

4. Sometimes the camera zoom was bouncing in and out all the time, which was very annoying. Mainly this was happening in Cyrene service centres, so it's probably more of a problem with their design than with the system (it's always been a bad design even without this).

5. This one that Xen mentioned:

move left/move right makes a vehicle *rotate* left/right

rotate left/rotate right makes a vehicle move/strafe left/right

This is backwards.

edit: I mean flying vehicles ofc

I don't think this has actually changed, but now I'm using the keys much more than previously for avatar movement, which has made the discrepancy between the two much more difficult to deal with.

As usual the best way to address these problems would be not to change things entirely, but to give us more options for controlling how we want the game to behave.

one thing I've found that helps with the mouse movement issue, open a market value window, drag it to your chat window, click chat window to hide market value window, and you now have curser.... at least until you log out and mouse now works almost like old mouse.

Oh, and another minor irritation - why on earth have you put the Main Menu button on the Esc key, with (as far as I can tell) no means of changing it? This so-called "Main Menu" is completely pointless and is one of the first things I disabled back in 2006 when I started. All it contains are functions that can already be reached with a single click/key anyway. I want to use Esc to go straight to quit like I could before.

(Just realised I didn't check if there was something in options to change that - if there is then ignore the above :) )

Can anyone tell me if this is a change?

I have some strike chips which I am not the right lvl for, I just play around with them, had them for years. However now I am unable to equip them at all. I get the message saying I am not skilled enough for them. Yet I can equip guns, swords etc which are above my level. Is this new or just me?

I give my opinion concerning the VU,
I find the interface for items much more interesting and the new update camera probably aim to include now a gamepad in the style of play to claim a larger panel of players which is a good thing.
the man behind this idea did well, however the timing is not the best.
2 years ago, it would have been wiser

Does everyone that plays this game have one hand, one eye, suffers from extreme motion sickness, playing with their tongue holding a stylus on their cell phone through remote access software to their PC which has a LEGO Mindstorm programmed to press the appropriate keys in response while using text to speech output that gets translated into morse code and then send to a machine that translates it to Braille which is then hammered into their face by a little typewritter rigged to their wheel chair?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::silly2:

I'm probably repeating this from a prior post but this is all the fixes that are needed from my view.

1. Once you kill a mob, you lose "focus" on that mob and need to re-select it with the mouse so you can actually loot it. If you would not lose focus till you pressed "Lock Target" or the mob was looted this would not be an issue.

2. I want to repeat the 3rd person Camera issue. More distance and centered. Less bounce..

3. Zoom in Mothership guns has also been dorked.. fix this.

4. "Lock Target" needs more range and should take in all mobs around you, not just the ones you view. Closest to you should get priority.

5. We should be able to see who is seated in a Quad. The option to view this has been taken away. Those that perform a taxi service need this to ensure their customers are onboard.

I'm sure I will come up with more as I go.. only played for a few hours last night.

Dear devs,
First of all I would like to say that it could be one of the greatest VU of last time, if only...

Fast movement, fast hill climbing, fruits on the run, 0% condition limit is amazing, thanks a lot for it!

But all that great improvements, especially 0% condition limit went almost unnoticed due to this new horrible camera...
I can even cope with this "RMB hold" / "use tool hold" thing, but, oh man, that camera... I mean, I used OTS mode during hunting sometimes, when I needed fast reaction with a good field of view, like when you hunt a bunch of small high aggro mobs. But why make it mandatory? Why!? It was an option, a very useful one, sometimes, so let it be an option, please. PLEASE! It's so incredibly awkward when mining now. I just can't get used to it. Plus I often scroll back my mouse wheel, it's like a reflex to get a better view.

As I see it, you wanted to create perfect controls for a joystick. Well, now probably it's a lot more playable with it. But please, make it an optional preset, as it used to be. I really liked OTS when you first introduced it many years ago. I want OTS, but only as an option. Please, make an option for the old third person view.

Entropia was all that great due to it's highly customizable controls and interface. Don't make a step back and force us to use only one preset. Please.

First impressions from me after a few hours last night hunting and messing around in towns - once I got used to the basic controls I started to quite like it, though it'll definitely take a while to undo my muscle memory from 13 years of hunting in more or less the same way, and to work out the best key mappings for me to use (I prefer to use the mouse as little as possible).

There are certainly improvements that can be made, and my priorities would be those that have already been repeatedly brought up here, especially by experienced and active hunters, namely:

1. Camera movement when the mob is moving towards me is very annoying and often leaves me facing at a bad angle when I've finished the mob, forcing me to readjust (which I can only do with mouse).

2. Target cycling definitely needs to be more like the old system. At the moment it mainly seems to just alternate between two mobs most of the time. Another vote for always picking the closest one whether it's on-screen or not.

3. Zooming further out would definitely be better, though I don't find this as problematic as some seem to.

4. Sometimes the camera zoom was bouncing in and out all the time, which was very annoying. Mainly this was happening in Cyrene service centres, so it's probably more of a problem with their design than with the system (it's always been a bad design even without this).

I don't think this has actually changed, but now I'm using the keys much more than previously for avatar movement, which has made the discrepancy between the two much more difficult to deal with.

As usual the best way to address these problems would be not to change things entirely, but to give us more options for controlling how we want the game to behave.

I agree with Oleg on all these points.
This is a move in the right direction but needs some corrections.

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Man this update makes the game seem like it was originally planned for consoles, then the PC got a shitty port :p

OR are EU releasing on consoles? =D

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Thank you for listening and keeping us updated! :cool:

If possible - Please have a look at what the camera system does in space -
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...voice-video-walk-though&p=3694651#post3694651

100% - the community is doing a fantastic job of paring down the excesses and knowing what it is that we want. I would trust an all inclusive poll 100% to get it right. and by that i also mean the next first time. i so don't want to be overly critical but everything they nailed down here is exactly what i'm finding too difficult to use.

This :

The fonts for waypoints and scrolling combat text have been adjusted to improve visibility

So later , login , check that works , set controls back to as they were , continue :D

Best comment
\

Back