Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

It has nothing to do with your actual age.

e: To clarify for non-native-English peeps, where I come from we use the term "old fart" to describe someone who complains a lot and is resistant to change, it doesn't matter if they are 18 or 80. It's not normally considered very offensive, no more than say calling someone a dork or poo poo face.

>native Brit here. I can confirm that it is about the resistance to change more than age and hardly ranks on any scale of offensiveness I consider worthy. To give another example, good ol' boys aren't necessarily old either, of course. (Dukes of Hazard lol)

So for once please look up what Old Fart means and then come back.

An old man, an old fellow(considered offensive to the elderly) -
1- a word used to describe a person who is annoying or someone who u r mad at most of the time
person 1- ugh lauren is SO ANNOYING

person 2- I KNOW shes such an old fart

So it seams to me your interpretation of old fart is somewhat not in line with the definition I found or my english is not so good as I thought.

Also added like you to make it clear that you are wrong with your explanation.
Synonyms for old fart
noun old-fashion person

dotard
fogy
fusspot
granny
square
stick-in-the-mud
dull person
fussbudget
fussy person
old fogy
old geezer
old maid
old poop
stuffed shirt

Top tip - Urban Dictionary is not an actual dictionary.

Oh, and another minor irritation - why on earth have you put the Main Menu button on the Esc key, with (as far as I can tell) no means of changing it? This so-called "Main Menu" is completely pointless and is one of the first things I disabled back in 2006 when I started. All it contains are functions that can already be reached with a single click/key anyway. I want to use Esc to go straight to quit like I could before.

(Just realised I didn't check if there was something in options to change that - if there is then ignore the above :) )

I think that is default and (at least used to be able to be) can be changed. I remember my friend's new account had that a coupla years back and I didn't have it on mine.

If this isn't the case @MA no key should be set in stone. By all means make it impossible to have some functions entirely unmapped (cause that might lead to a situation where you can't actually edit anything), but they don't have to be on a specific key

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Good to know the feedback is being watched/acted on.

re the difficulty, there is a 5 min solution: Go into source control, find vu 15, hit roll back ;)

I get that people are not too happy about the changes done to to controls & camera, but also - chill out!

With a big change like this, bugs and unforseen consequences are as sure as the sun rises in the morning and the fires of hell are burning.

Do you think MA/dev team will go to work full of energy with all this flaming? Nah, they'll all get depressed and give up.

Give them at least ONE chance to make an update that will change the obvious errors (camera too close, looting action not working properly etc.).

If they get depressed and give up and just roll back ti vu 15 I'd say that would be an epic win

This white dot in the middle of my screen is really really really really getting on my nerves...

:banghead:

yes cross hairs were always an option before - why not now? Why "remove" anything?

Some cool things a lot of useless things.

Overall I think this was a massive waste of time, the core system is still the same, core bugs still exist. We ended up with a new camera, which is copy paste code, and a control system that makes no sense to the games out there on the market today.

Press to hold was made for mobile. Because of the lack of keys, we have a full keyboard here......why are we using less keys now?

Your big mistake was assuming this new keyboard layout would make sense to people. It does not , it is not standard at all. It took me 2-3 hours to figure out how to remap the entire thing, all to get it to the point it was at prior to release, with a fancy new camera that will not zoom out. And guess what, after all that there really isn't much new,besides being able to read deeply into the mind of Dennis, and how his logic (kinda) works.

It is clear, Dennis likes dots, Dennis likes the letter F, Dennis likes auto zoom, Dennis hates drag out bars. But no-one that I know does. It seems clear that Dennis may have been the only tester as well, he uses a gun, but not melee, and guess what....melee having issues, space having issues, so many aspects of the game Dennis is not familiar with are bugged and were not attended to.

And this brings me to the last point. Why did you not listen, why did you not ask? You people are far too full of yourselves to assume to know what we need or want without asking. All I see is a new enthusiastic DEV, with very little actual gaming experience trying to make a game he wants....not one his customers want or are used to.

Fix core issues, fix bugs, stop seeing new shiny objects and distracting yourselves. While adding a camera was a big task for you, it is drag and drop code in other engines. It should have taken a competent Dev a day to add it in and not mess with the key map.

Hell half of the rage on this thread is a result of a completely illogical key map.

All in all this does not really impress me, Mindark still has issues. The core being, they assume way too much, and never bother to ask those affected.

:wise: very wise

Maybe it has been mentioned before in the ocean of replies to this update but
1. The alt key is a bit wobbly, specially if I alt+tab to desktop, which I often do. Sometimes i have to press alt multiple times to get back to cursor mode (where I want to be). And some actions ingame makes it switch to aim mode so I have to click alt again and again and again. Is there any way to once and for all have one mode enabled?

2. The next target by clicking tab works for hunters, I would like that also for targetting mining claims, if possible.
It's no biggy aiming at the claim and right click, but well, this functionality disappeared for miners, while hunters still have it, sort of.

3. Enable trick menu by right clicking a pet please. It's unintuitive to not having it enabled on pets, when you can interact with so many other things with F or right click now.

u don't get it what i truly mean

also in the option you can choose the camera to be left sided

shoot some combustive chip or arso chip with right-focused aim

after that try with left-focus aim

you can see the locus, also what i want to say

its nothing wrong with that, just looking wierd. ty

How can I get my avatar to move with the camera in 3rd person using the keyboard? And how do i look behind with the middle mouse button?

Rgds

Ace

Was going to write a list of reasons why this new VU sucks, but to be honest I cant be arsed.

Logged in for the first time since the new VU and spent the best part of an hour trying to work out how to move!

WTF MA, I've been playing 13 years and you completely change everything. Why??!! Why not add additional/ alternative control options and leave the original ones as well?

I could probably get used to the changes but not sure I can be bothered re-learning it all again.

Perhaps I'm just an old fart who doesn't like change but I guess I'll have to change, was beginning to think this game was getting too expensive anyway.

Was going to write a list of reasons why this new VU sucks, but to be honest I cant be arsed.

Logged in for the first time since the new VU and spent the best part of an hour trying to work out how to move!

WTF MA, I've been playing 13 years and you completely change everything. Why??!! Why not add additional/ alternative control options and leave the original ones as well?

I could probably get used to the changes but not sure I can be bothered re-learning it all again.

Perhaps I'm just an old fart who doesn't like change but I guess I'll have to change, was beginning to think this game was getting too expensive anyway.

ya i feel a lot like the can't be arsed crowd. i got a list but dam it feels like it's not being said properly. all the people here whining and complaining (myself included) might as well be filing support cases for all the good its doing. i wouldn't be surprised if there were no support cases for all this going on.

ya i feel a lot like the can't be arsed crowd. i got a list but dam it feels like it's not being said properly. all the people here whining and complaining (myself included) might as well be filing support cases for all the good its doing. i wouldn't be surprised if there were no support cases for all this going on.

I've submitted mine and had a reply.

Others should do the same if they feel this VU affected them negatively.

I like how this VU is more complicated with less features.
I like how it feels like a step back in customization.
I've been playing for almost 12 years. Things slow got better with every VU for a while. Then things started to change and get worse with each VU. Unwanted changes that made no sense to anyone. This latest VU feels like that. A change no one wanted and no one understands why it happened.

I've played on and off for the last 12 years. Before Xmas I used to play about 50+ hours a week. I decided to take a break so I only play on Saturday nights now with my family. With the annoyance factor might have to actually quit this game. It will be a hard decision.

Thanks MA.

this :wise:

I cant be arsed right now to relearn the basics.

Yesterday I managed to hunt 3 hours straight whith this new system !

Two days ago I thought it would be impossible, but I did it.
Before this, I've been trying to hunt several different mob, but mostly small ones, grinding..

Two days ago it was on a mob I kill whith 2/3 shots, so about 3 second/mob, in a very dense spawn where you don't have to choose mobs, just shoot, don't think, shoot shoot... And it was a real nightmare !.. :banghead:

Yesterday it was on Atrox at Jurra, and indeed the new system is not so bad there on this mob.
(I still hate the point of view of camera that is stuck to my avatar's ass..)

Since the video MA sent us before the release was also on Atrox, I wonder if they created this VU especially for them, and maybe even they tested it only on them..

So maybe a good solution now, would be to remove every single mob in the univers and to replace them whith only Troxes everywhere.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I posted this few days ago;

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...elease-Notes&p=3694504&highlight=#post3694504

Just want to add that about the last point, "lock target breaks" on moving mouse, I can see the utility of it in some situation. (On Troxes at Jurra maybe.. :rolleyes:)

So I think the problem is about sensitivity, that even whent it's set to minimum (full green bar in option), I still unlock targets by mistake.
Moving the mouse for just less than 1cm will breaks the lock if it moves fast.

I think it would be nice to increase the sensitivity range in option, to such an extend that the maximum would make it almost impossible to unlock target.

I think it would be nice to increase the sensitivity range in option, to such an extend that the maximum would make it almost impossible to unlock target.

I agree on this one. I do find it handy to quick unlock by moving the mouse, but a little less sensitive would be nice. As a workaround i switch to cursor mode, not a problem for bigger mobs but for small mobs this wouldn't be so convinient.

Queue use tool action when reloading

This is important point IMO.

I said 2 or 3 times on forum that it looks like this option is broken now.
And I was a bit surprised that nobody said it before, or nobody confirmed what I said, or asked.

So yesterday I've asked ingame at least 15 people about it, and I've been amazed to discover that only 1 person out of the 15 knew exactly what was "Queue action".

Most of them thought it was only about "switching" tools.
Most of them thought it was only for "auto-use" mode.
Most didn't know it was queuing only the last selected action, so that you could change your mind during reload about the next action to queue... Etc..

As I said I was amazed cause it was an essential feature in this game.

In many situation we need only 2/3 clicks to kill a small creature passing by, to heal, whatever, then I don't want to use "auto-use".

So we really NEED this, I don't want to always keep an eye on my reload bar to know when to do the next click.
(I don't even talk about PvP if I have to keep watching my reload bar..:girl:)

So it's hard for me to believe that you removed it on purpose, I guess it's a kind of bug, anyway please bring it back.

Last edited:
This is important point IMO.

I said 2 or 3 times on forum that it looks like this option is broken now.
And I was a bit surprised that nobody said it before, or nobody confirmed what I said, or asked.

So yesterday I've asked ingame at least 15 people about it, and I've been amazed to discover that only 1 person out of the 15 knew exactly what was "Queue action".

Most of them thought it was only about "switching" tools.
Most of them thought it was only for "auto-use" mode.
Most didn't know it was queuing only the last selected action, so that you could change your mind during reload about the next action to queue... Etc..

As I said I was amazed cause it was an essential feature in this game.

In many situation we need only 2/3 clicks to kill a small creature passing by, to heal, whatever, then I don't want to use "auto-use".

So we really NEED this, I don't want to always keep an eye on my reload bar to know when to do the next click.
(I don't even talk about PvP if I have to keep watching my reload bar..:girl:)

So it's hard for me to believe that you removed it on purpose, I guess it's a kind of bug, anyway please bring it back.

Queue Tool is now connected with auto use which can now continue to work even when you switch to another weapon or fap.

This means you can start shooting at a mob using interact which will make it automatic firing until it is dead but new is that when you f.x. change from ranged to knife it still continues to be on auto use even when you switch to fap then arsonic then back to main weapon, auto use is still on but only if you have enabled queue action in options.

Queue Tool is now connected with auto use which can now continue to work even when you switch to another weapon or fap.

This means you can start shooting at a mob using interact which will make it automatic firing until it is dead but new is that when you f.x. change from ranged to knife it still continues to be on auto use even when you switch to fap then arsonic then back to main weapon, auto use is still on but only if you have enabled queue action in options.

I don't know why MA tell us it's new, cause it's not, it always worked this way and I used it whith auto-use and switching for alot of years.. :confused:

It seems that you are one of those who didn't know either what was Queue action, I have still a little hope that people at MA know it.. :rolleyes:

Queue action was working ALSO while auto-use was OFF. :wise:

Queue use tool

As Cirrus mentioned its broken/bugged.

Must be a bug cause sometimes it work sometimes it dont, all depending on what icon/active keyset it is.
For me my faps/heals work but not my rifles. Pushing the key they are asigned to work but not fireing whit the left mouse button.
Auto fire when using RMB always work but sometimes i like to manualy attack a mob and like mentioned by Cirrus above, dont want to check the reload bar just for knowing when its time to hit the trigger again.
Queue use tool worked like that before and i cant see the reason the remove it.
Also the option to disable the flash when mobs gets hit aint working for me, check and uncheck the box, same result, flash still there.

/ Master

Cannot comprehend why they needed to add a button press to move from 1st Person to 3rd Person view - before you could simply scroll "into" or "out of" your avatar to swap views.

Now you scroll ... and then have to hit a key. Just bizarre :eyecrazy:

Reactions: Geo
Cannot comprehend why they needed to add a button press to move from 1st Person to 3rd Person view - before you could simply scroll "into" or "out of" your avatar to swap views.

There is an Option to Enable "Scrolling to Change Camera mode" to make it work that way still.

MA please make Camera Freelook how it was. Do not force camera back to the rear when it is released.
It use to be that clicking Middle mouse once would reset the camera and if it was already at the starting position, it would switch between front view and rear view to get a quick look at what was behind or infront of you.

PLEASE add this as an Option

Also add an Option to Disable Crosshairs, damage flashing start, in range indicator, white dot etc...

There's an option you can select to enable scrolling to switch views, like the old way.

EDIT: Too slow!

Do not force camera back to the rear when it is released.

clicking Middle mouse once would reset the camera

Disable Crosshairs, damage flashing start, in range indicator, white dot etc...

All of these please, would improve things tenfold.

By seeing all the things that people want back, I think we can summarize it whith one sentence:

Bring back all features that were ingame, and add all the new ones as OPTIONS.

If it would have been done that way, then we would have choice to use a mix of them that suits everyone (new players to come included).

And I think this VU would have been close to PERFECT.

As Cirrus mentioned its broken/bugged.

Must be a bug cause sometimes it work sometimes it dont, all depending on what icon/active keyset it is.
For me my faps/heals work but not my rifles. Pushing the key they are asigned to work but not fireing whit the left mouse button...

I just checked ingame, and you're right, it seems still working whith keyboard.
Then the problem is only for mouse button.

So, confirmed bug.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Back