Entropia Universe 16.0.0 Release Notes

I also had an issue with motion sickness, it's why I can't play FPS games. I opened options and clicked disable damage flash. has almost completely cure my issue with motion sickness. I think is the flashing light that's making people sick. Remember way back when all those kids got sick/seizures from gaming, and they found it was due to the flashing lights

I also had an issue with motion sickness, it's why I can't play FPS games. I opened options and clicked disable damage flash. has almost completely cure my issue with motion sickness. I think is the flashing light that's making people sick. Remember way back when all those kids got sick/seizures from gaming, and they found it was due to the flashing lights

I also did this and Hide Outline.

It's helped a lot.

Well if you read through all the reactions, it's pretty clear that the majority of the players are handicapped in some way and suffer from extreme motion sickness, and lack the ability to read simple instructions...

Unless.....

The obnoxious whiners on PCF don't represent the majority of the player base? Nahh... can't be right...

let`s talk about the bolded part:
I`ve been explaining to non-native english speakers for many years (10 years before september 2016 when you joined...), and then the years after that, how to use EU client.
I lack many things but not the ability to read simple instructions (and btw, a wall of text isn`t exactly "simple instructions", specifically not for non-native english speakers).
Also, reading instructions (simple or not) is one thing, and adapting to an extremely unfriendly software / application / environment is a completely different thing.
And then it comes the willingness to do so:
As I said before, at the end of a busy day, do we want to have fun and relax? or do we want to waste hours trying to cope with unwanted and poorly implemented changes?

This VU is driving me insane.
Hunted Armax this night. First 3rd person with knive. Camera is going up and down like it's being held by a monkey. Every time I equip my fap it zooms out a bit. Back to the knive, let's zoom in again. Loot a mob, zoom out. I eventually switched to 1st person, just to get away from all the wobbling.

I've survived many VU's, some with terrible bugs like rubber banding (imagine that your avatar is attached to a rubber band so that when you stop running you're going back and forth a few times) or CTD 10+ times a night. I've seen the introduction of (L) and had to addapt to that. I had to redesign my looks after a huge graphic update. And I kept on playing, I liked it every time.
But this time it feels like too much right now. I had zero enjoyment hunting. Even punies were more fun & exciting previous version.

Solution: Taking a break. At least three weeks, let's see what bugs are fixed and what are called 'features'.

Few things so far

I like highlighting of mobs so can see in dark. The waypoint info is easier to read.

Auto opening interaction screens while crafting, TP, inventory, etc. makes me dizzy. Can't zoom out enough to open storage while crafting. If I spin around and click on storage, avatar stops crafting and walks to storage. I used to be able to manage storage while crafting, can't now.

When going on a mining streak, I'm unable to browse claims in inventory while extracting. In other words, when trying to view and interact with inventory while extracting it stops extracting.

I also did my first hunting. somehow I also managed to get the mouse involved in the game to select target. by chance figured out how continuous fire goes. the hunt lasted but a good 50% longer than before, more time than before the update but I'm not for the game. So play less, make longer breaks from the game is announced. Now I have more time again ^^

FYI - someone just figured out that the "Inventory" icon is actually hidden underneath other icons in the top RH corner

So if you've been trying to drag it out from your action library to your UI and it doesn't stick, that's the reason why. Just go into edit UI mode and move the other ones around and you'll eventually find it!

I have not read all posts in this thread, so it may be noted already. I can not find Vehicle Brake and Vehicle Lights actions anywhere.

Overall, liking the new system.

Peace, Miles.

PLEASE MA PLEASE Re-add the "pick up" object button that is the only thing i ask of in this update!!!!

picking up an aircraft is a fucking hassle! now i have to (1)pull out mouse cursor (2)HOLD right click and (3)accurately click a tiny button in a menu.

before i had pickup button on tab key and i could just look at my craft and press tab and it vanished.

this update turned 1 click in to 3. some people are used to doing it that way, well guess what? im fucking LAZY i want my 1 click option back PLEASE!!!

To make it simple, after 4-5 hours of playing and fine tuning I have to say :

I like this VU.

Yup.

Plain simple.

Since MA reads this thread, I would like to kindly request the following of the developers:

- Please return the ability to have AH, storage, repair, construction and tt terminals open simultaneously and without the zooming of course.

- Please bring back hotkey for picking up vehicle.

- Please bring back option for straight/over the head/centered 3rd person view (ie not OTS view).

Thank You

I'm wondering why Mindark removed the auto use tool button, even if it was put on right click, why remove the ability to custom key it?

The new targeting system for shooting is good, but the ability, or lack of ability to get the hp bar up is bad on multiple level.
That hp bar had the ability to help healers target many people at once and find people without waypoints. It has also been used as a work around for many bugs for myself, for example, targeting art work/posters for the right click, because they had no click box, that's and a mix of next target... I'm worried to check that bug in my place.... I have also used the hp bar to collect loot of creatures that have fallen threw the terrain before.

Everything could be access by right clicking a blank area on the map (floor or sky), now it is a lot more buttons on screen to get what I want, or go threw a long process to get to what I want.

In trying to make things more simple, Mind Ark has made things more complicated. Overall I personally really dislike these changes, there are more negatives than positives in general.

One of the biggest problems currently from someone who teach people at icarus how to play the game, is now even the pro's have to relearn this new stuff, leaving the newer people no one to ask until we have learned ourselves.

Same with advisors, because they are normal players too under the fancy title. I have not seen mind ark officals in game offering help for such big changes to the interface.

An ironic moment when you write an I depth guide on entropias interfaces, only for them to update it, life and lolz.

https://entropiazine.blogspot.com/2019/02/guide-edit-interface.html

Now gonna have to rewrite that, and I expect there to be a number of other updates along the lines of to patch some things.

This white dot in the middle of my screen is really really really really getting on my nerves...

:banghead:

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Thanks.

Please think about how to fix things for healers.

We healers used to have HEALTHBARS
We healers used to have to manually aim onto our hunters, therefor NEED a CROSSHAIR (this white dot to often is not even visible)
We healers used to have USE TOOL (just once) on a mouseclick

Consider an option to map mousebuttons:

Personally I would love to be able to map mouse as following:

Left - use tool/shoot (just once) alternatively interact (F key)
Right mouse - open interact menue, with just one fast click instead the need of holding down F key for a while (would make things a lot faster!)

Mousewheel button: Look back

That already would help a lot.

Many other things already mentioned by others!

Beside that many people nowdays have a gamer mouse with a lot more buttons, how to map that ?
Its possible to map this in nearly every other MMO I tried last few years!

VU16 First Impression

I will admit, after taking the time to adjust my controls and settings, I too really like this update.

But after only a few hours of initial playtime, I do feel there are quite a few things that need to be improved upon or given the option to enable/disable in Options menu.

Here is a list of a few things I feel should be considered in my personal opinion;

- Prioritize next target to ones that are attacking you and/or allow to target entities behind camera/FoV.

- Allow Option to Disable Crosshair, In range Indicator, Damage Flash Star, White dot, etc. completely.

- Damage flash star in crosshair on mob still shows when disabled.

- Focusing on the flashing damage star and crosshair moving around with target is what makes me nauseous and dizzy. The flashing alone is hard on the eyes.

- When Scroll is Enabled to change Camera Mode, after zooming in, then back out into 3rd person, a portion of the crosshair becomes visible, even when there is no target.

- Option to disable mouse over corpse or terminal "Press [F] to interact" Possibly same as Disable Tutorials.

- Allow camera to be set to center in 3rd person rather than just Over the Shoulder.

- Increase zoom out distance for 3rd person.

- Enable some form of status bars or maybe health bars for healers who have a heal tool equiped.

- Increase range of available next targets.

- Bring back Lookup/down actions. (I am primarily a keyboard player)

- When rotating camera left or right with mapped keys on keyboard and hitting Interact to attack next target, camera will get stuck in a rotation after mob is killed. (if you have motion sickness, do not test this lol)

- Allow easy removal of Default Dashboard Icons at top right side.

- Certain actions such as healing, looting, terminals and other interactions cause the camera to zoom in/out, wobble, switch shoulders etc. The camera should be more stable and stationary.

- Bring back Key Map action icon or make L open both Edit Panel and Key Mapping

- Bring back Pickup action icon for vehicles.

- Damage and Heal ticker on avatar is behind other overlays and should be at the front. I can't see damage or heals done behind my radar that sits over top.

- Allow being able to have multiple terminals open such as crafting, storage and trade terminals.

- Allow remote access to Ship Guest Lists from anywhere in the Universe.

This is all I can think of, for now... I know there are some serious issues in Space atm too.

Geo

Last edited:
FYI - someone just figured out that the "Inventory" icon is actually hidden underneath other icons in the top RH corner

So if you've been trying to drag it out from your action library to your UI and it doesn't stick, that's the reason why. Just go into edit UI mode and move the other ones around and you'll eventually find it!

I wonder if that's why I can't add event list to my UI....

This white dot in the middle of my screen is really really really really getting on my nerves...

:banghead:

I second this.

Hi,

I'm reading every single post regarding the feedback of this release. I can already tell you that we are making some adjustments to increase the Zoom distance as well as more customization for the placement of the Camera. Much of this is now possible due to the new foundation and it will be much easier to implement.

One thing I have to say is that it is very hard to support every play style and "genre". We will do our best to try to cover your needs yet keep the direction we want with Entropia Universe.

I appreciate your time and patience in listening to us complain. I tried to play a little more today; moving the camera using left click to stabilize the camera helps with some with the nausea but makes hunting even more slow. Crafting was stable but I didn't spend time with the AH & other terminals opened as previously mentioned here. Mining is probably the least nauseating of the three but not being able to tab target to a claims makes it the lowest on the things I want to do. Overall I'm going to take a break for a few weeks until the next patch. Busy IRL anyways.

Inventory moving when opening storage / refiner is really, really annoying.

A couple more things of note (that as of typing have not been mentioned here):
The third person fixed camera of the crafting terminal doesn't show your feet. As a result, it doesn't even show the full swirl when getting a global.

I like the hover information display. However, is it possible to add decay of attachments on there (mining / hunting amplifiers, plates, etc)?

OK, but let's try an experiment...

Take a look at ANY of the screenshots here on the forum (or ANY forum), remove all the global/hofs because they don't count, just find all screen shots from 3rd person view since over the shoulder 1st became avail. and...

Find 5 screenshots showing over the shoulder position.

You literally removed the POV that is as often ingame as 1st person. over the shoulder isn't even in the same numbering system. Yet that's what you decided to force on us.

I appreciate that you guys may be going back and adjusting this, (thanks in advance) but this (among other things) was a change you forced on us that had nothing to do with playing styles that might be used by a 60/40% split or anything close.

In the end it's your Universe. I just hope you don't throw out the old completely just to bring in the the "chasing everyone else's new".

Focusing on the crosshair and flashing damage star moving around with the mob is what makes me feel dizzy and nauseous. The flashing alone is hard on the eyes.

To make it simple, after 4-5 hours of playing and fine tuning I have to say :

I like this VU.

Yup.

Plain simple.

Agreed 100%. Theres obviously some contextual items missing still as im sure the devs know but some that come to mind are:

-Pathfinders exterior from space could use operate and guestlist. currently have to board thru SS only.
-Emotes and gestures when interacting with other players. currently have to target self to access them.
-npc terminals on RT don't function at all but less critical as normal terminals work fine.
-Legend mentioned pets cannot be placed only spawned in shops.. Should be looked at

I was messing around a bit with healing but decided the new setup is much faster than it used to be. Granted you have to pay attention now hovering to see health bars instead of watching young & restless but it is faster.

Oh maps!! I like how theyre not zoomed right in now when opening a map/teleport & warp map but depending on your resolution the full size map being default or not saving is a lil huge.

Also please fix the custom channels saving bug with the map size saving and possible the inventory window position saving as well.

The rest seems pretty decent with minor tweaks here n there that ive seen so far.

Thanks.

Please think about how to fix things for healers.

We healers used to have HEALTHBARS
We healers used to have to manually aim onto our hunters, therefor NEED a CROSSHAIR (this white dot to often is not even visible)
We healers used to have USE TOOL (just once) on a mouseclick

Consider an option to map mousebuttons:

Personally I would love to be able to map mouse as following:

Left - use tool/shoot (just once) alternatively interact (F key)
Right mouse - open interact menue, with just one fast click instead the need of holding down F key for a while (would make things a lot faster!)

Mousewheel button: Look back

That already would help a lot.

Many other things already mentioned by others!

Beside that many people nowdays have a gamer mouse with a lot more buttons, how to map that ?
Its possible to map this in nearly every other MMO I tried last few years!

Well u can press the same button you did to select the healing tool to also use it once.

Mouse it shud come with software that allove you to make every button on it do whatever you want.. to press 1 or H or alt+f4 anything yur heart desires. That makes more sense as im not sure theres a real standard for gaming mice for MA to program. some have 2/4/6/24 buttons, extra wheels, rolly balls, touch pads etc.

And im starting to like the freelook button instead of reverse camera.. Just hold It for a sec and look around in any direction not just straight behind. its pretty kewl.

Mindarse

I am dead. I cannot revive, but amazingly, the dead me can teleport. The dead me can travel around the universe but cannot get to revive. I deadset cannot reconfigure to anywhere near my previous optimal set-up. Tell me MA, who benefits from this? PKers? people with fast internet? Your mates who suggested these changes? Is it money? FITH baby FITH!

Other than the key bindings and lots of already mentioned things with camera and moving, not targeting something near you; the "interact" key switches to another target before looting quite often. I am liking a lot of the core changes. But it was nice before that once target locked you stayed locked even after the creature was dead until you actually wanted to switch to another target. I'm not really a fan of loot pills, never had any issues looting things before they existed anyway, and helps when mobs fall into the floor, rocks, slopes etc. Especially with melee and its up close, the interact sends you straight into another mob. and ranged unless you actively stay on it it sends you to another one.

Other than the key bindings and lots of already mentioned things with camera and moving, not targeting something near you; the "interact" key switches to another target before looting quite often. I am liking a lot of the core changes. But it was nice before that once target locked you stayed locked even after the creature was dead until you actually wanted to switch to another target. I'm not really a fan of loot pills, never had any issues looting things before they existed anyway, and helps when mobs fall into the floor, rocks, slopes etc. Especially with melee and its up close, the interact sends you straight into another mob. and ranged unless you actively stay on it it sends you to another one.

The fun part is that it don't works whith loot pills either..

Whith loot pill on, right after the mob is dead, if you click next target, then it stop the auto-use.

If you click interact, then the loot pill is not fast enough, so the interact is used as "loot mob" anyway..
Then the loot pill is useless and you have to click interact 2 times to select next mob..

I'll try not to talk much here today, cause I want to stay polite.. And lately, it's not that easy.. :mad:

Hi,

Well you didnt read our suggestions re space in your original post about this did you .
You were asked at least 3 times to pay regard to space , you didnt and now up there its just a total bugfest .

[...]But it was nice before that once target locked you stayed locked even after the creature was dead until you actually wanted to switch to another target. [...]

Never using the loot creature key during hunts and always using a loot pill it's hard for me to appreciate the negative impact of this change for those who don't use loot pills at all, but, one of the nice features related to this is that the gun stops firing now after the creature is dead and not being super focused every mob, there was a lot of waste in PVP hunts which is now gone and I love it.

IMO looting did not become that much harder now in this new system, you can swap to cursor mode after locking another target and quickly click in carcass to loot it (either mouse button 1 or 2).
I would really like an extra attachemnt on weapon/myself that could decay 50pec/hr to autloot as the actual consuming of the pill is what's bothering me the most. :D

And hunting 12-16hours a day I definately didn't go broke after the loot pills

Some cool things a lot of useless things.

Overall I think this was a massive waste of time, the core system is still the same, core bugs still exist. We ended up with a new camera, which is copy paste code, and a control system that makes no sense to the games out there on the market today.

Press to hold was made for mobile. Because of the lack of keys, we have a full keyboard here......why are we using less keys now?

Your big mistake was assuming this new keyboard layout would make sense to people. It does not , it is not standard at all. It took me 2-3 hours to figure out how to remap the entire thing, all to get it to the point it was at prior to release, with a fancy new camera that will not zoom out. And guess what, after all that there really isn't much new,besides being able to read deeply into the mind of Dennis, and how his logic (kinda) works.

It is clear, Dennis likes dots, Dennis likes the letter F, Dennis likes auto zoom, Dennis hates drag out bars. But no-one that I know does. It seems clear that Dennis may have been the only tester as well, he uses a gun, but not melee, and guess what....melee having issues, space having issues, so many aspects of the game Dennis is not familiar with are bugged and were not attended to.

And this brings me to the last point. Why did you not listen, why did you not ask? You people are far too full of yourselves to assume to know what we need or want without asking. All I see is a new enthusiastic DEV, with very little actual gaming experience trying to make a game he wants....not one his customers want or are used to.

Fix core issues, fix bugs, stop seeing new shiny objects and distracting yourselves. While adding a camera was a big task for you, it is drag and drop code in other engines. It should have taken a competent Dev a day to add it in and not mess with the key map.

Hell half of the rage on this thread is a result of a completely illogical key map.

All in all this does not really impress me, Mindark still has issues. The core being, they assume way too much, and never bother to ask those affected.

Press to hold was made for mobile. Because of the lack of keys, we have a full keyboard here......why are we using less keys now?

:wise:

My guess was that keyboards at MA's office have alot of missing keys..

Well if you read through all the reactions, it's pretty clear that the majority of the players are handicapped in some way and suffer from extreme motion sickness, and lack the ability to read simple instructions...

Unless.....

The obnoxious whiners on PCF don't represent the majority of the player base? Nahh... can't be right...

Dear Mr. Detrius

We all know now that you love the new system and all others are retarded or old farts or handicapped and should be excluded from playing EU as the are only active in this Forum.

To be honest I think it is the other way around, the people you see here complain about the changes that are uncalled for and make their Entropia Universe experience less enjoyable are the ones that stick to MA in good and bad times.

If you are are not a Trumpist, someone who thinks he is the only one who knows it all and everyone else is a whiner, you could see that a lot of people who have invested money and time over the last 10 years are the ones who complain. It's mostly the players who made MA a living the last 10 years who are now suffering from several things that prevent them to use this service how they are used to.

It is only a short time since the VU I know but I see how much less global are registered on entropialive and we all will see how the CLD's pay out the next weeks will be.

For me a lot of things I used to do in EU is now much more difficult to do and a lot of features which where added over the last years and I loved to use them are now gone. This is certainly not the way I thought a so called Improvement of the camera system will do that I can't hunt like before, I get this silly zoom out swinging around my avatar going into 3rd person view, that I have a lot less possibilities where I want my camera to view the scene etc. etc.

Normally a new VU means more, better, improved features or new functionalities but this time it is a use new system or be fucked up and leave VU. I really feel now better that I sold my SGA Item last year and made in mid January a withdrawal request for that money so when all goes south I have may investment back.

BTW if there is someone who is interested in a Rx Optac X1 Shin Guards(M) give me a PM :)

Hi,

Could you please elaborate what direction you want EU to evolve into?
Wouldn't it be more profitable for Mindark if you would evolve into a game your customers love and deposit money to play it or is it better to change the game into something your paying customers don't like, cant handle or cant play because they have a disability?

Do you want to change it to something like compet or to a smartphone game or a console style game or whatever else there is?

In this process are you going to strip more functions we have now to please certain players?

Thank you very much for your time and answers so I can now decide what to do in the future.

Back