Good Work MA

It's not just the geriatric old farts that don't like change (although I'm probably one of those) but it's also the disabled who have difficulty adjusting, especially when a number of features have been removed (auto-tool and next target were a Godsend for me, but now I doubt that I can physically play as much as I used to)

auto-tool removed? no more auto fire, you have to click the mouse everytime you need to fire? am I understanding this correctly?

Yes you are understanding what he said but he is completely WRONG. He is like I used to be, I did not read the release notes. Now I do. I am not condemning him because I was just the same as him but he, like me, will have to change and read the notes.

Anyway the select target is still alive and well and is called lock target now. Click it and hold the auto fire for a second or two and release and it will do the rest. Even better is the "F" key hit and it will select the next target kill and stop shooting with ONE click and then click it again and it will loot it for you. MA could have put the auto look also but then no one would buy the auto-loot pill and I don't really blame them for that.

So far it's just a good job to break the game. (but maybe that's what they want, so they will not have to pay any of their debts .. Who knows!)

This community sucks.

Call me a old fart I will show you the power of mines.
I am a old player with thousands of hours mining and I really enjoy it from last 14 years. So now with the new update the camera make me nauseous because I can push it far away as it been. Now I can't even see my claims disposed in the floor to follow my mining tactics as I been doing for many years.
I been through many changes in PE but this one so far was the worst patch for mining and this week I mine very less and planning to quit playing for the coming times until I have a 3rd camera zoom out as before.
Good luck all

I been through many changes in PE but this one so far was the worst patch for mining and this week I mine very less and planning to quit playing for the coming times until I have a 3rd camera zoom out as before.
Good luck all

Not only for mining. Hunting is worst.

(It seems that they want Entropy Universe go to bankrupt. Everything they do points in that direction: Deeptoken, Compet, New camera controls ..)

(It seems that they want Entropy Universe go to bankrupt. Everything they do points in that direction: Deeptoken, Compet, New camera controls ..)

I don't hunt much anyways but I can imagine the same problems there.
I am not a kid anymore as 90% of the players in this game we are over 30 35 years many over 50s.
What as kept us here was a sleek playing game without much complexity as grid style of other games. Now entropia look a cheap game with massive cursors, very limited camera options and just the interaction with the environment around us is not same anymore.
We as an adult players feel like another shitty diablo kind game. I bet my dick many old players will quit. Look what happen to the most skilled player in game Dan Dan petrov slowly we quit like him because we not here to make this a child game.

Best

Now entropia look a cheap game with massive cursors, very limited camera options and just the interaction with the environment around us is not same anymore.

Totally agree! EU was more than a game, Now is only other game more.

We as an adult players feel like another shitty diablo kind game. I bet my dick many old players will quit. Look what happen to the most skilled player in game Dan Dan petrov slowly we quit like him because we not here to make this a child game.

Best

Maybe you are right. Maybe all of us must quit from new EU.

The new people in charge of Mindark do not hear to community. They only are happy with applause of 2 fanboys that every knows.

Last edited:

I have not mined since the update. As far as I am concerned hunting is as good now as it was pre 2010 (and when they introduced the auto-fire which was before the 2010 release) when they went to the Cry engine. My average run time as been cut by at least 1/3 with the same amount of kills, same amount of ammo. I know a lot of it is probably because no more shudder of the mob after the kill but the ease of kills seem much better that it ever has been.

I did go over the release notes several times and found little things that IMO has streamlined hunting. One of the things is the F key, one click to kill automatically (no interaction on your part) and then one more click to auto loot. That's pretty nice IMO. BTW I am one of the old players and I am staying :).

CozMoDan said:
One of the things is the F key, one click to kill automatically (no interaction on your part) and then one more click to auto loot. That's pretty nice IMO. BTW I am one of the old players and I am staying :).

No, is not. With old camera system i could kill with more efficience. You can see % votes in thread "Do u like new camera?" a half of people dont like the new system. But 50% is a scandal!!! Mindark needs make many many many fixes to new system before peoples likes it

So many complaints about the play style becoming more automated, but you don't have to play that way. You can still aim manually, and shoot one-shot at time - old school EU hunting - and even that is better than before as you at see when a target is in range.

I use a variety of play styles, and use both 1st and 3rd person at times. I also have a fly/drive left-handed setup on my number pad, and some other duplicated key locations for flexibility. The biggest issue I am having now is I've moved where my guns and faps are bit, and I keep forgetting - but am an old fart.

Peace, Miles.

No, is not. With old camera system i could kill with more efficience. You can see % votes in thread "Do u like new camera?" a half of people dont like the new system. But 50% is a scandal!!! Mindark needs make many many many fixes to new system before peoples likes it

I also feel that it is about 50-50 however, some of the comments show that the poster did not read the release notes. Instead of us guessing why don't you create a poll with just a yes-no and we can really see the percent is. BTW the F key was just a comment and surely not the only way to hunt. But this I know for sure, my runs did average about 35 minutes and that is over 3100 runs, now the last 50 or so average about 20 minutes and that is a fact not a guess. Not bitching at you just telling you my experiences. If players don't like the new way I understand but I do. It a matter of choice I guess:)

So many complaints about the play style becoming more automated, but you don't have to play that way. You can still aim manually, and shoot one-shot at time - old school EU hunting - and even that is better than before as you at see when a target is in range.

I use a variety of play styles, and use both 1st and 3rd person at times. I also have a fly/drive left-handed setup on my number pad, and some other duplicated key locations for flexibility. The biggest issue I am having now is I've moved where my guns and faps are bit, and I keep forgetting - but am an old fart.

Peace, Miles.

I agree with you and I do like some automation but like you said you do not have to play that way. I used to play with auto-use turned on and a loot pill and "select next target" and just run and gun. But I am not sure if the auto use tool stays on after the kill, I know the F key does not after the kill so you can click once and loot the mob.

I think I could really use some explanation, because quite some people seem to say it is more automated now, and they hunt faster, while I have the complete opposite feeling. I hunt 3 times slower than before.

I really miss the select next target button.

I use auto loot pills, so for me the F button for looting makes no difference. But when I shoot a mob, the mob runs to me, stands in front of me, and my characters looks to the ground & shoots the mob at the bottom. When the mob dies, I have no other mobs in view anymore. With select next target, my guy could easily take the next target, even if it were behind me. Now, if it's not inside my crosshair, my character will do nothing. And because my character looks at the ground when shooting a mob, there's never a mob in crosshair. So after every kill, my guy stops shooting, no matter how many times I click to start shooting again.

This is very annoying because on previous system I could hunt 1 handed, the only thing I had to do was do select next target all the time.

Because I have many keybinds, and all keybinds around Z,Q,S,D are for movement (I play azerty keyboard, so that's the same as W,A,S,D for querty keyboard), I do not have any keys near my movement keys available to use for the hunting (F key & lock target), only the F key I could use, but I'm kinda used to having my hall of fame there. So I'd rather not have it. But okay, I understand maybe I have to adapt. So I should use the F key. Meh.... But okay, if I have to adapt... but then I still need a second button available for lock target, and I don't really have another button available.

Up until now, I used F12 for next target, and backspace for autouse. Was very easy, I could hunt 1 handen.

Now I need to constantly run & also use mouse for camera view to actually have a target inside crosshair. So I need to use left hand for movement keys, right hand for mouse... Sadly I have no middle hand for F12/Backspace...

So this kind of feels impossible to play now, because I always have to let go of 1 hand to press my lock target button again... And I already have to use 2 hands instead of 1 :(

I used to often hunt 1 handed, while doing stuff on phone with other hand, that seems to be impossible now :(

So if someone can please explain me how you guys can hunt faster, please help me, cause some people seem to say it's easier & that 1 handed hunting is possible, allthough for me after every mob it stops until I run to a new mob & aim with mouse manually. That kinda ruins the whole idea of "automatic hunting".

Imo, they really should add more zoom out option, and a way to lock onto mobs that is in your field of view, no matter if your weapon range is insufficient, that way you can lock onto and your avatar should walk until max range of gun and toggle auto-use tool.

Also priority attacking with F, if there are mobs near you.

I also feel that it is about 50-50 however, some of the comments show that the poster did not read the release notes. Instead of us guessing why don't you create a poll with just a yes-no and we can really see the percent is. BTW the F key was just a comment and surely not the only way to hunt. But this I know for sure, my runs did average about 35 minutes and that is over 3100 runs, now the last 50 or so average about 20 minutes and that is a fact not a guess. Not bitching at you just telling you my experiences. If players don't like the new way I understand but I do. It a matter of choice I guess:)

Everything depends on how you hunted before. If you used to hunt with health bars, I imagine that F greatly improved your efficiency. But if before you hunted with next target, auto tool, auto loot, first and third person, automatic or manual hunting, as appropriate, today you would only say that you have dizziness and headaches.

I think we have to respect each of the player 50-50% positions. It's not all about "reading instructions" or "being young to accept changes". The real thing here is that there is a problem that must be solved to improve the version that nobody asked for.

Thats all friend. Good luck.

I think I could really use some explanation, because quite some people seem to say it is more automated now, and they hunt faster, while I have the complete opposite feeling. I hunt 3 times slower than before.

I really miss the select next target button.

I use auto loot pills, so for me the F button for looting makes no difference. But when I shoot a mob, the mob runs to me, stands in front of me, and my characters looks to the ground & shoots the mob at the bottom. When the mob dies, I have no other mobs in view anymore. With select next target, my guy could easily take the next target, even if it were behind me. Now, if it's not inside my crosshair, my character will do nothing. And because my character looks at the ground when shooting a mob, there's never a mob in crosshair. So after every kill, my guy stops shooting, no matter how many times I click to start shooting again.

This is very annoying because on previous system I could hunt 1 handed, the only thing I had to do was do select next target all the time.

Because I have many keybinds, and all keybinds around Z,Q,S,D are for movement (I play azerty keyboard, so that's the same as W,A,S,D for querty keyboard), I do not have any keys near my movement keys available to use for the hunting (F key & lock target), only the F key I could use, but I'm kinda used to having my hall of fame there. So I'd rather not have it. But okay, I understand maybe I have to adapt. So I should use the F key. Meh.... But okay, if I have to adapt... but then I still need a second button available for lock target, and I don't really have another button available.

Up until now, I used F12 for next target, and backspace for autouse. Was very easy, I could hunt 1 handen.

Now I need to constantly run & also use mouse for camera view to actually have a target inside crosshair. So I need to use left hand for movement keys, right hand for mouse... Sadly I have no middle hand for F12/Backspace...

So this kind of feels impossible to play now, because I always have to let go of 1 hand to press my lock target button again... And I already have to use 2 hands instead of 1 :(

I used to often hunt 1 handed, while doing stuff on phone with other hand, that seems to be impossible now :(

So if someone can please explain me how you guys can hunt faster, please help me, cause some people seem to say it's easier & that 1 handed hunting is possible, allthough for me after every mob it stops until I run to a new mob & aim with mouse manually. That kinda ruins the whole idea of "automatic hunting".

The select next target is still here is call lock target now. The thing I like most is you only shoot at the target you have selected, which also means if another mob gets between you and the selection it won't shoot until the object is moved. When you kill you mob just hit lock target and move to the next. Are you hunting in first person? if you are try 3rd. I use 3rd and hardly ever have a problem unless the mob dies at my feet then I have to move like you said. Not sure how you are hunting one handed ? Please explain as I am interested.
I have turn left on my key board I can't remember if when I use it I stand up. But this works for sure just run toward the nearest mob and you will see arrow which tells you that you can select it with lock target. I do that when I get locked with my head down.

I do hunt quicker as I state above by about a third.

BTW as I stated above you can reassign any key if you want F12 to be lock target just pull it out the actions menu and plop it on F12 simple :) You can change any key assignment as far as I know.

GL hope you can resolve your problems.

Imo, they really should add more zoom out option, and a way to lock onto mobs that is in your field of view, no matter if your weapon range is insufficient, that way you can lock onto and your avatar should walk until max range of gun and toggle auto-use tool.

Also priority attacking with F, if there are mobs near you.

I agree with the zoom being bigger. Not sure what you mean out of your field of view, you mean like behind you ?
if so I don't think that is not going to happen I hope because I really like that feature. As far as distance I have been able to select anything I can see other than a red at the edge of the radar but you never could select those. If you are talking about out of range of your weapon I have done that many times. Just hit lock target and fire and you will go, that is when the wobbles start that make some peeps sick but if you hold down W (walk key) the wobble on your ava will stop but the sight will still shake to tell you it is out of range.

Now sure what you mean by propriety attacking, I think if want a certain mob attacked just point at it and hit F and that's the one it will attack.

The select next target is still here is call lock target now. The thing I like most is you only shoot at the target you have selected, which also means if another mob gets between you and the selection it won't shoot until the object is moved. When you kill you mob just hit lock target and move to the next. Are you hunting in first person? if you are try 3rd. I use 3rd and hardly ever have a problem unless the mob dies at my feet then I have to move like you said. Not sure how you are hunting one handed ? Please explain as I am interested.
I have turn left on my key board I can't remember if when I use it I stand up. But this works for sure just run toward the nearest mob and you will see arrow which tells you that you can select it with lock target. I do that when I get locked with my head down.

I do hunt quicker as I state above by about a third.

BTW as I stated above you can reassign any key if you want F12 to be lock target just pull it out the actions menu and plop it on F12 simple :) You can change any key assignment as far as I know.

GL hope you can resolve your problems.

You seem to not read what I said, so I will explain again:

The select next target is still here is call lock target now.
No it's not, it only works when you look at a mob, and like I said, my guy always looks at the ground, so it never works for me.

Are you hunting in first person? if you are try 3rd.
I always hunt third person.

I use 3rd and hardly ever have a problem unless the mob dies at my feet then I have to move like you said.
That's the issue, mobs always die at my feet. I use pistol, not rifle... That's what I'm trying to explain, the current system completely breaks hunting with pistol, and makes it impossible to hunt short range. WORST UPDATE EVER for pistols. Pistols are currently pretty much unusable, thank you MA.

Not sure how you are hunting one handed ? Please explain as I am interested.
That's the thing... I can't anymore. Before update, only thing I had to do was click "Select Next target" button once every minute or so. Right now? It's not possible at all.

Yes, I know, that's the bloody issue that I said... I now would need 3 hands to be able to control everything... Sadly, a normal human only has 2... See the issue? I can't use left side of keyboard, right side of keyboard and mouse all 3 at the same time with only 2 hands. If you can, please teach me, or lend me a hand... Literally...

Everything depends on how you hunted before. If you used to hunt with health bars, I imagine that F greatly improved your efficiency. But if before you hunted with next target, auto tool, auto loot, first and third person, automatic or manual hunting, as appropriate, today you would only say that you have dizziness and headaches.

I think we have to respect each of the player 50-50% positions. It's not all about "reading instructions" or "being young to accept changes". The real thing here is that there is a problem that must be solved to improve the version that nobody asked for.

Thats all friend. Good luck.

Exactly how I did hunt and I think this is as good if not better IMO. I, also, respect the other 50% that don't. I would be willing to bet that I am by far the oldest player and hate change and my first gut feeling was like the other 50% until I read, tried and read some more and played a lot. It does take a bit of time but I like it now and it reminds of the pre 2010 playing which I loved after MA put in the auto-use action. Almost lost a finger I clicked so much LOL.

The bad news that, based on the past, MA is not going to change much and if you don't believe that look how long we have been shuddering over mobs and that is finally fixed.

You seem to not read what I said, so I will explain again:

No it's not, it only works when you look at a mob, and like I said, my guy always looks at the ground, so it never works for me.

I always hunt third person.

That's the issue, mobs always die at my feet. I use pistol, not rifle... That's what I'm trying to explain, the current system completely breaks hunting with pistol, and makes it impossible to hunt short range. WORST UPDATE EVER for pistols. Pistols are currently pretty much unusable, thank you MA.

That's the thing... I can't anymore. Before update, only thing I had to do was click "Select Next target" button once every minute or so. Right now? It's not possible at all.

Yes, I know, that's the bloody issue that I said... I now would need 3 hands to be able to control everything... Sadly, a normal human only has 2... See the issue? I can't use left side of keyboard, right side of keyboard and mouse all 3 at the same time with only 2 hands. If you can, please teach me, or lend me a hand... Literally...

I read just fine and I was trying to help you but you chose to be rude, I doubt you will get much help any more, so GL hope you find another game to play.

I read just fine and I was trying to help you but you chose to be rude, I doubt you will get much help any more, so GL hope you find another game to play.
So explaining you in bulletpoints is chosing to be rude? :/

Last edited:
Why did the troll get banned? (he was kind of a likable little fellow)

So explaining you in bulletpoints is chosing to be rude? :/

No dumb butt you basically said I couldn't read and you had to explain again, really. Save it for someone else. You can have the last word it will be the same crap.

I know this is a bit off the OP,but still applies to the title of the thread...this is a pamphlet so must be treated as such.

Meeting at MA HQ.
Employee 1 : "Boss we need to bring in more money,but how can we do that?"
Boss : "Let's sell some new stuff"
Employee 2 : " Can't really do that boss,players are pissed with the compet,statues and deeptoken fiascos"
Employee 3 : " Yeah,look at Ark Moon deeds,we haven't managed to sell all of them yet.Players keep bitching on forums about wanting us to keep our past promises before new adventures"
Employee 4 : " They also have wish lists on forums saying what they want fixed and what stuff they want us to implement"
Employee 5 : " So what should we do first???"
Boss : " You are right,we need to do something and I have the best idea ever!"
Employees : " What,what? Oh,please tell us!"
Boss : "A new camera and control system!"
Employees clapping : "Omg,it's a brilliant idea! You are the BOSS !!!!"

End of pamphlet.

Remember that the aim dot has to be on the dead mob to loot using either F or right click.
3.You can only select what you see. If a mob is smelling your butt ( :) ) it will not turn around and select it. If your head is down or straight in the air you can't see anything. You have to have the dot over the mob to use the F key to select the mob and again to loot it I think.

And thats all the fucking problem.

For KEYBOARD ONLY players its game over, YOU NEED THAT DAMN MOUSE now.

For just ONE HAND players its game over, YOU NEED BOTH HANDS now.

How is this any good, when this options simply have been terminated?

I achieved decent keyboard-only hunting in OTS by first putting my mouse just above my avatar's feet, then never moving it (using Panacea F for everything). It was way boring compared to two weeks ago but it worked.

I do miss being able to move mouse-only and do everything else keyboard-only.

I'd like to know why op got banned too

Maybe because he was using the word 'gypsy' a lot in this other thread and in order to insult other ppl?

But that's just out of my memory and this may or may not be the only reason..

It's actually been fine for me when using mouse only, but keyboard only definitely doesn't feel as viable as before.

I agree with the zoom being bigger. Not sure what you mean out of your field of view, you mean like behind you ?
if so I don't think that is not going to happen I hope because I really like that feature. As far as distance I have been able to select anything I can see other than a red at the edge of the radar but you never could select those. If you are talking about out of range of your weapon I have done that many times. Just hit lock target and fire and you will go, that is when the wobbles start that make some peeps sick but if you hold down W (walk key) the wobble on your ava will stop but the sight will still shake to tell you it is out of range.

Now sure what you mean by propriety attacking, I think if want a certain mob attacked just point at it and hit F and that's the one it will attack.

Problem with lock target is you need to actually hover over the mob to "lock it". Once you get within your weapons range a mob's arrow becomes visible, that's when F works (and then you don't need to hover over mob just press F).

What I want is that you don't need to hover over mob and just press F (no matter your weapon range) basically all mobs have those arrows shown, so can be targeted with F, and your avatar will walk towards mob and start shooting at max range of your weapon..
I don't want to have to point at what mob to attack. Before I could press C (select self) then R next target and it would select the closest target, then I'd just press auto usetool mouse 3. All done.

With current system if I want to hunt somewhat like before, I need to use a long range tagger 161 meters on every mob so the F key works most of the time. Which is a pain.

Back